Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

artica's sheiko program template

Sunday
    Squats (Geared)
    Close Grip Benches (accomodating resistance)
    Raw Squats

Tuesday
    Deadlifts
    Light Benches (pyramid Style, 1-2-3 board if needed)
    Band Deadlifts

Thursday
    Shirted Benches
    Squats (accomodating resistance)
    4-5 Board Presses

Friday
    Rack Lockouts
    Lat Pulls Vertical
    Dips
    Lat Pulls Horizontal
    Platform Pulls
    BB Curls

artica is offline Junior Member
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Sunday is my day to focus on my main priority, leading up to my next meet sunday will become my main bench day so basically I will alternate thursday with sunday.

For sets/reps/percentages I use wave loading as explained in "Program and Organization of Training" by Verkhoshansky. I use volume sequence also via Boris Sheiko and A.S. Medvedyev and for reps and sets the mighty good ol' Prilepins table.

Basically, without having to spend countless hours and days reading those books the breakdown of it all is"
    Week 1
    Medium Volume
    Low Percentage (80%)
    Use prilepins table to figure out your sets and reps

Week 2
    Low Volume
    Low Percentage (80%)

Week 3
    High Volume
    High Percentage (90%)

Week 4
    Medium Volume
    Medium Percentage (85%)

Week 5
    Testing week or Week off ***ending on how close or far away from meet

Those are the principles used for main the lift, accessory lifts or secondary lifts vary ***ending on weaknesses and necessity. If your work capacity is down then opt for higher reps lower sets if your power level is low then obviously lower reps higher sets higher percentages etc....
    You really need to make this high priority though and do not over work yourself in accesory lifts. A good example is:
    work capacity: 4 sets x 3 reps @ 75%
    Power Sequence: 4 sets x 1-2 reps @ 90%

all my accesory work is always done raw and geared towards weaknesses. So if my bench is weak off the chest then 1-2 board or floor presses, if my squat lockout sucks then I use 50% weight and 50% accomodating resistance, if my deadlift sucks at lockout then rack pulls or banded pulls dominate.

Well, hope that helps out any of you interested in this. I will say that not everything is for everyone, and just because it works for me does not mean it'll work for you. The volume in a system like this is very high so if this is something you do plan to undertake please start of slowly and make sure it's far from a meet to allow your work capacity to adapt and "catch up."

Good luck.

PRILEPIN'S TABLE

Percent # of Reps per Set Lifts Per Workout Optimal # per Workout
    60-75% 3-6 12-24 18
    80% 2-4 10-20 15
    90% 1-2 4-10 7

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/prilepins_chart.htm

thank you aritca for all the details

Mr_Atlas is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artica View Post
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Basically, without having to spend countless hours and days reading those books the breakdown of it all is"
    Week 1
    Medium Volume
    Low Percentage (80%)
    Use prilepins table to figure out your sets and reps

Week 2
    Low Volume
    Low Percentage (80%)

Week 3
    High Volume
    High Percentage (90%)

Week 4
    Medium Volume
    Medium Percentage (85%)

Week 5
    Testing week or Week off ***ending on how close or far away from meet

Those are the principles used for main the lift, accessory lifts or secondary lifts vary ***ending on weaknesses and necessity. If your work capacity is down then opt for higher reps lower sets if your power level is low then obviously lower reps higher sets higher percentages etc....
    You really need to make this high priority though and do not over work yourself in accesory lifts. A good example is:
    work capacity: 4 sets x 3 reps @ 75%
    Power Sequence: 4 sets x 1-2 reps @ 90%

all my accesory work is always done raw and geared towards weaknesses. So if my bench is weak off the chest then 1-2 board or floor presses, if my squat lockout sucks then I use 50% weight and 50% accomodating resistance, if my deadlift sucks at lockout then rack pulls or banded pulls dominate.

Well, hope that helps out any of you interested in this. I will say that not everything is for everyone, and just because it works for me does not mean it'll work for you. The volume in a system like this is very high so if this is something you do plan to undertake please start of slowly and make sure it's far from a meet to allow your work capacity to adapt and "catch up."

Good luck.
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to ask you what constitues as "medium volume" or high and low volume for that matter?

Thread Information