HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

training split ??? vets and mods ...

im going to try using the 5x5 training method with 4 exercises per big body parts and 3 exercises for smaller ! i want to keep the split to a 3 day scheme !

i have very quick recovery time keep in mind !
    here's what my new routine looks like ...

day 1 : chest/shoulders ( im really hesitant in putting these 2 together but alot of the pro's i know put these 2 together because they all agree that one of the best exercises that will hit your shoulders is heavy free bench so you may as well put these 2 groups together. Also this day 1 does put a huge stress on the shoulders but the shoulders are like calves, you have to train calves with at least 3 times your body wieght if you expect some gains outta them because when you walk and your heal leaves the ground there is 3x the amount of your body weight on your feet and calves ! Same thing with your shoulders, how many times a day do you lift things and move your arms so i figure i always feel i get a shoulder workout with chest so i may as well kill em while im at it ? so what are your comments on this day )

day 2 : legs/tris/traps (i put tris on this day because i dont really feel i will be pre-exhausting my tris with chest, and i dont want to put tris with back because my bench will suffer when day 4 comes around and i repeat the routine. i've never really felt a big strain on my tris during chest but i do know its there to a certain extent but not all that much if you're really consentrating on putting the weight up with your chest)

day 3 : back/bis ( once again pre-exhausting bis by doing back first, but if you're really consentrating on using your back and lats i never really find i have a problem doing these together )

day 4 : repeat split and on day 7 rest !

so what you guys think ?

nobody ?

slamd097 is offline Banned
    well...ill take a crack at it..

I change my routine every month. I did the 5X5 but I changed it a little.
    I did all of my mass movements at the beginning of the week and all odf my iso's at the end. It all depends what you are trying to achieve. i am kinda massing out and giving a slight cause on cutting so I don't get to round. If you can do a twice a day work out I would split up all of the days.

Monday, wednesday, friday

that way you give all of your little muscles a chance to kinda gain some of the integerity back. That way when you do go in and start cracking the plates you get a full work out with all of your muscles.

well i can't make it twice a day although i really wish i could cuz i would, and i dont have any problem with getting round, i stay pretty cut throughtout the year even when im bulking so shaping exercises arent really a priority with me i miight do one to finish of a body part but thats about it ! all my training is based on bench,squats,bent rows,chins, etc. so in other words all mass exercises !

Thread Information