sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member

No chest results

I am taking sus - 250. Everything is getting bigger. However, my chest isn't forming in the medial portion and lower posterior portion of the pecs.

Chest w/o = mix up between dumbell press one day and then regular bench the next (on chest day). then a bit of incline and then cables. Occasionally I'll do the decline.

Should I focus more on the decline and less on the regular and incline to build the lower pecs??

I do 3 sets of 8 reps of high weight also.....

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    physiologically, decline and flat work the pecs the exact same way, i have the same problem, it's genetics, it's how we are built, i've noticed that if i incoporate close grip bench into my triceps routine, it develops the inner lower pecs nicely

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Are you doing any flat bench dumbell flies? These help alot on the inner pec. Keep your arms spread when doing them.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Try close grip bench, itll hit your triceps well too. Then try decline dumbells and decine press.

rococo is offline Associate Member
    by lower posterior I'm assuming you mean the lower outer portion near the serratus. I really enjoy doing cables for that but with a bit of a twist. Using the high cables, drop your weight by about half of what you would use assuming you do your normal flyes directly out in front of you. Now keeping your elbows always slightly bent about 10 degrees, bring your hands together at the level of your belly button, or just a bit lower. Pinkies at the innermost portion so they just about touch. You'll find that your upper torso has to be almost upright to pull this off. At the beginning of the motion, I also try to keep my elbows higher than the cable grips. I usually do cable flyes at around 80 to 100 lbs, I end up doing these from 40 to 60 lbs. Worth a try at least, works for me.

rococo is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, they don't work for everyone... If I do'em after my free weights as I described it, I really feel a fuller pump on the outside lower portion of the pec...

Thread Information