big daddy k de is offline Senior Member

Abs while bulking for bigdaddy?

ok i am bulking as we speak. i have been gainning some nice mass and getting stronger. How should i be working my abs when i am doing the bulking thing? any programs recamended? I am doing 0% cardio. When spring comes i want to start cutting and i wanna get my abs stronger and hard under that winter fat hehehe any help will be awsome
    thanx guys

Ok how about obliqes (love handels how can i thin down my waist

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I think they are called side bends. Stand straight up, hold a weight in one hand and lean over to the side (not forward or backward) like trying to touch the floor. Then straighten up and that is one rep.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well first off, don't do weighted sit ups while bulking otherwise you'll just increase your waist size further. Think of your abs like all your other muscles, hit them with resistance and they'll grow!!.

As for your obliques (sp'ing), again side bends with weight will widen your waist. If you want to hit them try lying down on your side and (this is the ebst way I can describe it) do a side up bringing your head/elbows UP and towards your hips.

Its good to hear your hitting your abs, because although you might not see them when your bulking their one of the most important muscle groups in your body. Finally, reconsider your cardio. Its very important to exercise your heart muscle also. CV fitness will vastly improve your max lifts.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Also try not to do abs more than 3x's a week.... just another muscle. You want "bigger" abs so when you cut their easier to spot.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Yup, like Legs said. but man you'd better be cut'n or your gonna have a nice hard ONE pack, lol..

if you tend to carry fat on your mid section just be carefull of using weighted sit ups or crunchs. If you do have a tendency to carry fat there do ordinary sit ups or crunchs and get your cardio kicking.

thanx for the info bros .. ok so no weight with the sit ups. i plan on cutting a month befor spring and i should harden up fast when i chang up my diet. i try to keep the cals for the muscel to feed on but i hear you on the healthy heart. i will try to do cardio ... treadmill? stairstepper? how long ?
    thanx

Jackman is offline Banned
    i used to have a six pack.... then i drank it

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    For abs, I do the crunches, decline sit ups and side bends with DBs and torso -twists, with a straight bar. No weights during sit ups!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I don't think you need to stress abs during a bulking cycle. Do them a couple times or 3 times a week, but don't stress over them. When you cut up, I think is when you really need to concentrate on bringing them up and out. If you worry about your abs and do too much you'll end up widening your waste! Bigol and bouncer are right on!

SID

Thread Information