Rockin Z28 is offline Associate Member

What causes superior genetics? myostatin?

im not trying to whine because everyone gets dealt the cards they have..but i have a friend that i know does not juice, literally eats terrible, smokes like a chimney and drinks every night..(ive seen him eat two 7-11 chocolate eclairs and a cigarette before a workout, and frequently takes smoke breaks mid workout) and hes ridiculously jacked..not like IFBB pro but veiny and hard and about 220 pounds at 5'10 ish..he tells me if he doesnt eat fast food at least 4-5 times a week he starts to feel weird (and ive seen him in action)..he never does cardio and i have to wonder what sets these kids of people apart..i can diet very strict and try to lift as intense as i can and juice and still never look like him..i know its genetics but what part of the genetics? is it testosterone levels ? myostatin? thyroid?

n00bs is offline Member
    Its genes... Not necissarily hormone levels.

Testosterone attatches to a receptor then activates genes. Some people have better genes then others (dna infomation). All the hormones in the world cant compensate for this.

Someone with good genes i.e flex wheeler and add gear to express those genes = him.

Some sick fat baastard takes juice and does all flex did and doesnt see the results because his DNA is not the same.

Your genes are influenced from all your ancestors, so if some of them were exposed to toxins DDT DDE mercury sickness viruses ect all causes problems for people down the evolutionary line.

You say he can abuse his body but i guarentee in a few generations his seeds will see the problems he is sewing.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Everyone has one of those friends. Just keep doing you and let him do him. Dwelling on it will get you nowhere and you can't change your genetics..... Yet.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Gay sex

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Everyone has one of those friends. Just keep doing you and let him do him. Dwelling on it will get you nowhere and you can't change your genetics..... Yet.
    Sad but true.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Should have picked your Mom and Dad better Rockin...LOL
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Should have picked your Mom and Dad better Rockin...LOL
    hahhaha quote of the day

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I feel ya.

Blog Entries
    The Boz joins the thread.. now its a party

I had a friend like you describe rockin z28. Yeah a couple times I wanted to strangle him.. not that I could because his superior genetics would win out. But whatever. I was younger / stupider then. Eventually I got to where I had my mind like what Stack it said. "Keep doing you". The world meets no one halfway. If you want it you got to take it.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    My semen.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah it sucks but eventually it will catch up to him more than likely. I use to have friends who just looked great genetically, up until they where close to 40. I always had desent genetics and it took years of bean lazy, injured, eating bad to really get out of shape.

Now that I changed my life around and they are doing the same as before I have matured much more gracefully (lol) and look MUCH better than I did even 10 years ago while they are slowly slipping further and further away.

Patience grasshopper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah it sucks but eventually it will catch up to him more than likely. I use to have friends who just looked great genetically, up until they where close to 40. I always had desent genetics and it took years of bean lazy, injured, eating bad to really get out of shape.

Now that I changed my life around and they are doing the same as before I have matured much more gracefully (lol) and look MUCH better than I did even 10 years ago while they are slowly slipping further and further away.

Patience grasshopper.
    Yeah what lovbytes said. The 21 year old girls that thought i was ugly in college are now being receptive

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Yeah what lovbytes said. The 21 year old girls that thought i was ugly in college are now being receptive
    Yeah but what even nice is the girls that snubbed me in high school now I go out with their daughters.
    OK but I have gone out with a lot of girls close to their daughters age. No need to stick to the older ones.

As they say, the thing I like about High school girls/college girls is I may get older but they stay the same age... LOL

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    23g needles and a whole pile of test.

i make my own genetics.

Thread Information