hulk316 is offline New Member

Mass and Cardio?

Hey bros I'm presently on a mass-building workout. What are your thoughts on cardio? Should I continue with 5 days a week (in the morning) or cut it down? Any ideas?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk316
    Hey bros I'm presently on a mass-building workout. What are your thoughts on cardio? Should I continue with 5 days a week (in the morning) or cut it down? Any ideas?
    IMO you should cut it down in some way. I definitely believe in the benefits of keeping your cardiovascular endurance up, so I wouldn't cut it out completely. But consider cutting it down a little bit. Also, how long of a session are you doing?

Basically, if you want to gain mass, you don't want to burn too much off. Too much cardio can (doesn't mean it always is) be counterproductive.

Thanks cB! I think I'll cut it down to maybe a couple times a week for now

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I think you may also take into account your body type. You can still do cardio and gain mass but maybe limit it too just around 3 times a week if you love cardio that much.

Actually caturpilar, I really can't stand doing that much cardio. I was cutting over the summer and went down to about 12% from 23% BF so I stuck with it. Only problem was I lost some good size as well. So I slowed it down to about 2 or 3 times per week. Now, I do only about 40 to 60 minutes per week. My problem is I tend to gain muscle and BF rather easily.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    You could also just lower the intensity. If bulking I MUST keep up the cardio to ward off fat gain/bloat.

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    You could also just lower the intensity. If bulking I MUST keep up the cardio to ward off fat gain/bloat.
    I currently am on a bulking cycle. I walk before every workout with no incline now. When I begin to cut weight Ill increase the incline and speed, to burn more calories.

Question

Bros ur right. I guess I shouldn't neglect cardio all together. I'll keep it to about 2 or 3 times/week. One question though, can I do cardio on my off days instead of my workout days?

Thread Information