Thread: electro stims

bigcat3727 is offline Junior Member

electro stims

Anyone ever use those electro stim shockers on your muscles in addition to working out? what was ur experience?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I have heard that they do work, but the present commercially availabe ones to do not provide enough of a shock to the muscle(i.e it needs more power) and you have to continually turn up the voltage everytime you use it to continually shock your muscles.

Not sure what effects this could have on your heart/brain.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Pics in mags show they get you huge. Only good use in my opinion is for physical therapy like after my knee surgery. Bruce Lee used to use em and sais it was like doing 1000 pushups in 5 min.

mdd
    mdd is offline Junior Member
    the ads also make it seem like its the only thing you need to do for a perfect body, i agree with grove it would be good for therapy

i know i sure couldd have used one on my knee

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I wrapped one around my upper arm (it was one made to normally be wrapped around the midsection - for the abdominals) once... it made the muscle contract and release - then this chick snuck up behind me and turned it up to full power and it forced me to nearly punch myself in the face!

IMHO - they are fun at parties but nothing beats (nor should ever replace) training with weights. If this elctro sheeit was effective - you would here more about it. There is nearly no info on it by the top strength coaches or industry gurus... just back-page ads...

It might warrant more research - but there may also be a very good reason why there is very little advocation of its use... personally, I really don't know much about its effectiveness...

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    well if you bought the Ab-Tronic (i think it was that one) then there's a good piece of evidence that it doens't work. You can get your $150 back because it was proven not to work. I don't have the website for it but yeah if you bought it you can get a refund from the manufactuer.

My friend had it (and got a refund) and we were playing with it the same way as Warrior was. The first time i used it, it was okay. but someone had to turn it to full blast and **** that hurt! it's like a muscle cramp followed by rest and then another painstaking cramp. Well my friend told me eventually he could use full power and it wouldn't hurt anymore.

As for building muscle with it....i'm skeptical.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    i agree with yall sayin it's only good for therapy I had done everyday for a whil after a torn hamstring and i also had the experience of getting it (sorry i don't know what that muscle is called) done on one side of the muscles that are on the sides of your lower abs...........you know the one that pull up your nuts when you flex

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have heard that they are good for stimulation etc etc..but for building, useless. I am sure there are millions of opinions, but further research is necessary to ligitimize any claims made by the companies that produce such machines.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Does the ab-crunch give you a six pack?

Thread Information