will86 is offline Banned

big hip bones, small shoulders problem

Hey i dont know what kind of body type i have, i read through arnold's book and i just cant seem to match up. I have a pretty long neck, small shoulder width thats a bit slanted, with hip bones that are pretty big. I want a V shaped frame but my lower body is a bit too big, i ve noticed when i was a kid to now, that i've always had meaty legs, calves, and ass. If i were to lose some fat on these parts what exercises should i do?(especially to cut down on my ass) Also doing heavy squats are going to make my frame even worse correct?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Heavy squats will definately increase your problems as you will be adding muscle underneath the fat. If I were in your situation, I would concentrate almost all of my efforts getting size and thickness in the upper body and running 2 or 3 times a week to cut fat and tighten up the legs.

Light (15+ reps) squats, leg curls, and calf raises would be the only thing I would recommend occasionally for lower body. Give us a little more info about yourself - training history, age, supplements, what you eat, weight, etc.

will86 is offline Banned
    im starting to go on a bulking phase in December so on leg days, should i do high reps low weight with little rest in between sets to prevent a lot of muscle mass on my leg area?

will86 is offline Banned
    This is my meal plan for bulking up, i'm 17, 165 lbs 5'11, been training for 1 1/2 years and i take creatine and glutamine and a lot of whey.

630 AM- 1 egg, 4 egg whites - 24g Protein
    3/4 cup oatmeal - 27g Carb, 5 g Protein
    3 cups of skim milk- 36 g C, 24 g Protein, 7.5 g of Fat

840 AM- Tuna w/ 2 slices of Whole wheat bread- 21g Protein, 26g Carbs, 3g Fat

1230 PM- 1 cup skim milk- 8g Protein, 12g Carb
    1/2 chicken breast- 20 g Protein
    mixed veggies- 15 g Carbs, 5g Protein

330 PM- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with tuna sandwich(meal 2)

630PM- POST workout meal
    Protein shake with 30g of Pure cane sugar- 46g Protein, 35 g Carb

8PM- 1/2 chicken breast
    mixed veggies
    2 cup rice - 31 g Protein, 87 g Carbs

Adding this all up i get 212 g Protein, 270 g Carbs, and 22.5 grams of fat.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    The body types are only a generalization. Everyone does not fit into one category. Most people are a mixture of the different types. If you are 5'11" and only 165 lbs. your lower body couldn't be all that big. I would say work your lower body as you normally would. The V shape comes primarily from your back, so concentrate on your back if that is what you are looking for.

I wouldn't even do leg days all that often. Since you're trying to proportion your body, I would do a light leg day maybe once every 1 to 2 weeks and upper body everything once a week, along with the running 2 or 3 times a week.

Do intense workouts with heavy weight for the upper body though. Don't forget to drink lots of water while bulking also, I think muscle is around 70% water. And if there's a couple hours between your last meal and bedtime, drink a shake before you go to sleep.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 11-29-2003 at 12:01 AM.

will86 is offline Banned
    since im bulking, do i have to still run 2-3 times a week?

It's up to you if you want to run while bulking. Since you're trying to get things in proportion, I wouldnt exactly call it "bulking" because while bulking you should do squats and deadlifts also, and you're not doing those. I would eat like you do and still run at least twice a week to lose fat and tighted up the legs. You can still put on upper body mass even if you run twice a week, and it will help your legs get under control.

will86 is offline Banned
    should i train my legs almost everyday to overtrain them thus causing muscle breakdown on my legs? (there is little muscle mass on my lower half) Also how long should i run and at what intensity?

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    should i train my legs almost everyday to overtrain them thus causing muscle breakdown on my legs? (there is little muscle mass on my lower half) Also how long should i run and at what intensity?
    No. Only train them twice a week at the most. Overtraining won't cause your legs to get smaller. You will have to rely on your diet and cardio for that.

Thread Information