Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kibble

Thread: Blurred vision headache??? wtf

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member

Blurred vision headache??? wtf

So I am in my kitchen cookin up some chicken and rice. All of a sudden, everything gets blurry. I cannot make out a face or anything, and I cannot read anything. Then my right eye feels like it is getting crushed. A few minutes later I get a pounding headache on the right side of my head. When I turn my head, cough, blow my nose etc., it hurts so bad. I started to feel like I was going to puke. The whole right side of my brain is hurting, and so is my eye. It is hard to write this because it is hard to focus in on the keys. This has been going on for almost 3 hours now.

It usually happens to me about 3-5 times a year, then it is sometimes followed by ,me puking. This time I didn't vomit.

Does this ever happen to any of you here? I am debating if I should leave work and go to the ER or not
    christyloe likes this.

T_Dubp is offline Junior Member
    Hasn't happened to me but that doesn't sound too good. If I were you I would go have that checked out to be on the safe side.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    maybe your dying? nah im joking. get it checked out

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like someone needs a hug....

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    penis hug?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    **** that bro..... I'd get to the doc asap..... If it is something bad - it's always better to catch the shit early.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^+ 2

You prob have blood pressure issues.

Do you take aspirin when you cycle?

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Have you even been to the doc's yet? You MUST go!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    mate go to the docs ASAP....shit doesnt sound good at all..

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro, you dont give a whole lot of details but sounds like a headache...either cluster or more likely migraine. Do you have a bunch of them for a couple of weeks and then they are gone for many months, then come back again? If so prob cluster cause they are common in males. You might have a runny nose, watering eyes, and it'll always be on the same side around your eye. If not like the above then might be a migraine. Take a couple of ibuprofen or couple of aleve (naproxen Na) and see what that does to the headache if you are still having the headache. Or next time you have another attack try taking the meds and see what happens. G'luck
    Oh, and look up cluster HA's and migraine HA's online and you'll see what i'm talkin bout
    Last edited by Equiguns; 01-06-2010 at 09:40 AM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't even be asking us in the lounge, I'd go to the doc asap, bro.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    no one on here can e-diagnose your problem.

get off the interweb, and get to a hospital.

you could be having a series of small strokes, or it's possible you have blockages and you're getting restricted flow of blood to the brain.

as much as this is all for vanity, your health is more important. it wont matter how jacked you are, when you're dead.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^ agreed.

side note: why the hell do people look for advice on issues like this. it sounds like ur head is going to explode. get to doc/e.r asap brother...

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Get to the doctor BK that dont sound good

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    it wont matter how jacked you are, when you're dead.
    How big you are will directly affect the size of your casket.....

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    See the doc ASAP

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a Migraine, Go see the doctor to make sure you dont have a serious condition!!!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Alright thanks guys. I ended up going to the doctor last night. I was in the ER for a long time. I left immediately after I made this thread. They scheduled me for an MRI in a few days. They said that at the worst there may be growth... but at the best it will be migraines. They happen about 2-4 times a year. He gave me some crazy pills, but I do not want to take anything yet. Blood pressure was 132/80. They ran about 15 tests on my left side of my body for coordination, and I checked out fine, so my brain should be ok. However, my vision in my right eye is degrading. I was 20/20, and now I am 20/10. or 20/5. I can't remember

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    My father had migraines when I was growing up. When I came home from school and saw that one of his eyes was swelled shut, I knew to stay away. He saw numerous DR's for years and never got any real relief. After he retired, he never had them again. Gotta be stress related....at least in his case.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    Alright thanks guys. I ended up going to the doctor last night. I was in the ER for a long time. I left immediately after I made this thread. They scheduled me for an MRI in a few days. They said that at the worst there may be growth... but at the best it will be migraines. They happen about 2-4 times a year. He gave me some crazy pills, but I do not want to take anything yet. Blood pressure was 132/80. They ran about 15 tests on my left side of my body for coordination, and I checked out fine, so my brain should be ok. However, my vision in my right eye is degrading. I was 20/20, and now I am 20/10. or 20/5. I can't remember
    hey man good for you......getting checked out is the best thing youve done.....i hope everything is good mate...keep us informed!

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    DSM, the man needs a doc not a hug!
    again I say...only you

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    Bro, I suffer from migraines. I get them about 4-5 times a year. I know exactly when they are going to happen. The fingers on my left hand start tingling and it slowly works it's way up. When the tingling gets to my elbow, I starting having auras, lights flashing, everything has a kind of halo around it, and things get blurry. At that point, I know I have 15 minutes to get to a dark, quiet room. Usually, after about 2 hours I will fall asleep, sometimes puke. I also sometimes sleepwalk and lose my memory of the incident. My wife came home from work one day and found me laying on the kitchen floor, naked, except for my work boots and a doo-rag.

Hope everything turns out for you.

i used to get INSANE headaches....

had my eyes checked - i have astigmatism....

my headaches were caused by my eyes constantly straining to focus because my vision sucked...

once i got glasses for reading/night driving - gone.

hopefully it's as simple as that

Hate Being Small is offline Associate Member
    Definetly a migraine

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    wishing u nothing but the best brother...

keep us updated when you get the mri results...

Quote Originally Posted by CMonkey View Post
    Bro, I suffer from migraines. I get them about 4-5 times a year. I know exactly when they are going to happen. The fingers on my left hand start tingling and it slowly works it's way up. When the tingling gets to my elbow, I starting having auras, lights flashing, everything has a kind of halo around it, and things get blurry. At that point, I know I have 15 minutes to get to a dark, quiet room. Usually, after about 2 hours I will fall asleep, sometimes puke. I also sometimes sleepwalk and lose my memory of the incident. My wife came home from work one day and found me laying on the kitchen floor, naked, except for my work boots and a doo-rag.

Hope everything turns out for you.
    Yep. Bro- that's exactly how it happens. It has been happening to me since I was 12. This time it was worse than ever. It is 2 days later and it still has not gone away. I have not gotten an appointment for the MRI yet. I am just waiting for the provider. I just hope that it is not a tumor....

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    wishing u nothing but the best brother...

keep us updated when you get the mri results...

Thanks bro- thanks everybody. I get no support from work. They kept calling my phone when I was in the hospital. I have been working my ass off for trivial shit.

You know- I thought that migraines were just an excuse that girls in menopause used. But if they go through this all the time, I feel bad for them. It is definately shitty. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep forever. I will let you all know what happens after the MRI. It is hard to read the computer so I won't be typing too much. That is good anyway lol. It will stop pissing off some of the people here.

Thanks again for the support

I was 20/20, and now I am 20/10. or 20/5. I can't remember
    If that was what you were measured at then your vision got better..... unless you meant 20/30.....

The vision in my right eye was better than "perfect" back when i was in highschool..... they put me down as 20/15

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by CMonkey View Post
    My wife came home from work one day and found me laying on the kitchen floor, naked, except for my work boots and a doo-rag.
    LMFAO!

Thats one funny image.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

I am not good with the vision numbers. I jsut know that my vision is degrading. My right eye is bad, and it is bringing my left eye down. My right eye throws off my vision. When I close my right eye I can see great. I probally need glasses, but I am trying to avoid them. It sucks because I am right handed- left eyed dominant. It makes accuracy with a rifle difficult. So basically I have to use my only good eye for shooting. Then the carbon vapor gets in my eye and burns... so soon I will have 2 shitty eyes lol

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I am not good with the vision numbers. I jsut know that my vision is degrading. My right eye is bad, and it is bringing my left eye down. My right eye throws off my vision. When I close my right eye I can see great. I probally need glasses, but I am trying to avoid them. It sucks because I am right handed- left eyed dominant. It makes accuracy with a rifle difficult. So basically I have to use my only good eye for shooting. Then the carbon vapor gets in my eye and burns... so soon I will have 2 shitty eyes lol
    What you described sounds like an Ophthalmic Migraine. They usually present with a pronounced visual disturbance, followed by an intense headache 5-30 minutes later. I am confident that your MRI will show nothing of any significance. You have complained of deteriorating vision in one eye which is not unusual as you get older. My personal opinion is that your deteriorating vision precipitated the symptoms of your migraines. The extra strain on your eyes from being focused differently is causing your migraines, and you are getting them so severe that they're presenting as ophthalmic migraines. Of course better to play it safe and get the MRI without a doubt. But it sounds like you just need glasses. One of the best medications for migraine is Imitrex(Sumatriptan Succinate) which comes in 25mg and 50mg blister packs of 9, so ask your doctor about it because it is far superior to acetaminophen or any NSAIDs (which are highly liver toxic IMO). Good luck bro hope you feel better...

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    Yep. Bro- that's exactly how it happens. It has been happening to me since I was 12. This time it was worse than ever. It is 2 days later and it still has not gone away. I have not gotten an appointment for the MRI yet. I am just waiting for the provider. I just hope that it is not a tumor....
    I have had them since I have been about 6. Went through piles of tests, docs could never find the cause. I have logged, everything that I have eaten, anything that I have done during the day or night, trying to find the trigger, but have never been able to pinpoint anything. It is really frustrating, having plans to do something, then the tingling starts, and you have to cancel all your plans.

Good Luck

Right now they have me on 325mg of MIDRIN. It is supposed to keep the pain away until I get my MRI. It is 4 days later, and I think the pain is finally gone. It was bad for a few days. And yeah, from you all, it sounds like migraines. I really hope that it is a migraine and nothing else. Thanks for the feedback guys. I got a ton of intelligent responses here

get your eyes taken care of.

yes, glasses suck..... but - it could be a contributing factor.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good to hear Big .... good luck with the tests!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I use midrin and have used it over the last 15 years. I started on Cafergot, tried Beta Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers and Imitrex Injectables too. I've been having visual migraines for 22 years and after analyzing all aspects of my life I found my migraines were caused by certain types of foods, check out the food trigger list for migraines. I started to eliminate different foods and eventually after many years found the culprits to be: Sodium Benzoate, Most soy products, except lecithin, some foods I can have but at limited quantities before a headace will trigger. It's all trial and error to see what works good for your type of unique headaches. Do you live or work around flourescent lights? , the flicker of the bulbs can trigger too. A low refresh rate on your monitor could also trigger one as well.......

Right now they have me on 325mg of MIDRIN. It is supposed to keep the pain away until I get my MRI. It is 4 days later, and I think the pain is finally gone. It was bad for a few days. And yeah, from you all, it sounds like migraines. I really hope that it is a migraine and nothing else. Thanks for the feedback guys. I got a ton of intelligent responses here

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    The right type of "glasses" can actually be beneficial to migraine sufferers. Light sensitivity during a migraine is extremely exagerated. I wear a lens I've come up with as an optician that filters the out the harshness of the flouescent light making them bearable before during and after a migraine. So my glasses don't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    get your eyes taken care of.

yes, glasses suck..... but - it could be a contributing factor.

I was cooking chicken in olive oil and honey. Also, I was making yellow saffron rice and steamed carrots. Thw only new ingredient was the olive oil. Maybe I will stop using it. Thanks

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Tuna fish is also a huge trigger for a majority of migraine sufferers. Unfortunate if you are a bodybuilder.

Art Vandelay is offline Associate Member
    I was cooking chicken in olive oil and honey. Also, I was making yellow saffron rice and steamed carrots. Thw only new ingredient was the olive oil. Maybe I will stop using it. Thanks
    Huh, yeah def an MRI was needed. Let us know what they find bro.

Thread Information