thirdaxis is offline New Member

Smile Still a beginner sorting it all out (looking for some help!)

Okay... it's now time for me to get serious!
    I've been working out since June with very few gains.

I started back training "seriously" in June 03 at 155# and have recently weighed in at 167. My current weights (bench, etc.) suck compared to all of you huge guys, so in tandem with my goal of getting up to 180+, I want to try and double all the weights I do (in due time). (I'm actually too embarrassed to reveal these yet... lol).

Something stuff that's bothering me:
    Okay guys, I have zero abs. In fact, I have this annoying bulge underneath my belly button (between it and the pelvic area) that is like really annoying. I think that since I'm bulking now, I shouldn't worry about it, but **** seeing guys on here 'bulking' and still having mass vascularity and no loss of abdominal definition is kind of off-putting. Chock it up to bad genetics

I mentioned I was bulking - but oh how the gains are slow. I take in an average of 3000 cals per day, 250-300 g protein, 250 carbs, 70g fat per day. I'm kind of anxious about upping that any, but since I lost my friggin Excel spreadsheet in a recent HD crash I think I'll rework it.

Workout split/routine - I'm currently on a three day split. What do you recommend for this? I'm doing MON - Chest/Tris/Abs, WED - Legs, Shoulders, Abs and FRI - Back, Biceps, Abs.

I'm going to stick with it! Hopefully this the veterans of this board will be able to help me out with supplement advice (for both phases), diet and workout advice, too. Oh to be a noob.......

Thanks in advance.

3rd

cdog is offline Associate Member
    It looks like your diet is in order .Make sure on cals that you are at least a 1000 cal above your maintance levels .This stuff takes time brother Rome wasent built in a day and your body wont be any different .Being new is great it is at his time that you will be makeing the best gains of your life so thats something to be stoked about . Check your weight once every week or two and see how it goes ...Get your body fat tested so you know better as to whats going on ..If after a month or so things are going good then continue your program .If after this month goes by and your not happy with the way things are going change them around ...Keep track of what your doing in and out of the gym with traing and food .Most times than not if your routine is in order and your not making the gains its most likely due to the diet .What you eat is just as important as to how you train if not more ..Good Luck.........CDOG

Thanks cdog. I'll keep all that in mind. I recently had my bf tested (been about a month ago , though). It was 12.5%. Not too bad I guess, but still a far cry from the "ideal" 10 - I would like.

Thanks again man.

3rd

deo
    deo is offline New Member
    In response to your supplement question, I would suggest maybe adding some creatine to your regimen. I'd also work out more than 3 times a week if you can. Abs are largely due to genetics, some people have them some dont... but a ****load of ab exercises won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by deo
    In response to your supplement question, I would suggest maybe adding some creatine to your regimen. I'd also work out more than 3 times a week if you can. Abs are largely due to genetics, some people have them some dont... but a ****load of ab exercises won't hurt.
    ^^ I am still working with the creatine. I'm not sure but I think the results I'm experiencing with it aren't great. I'll finish using up the huge jug of the stuff I have though. Yeah, abs are genetic mainly and come through with diet. Once I'm done bulking (if I ever get up to 180... lol) then I'll cut to 10% and see what's visible then.

I wish I could work out more than 3x per week. I might can squeeze an extra day out, but honestly my schedule is jammed. I wish I was an idle-rich guy then I could spend all day at it

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Bro keep it up. Looks good so far, diet is huge. No doubt about it, I wish I would have realized earlier.

Thread Information