KingJames23 is offline Associate Member

How many times a week do you guys work a certain boddy part??

I am working my chest/tris usually 2-3 times a week as well as my shoulders and my biceps...
    I am seeing most people dont work a certain muscle part a lot(once a week)... Is there any benefit to this?? It feels like if im not working the muscle a good 3 times a week that im losing stregnth... Is it better to rest more or to workout the bodypart with rest?

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Yes bro you are on the right track ...I train each body part 3times a week ...One of the reason this works as well as it does for size is because you may not be strong enough at this time to damage the muscle to the point of a week recovery .Back in the day all the Bodybuilders trained the whole body two -three times a week example Mike Mentzer ,Aronold ,Steve Reves ,Bill Pearl ect,ect ..It was normal to hit your whole body three times a week and this is how they all put on mass ..One trick to all this is to not go to failure but short of it .By this you can do way more volume which will take care of the size and strength ..Example you could due a work out like this three times a week and not overtrain and see size and strength gains ....

Back Incline BB Bench superseted with Front pull downs 5 sets 12,10,10,10,10

Shoulder BB press superseted with Incline Hammer curls 5 sets 12,10,10,10,10

Hack squat superseted with dips 5 sets 12,10,10,10,10

By superseteding sets you can get in alot of work fast ...Notice That I did not put supersets like chest shoulders together ???That because if you were to superset the shoulder with the chest it would effect the bench and same goes for back and bis ect.
    There are all kinds of splits a ways of doing things .The above work out would put someone into overtraing if they went to failure but the point of this all is not to go to failure because the volume alone will take care of everything .You wont need to worry about did I go to true failure or not .Just do the volume and the rest will fall in place ...Good luck brother CDOG
    Last edited by cdog; 12-08-2003 at 05:47 PM.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Cdog.... Are you saying to use weights where your 1 rep from failure or to use weights where you can only get that amount?? example of only getting 10 reps compared to stopping at 10 when you could have got 12..?? thanks!

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Yeah use weight that you could get 12 at total failure and stop at 10 ......I truly beleive that this will work great for you mon ,wed and fri ...Try it for awhile if it works for then stay to it !CDOG

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post. I agree with Cdog. Im not too fond of the train to failure. Good way to **** up your muscles in the long run.
    I also try to seperate "same movement" exercises.
    For example. During bench, I will not go and do military right after. I usually do that the next night with back.
    I also try not to do biceps on the same night as pull ups or lats since it also works the biceps.
    I also try to seperate my incline from flat bench.

So basically, Day one: Flat bench-Upright rows-lat raises
    Day two, Incline-bies tries etc.
    Day three, Military-lats(pull ups front behind) rows
    Day four. Legs. throw in exercises I might have missed.from prev' days.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i follow doggscrapps trainings phylosophy for 2 week now.
    its look like that:
    1 day on, 1 day off

training 1
    bis
    forearms
    calves
    quads
    hams

training 2
    chest
    shoulders
    tris
    back

3 differents exercise for each bodypart, 1 ex. each training day,... bla bla bla too lazy to explain, heres the link doggscrapps training

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Thats sounds Good to me bro.. I switch up every other week.

tom_macca147 is offline New Member
    training twicew a week is the best way to do so. One a week allows the muscles to recover and the they become un targeted for a couple of days, hit them as soon as they have recovered. This is the best way to gain mass.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    never more than once a week
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Depends on how advanced you are - how heavy of loads you can use, training intensity, how well your body can recover and how often you can handle it mentally...

Someone going under a flat bench for 5 sets of 135 pounds doing 10 reps with 60 second rest intervals could recover faster than someone performing 5 sets of 405 pounds doing 10 reps with 60 second rest intervals. The real bottomline on training frequency, your muscles grow but your internal organs, CNS, and so forth - remain the same...

A beginner could work a bodypart more often (and should) with steady progression than an advanced trainee could... due to the significantly less overall trauma to the body...
    Last edited by Warrior; 03-01-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Thread Information