Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Last edited by Shol'va; 12-15-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Defective Post

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    I wonder how many of us could be diagnosed with body dismorphia (or whatever that is)... Interesting how prevalent it is with women in the fitness industry (or at least the ones I've met.)

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I dont care what anyone says, but at some point in their lives they are a little unhappy or conscious about their bodies. Half he people, guys or girls, who wear tight clothes and flaunt their bodies are doing it for the comments and stares because they need it to fight the insecurities going on in their head about their own body.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33 View Post
    Who gives a fvck what people think ?

Take your shirt off with pride.
    I'm working on gettin there brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldstarrynite View Post
    I maybe a female but I feel ya. I was a 100lbs overweight and still have problems showing my new body. I still do cardio in a hoodie and weights in a big tee. It totally doesn't help being a female and hearing jealous comments from other females like......your too skinny, or your obsessed. It actually prevents me from being "one of the girls" I've turned into "one of the boys"
    Cold, I hear ya. I have alot of girl friends and I know how vicious girls can be. They're worse then guys any day of the week with all the jealousy shit. I would love to see a post from you soon telling us that you took that step and worked out in a tank or something. DO IT! I said I feel embarrassed sometimes - but it hasn't stopped me either. Fuk em! Show off your accomplishment, 100lbs and still getting better? You should be DAMN proud!!

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    start ****ing whores....u will be out of this complex in no time
    ^^^ This would solve MANY problems!

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    I got laid more when I was fat than here lately when I've dropped almost 100 pounds... I liked that fat fugger dammit.
    lol, what do you make of that bro?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    nope. I'm not as lean as i would like now. So im not out whipping my shirt off. But otherwise i dont care. Hell when i used to go to clubs i would take my shirt off.
    LMAO - NOW the GTL thing makes complete sense for you! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    I'm the same way.

Hell... I don't even take my shirt off at the beach.
    Nark - just insane! I don't think i'd have this issue if I had your body!

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I'm like this in a way. I'm not embarrassed to take my shirt off at all but I feel like when I do I constantly being judged and critiqued by tge people around me. I'm only 185lbsand by no means huge. I'm lean but not ripped. I feel like people try to find all the flaws on me to make themselves feel better about there body. I don't let it stop mr from being me tho. I just tell myself I'm retarded and go about my business.

Only comment that gets me is the steroid comment. I play flag football and last week I burnt this guy down field and caught a td pass. Then instead of being a good sport I see him look at his buddy and say "that's what steroids do."
    I ran up to him and looked down at his stomach and said "you sure it ain't all those big macs and sodas that got ya beat." he just kinda looked at me like he couldn't believe I heard him lol.
    BOLD is probably the best description yet of what I mean... exactly bro, you feel like everybody is judging you, just sizing you up.

lol LOVE the 2nd paragraph!

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantCarbs View Post
    Shoot, I still wont even post pics here with my shirt off...
    I hope you will soon bro. This is one place we are ALL safe. Nobody here is going to judge you in any way other then constructively. You MOST DEFINITELY won't have to worry about anybody making fun of you. They'd be dealt with swiftly, that crap isn't tolerated on these boards. Remember, nobody knows your face, you can stay anonymous and get honest critique on your body - it helped me a great deal, and I didn't want to post my first pics in the WORST way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Same here Brewster. My nickname at work is "Captain Muscles" and to be honest I do not see it. Everyone tells me I'm a big guy and I feel I could be bigger. I was always the skinny kid in high school who could not make the football team and got picked on. Now at 39 I am the guy everyone turns to for fitness advice and get compliments on my physique. I have a beautiful girlfriend who loves me for me and tells me I am hot and sexy. She also says what makes me more so is the fact I do not view myself that way and I only feel sexy around here.
    Yet still when I look in the mirror I sometimes see that skinny kid from high school.
    I hate when people comment on my physique (i'm nothing special to look at obviously, but again, these are people who knew me at 255lbs and 35% bodyfat) - I get embarrassed. When people talk to me about fitness in front of my friends, I clam up and get alot of anxiety. I should be PROUD, but I haven't found it yet man.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Does my fat gut make me look fat?
    No, but your face does! Sorry bro, had to throw in the Tommy Boy line! =)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorDwanye View Post
    Yies; clothes are the way to go for me as well. I don't foresee myself ever being quite comfortable without them.
    I hope we can both get over this bro. When i'm on the beach, I still feel like a 250lb slob that everybody MUST be staring at. I know it's irrational, and I know nobody knows me or gives a shit, but I can't help it - I feel like i'm an alien on a beach full of humans.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I cant stand looking at myself, I am so self conscience. Even when I am at my physical peak, I dont feel comfortable with my shirt off.
    MS, were you overweight at any point in your life?

Thanks for all the replies guys, keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    I wonder how many of us could be diagnosed with body dismorphia (or whatever that is)... Interesting how prevalent it is with women in the fitness industry (or at least the ones I've met.)
    People tell me I have this, especially my wife. They don't get it. I say i'm fat... because I can pull a bunch of meat around my stomach. The fatso's in my gym say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    I dont care what anyone says, but at some point in their lives they are a little unhappy or conscious about their bodies. Half he people, guys or girls, who wear tight clothes and flaunt their bodies are doing it for the comments and stares because they need it to fight the insecurities going on in their head about their own body.
    OMG so true, all of this!!!

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could not care less.

It's my world, what others think has no bearing on me.

Calm your mind and transcend that thought prosess, you will get more from life.

bruary17 is offline Member
    I think all of us at one point was alittle uneasy with ourselves...thats why we do what we do. finding comfort and confidence in your body is a huge relief off of ones shoulders..although I carry a little extra weight around this time of year...im always proud to display my body on the beach.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i definitely have my problems when it comes to this. many many things im not going to get into details

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have had body image problems my entire life. I have been both muscular AND anorexic (literally)...and not happy at either extreme, or anywhere in the middle. I think I have found some balance now. I am getting back to the gym after taking years off because of a back injury and I am going to be happy with what I get. Luckily I have held onto some muscle, so I am not starting from scratch.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    So pretty much... 95% of people on this forum are mentally damaged

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    right now i am it looks orange in my avy

Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    LMAO great observation!

Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    right now i am it looks orange in my avy
    wtf dude, u look like an oompa loompa on gear! jk of course =)

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    LMAO great observation!

wtf dude, u look like an oompa loompa on gear! jk of course =)
    lol id be a big oompa loompa im 6 foot 3 or 4

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    i think thats a low estimate

desizon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i think thats a low estimate
    I gathered this too. of course, I fit into it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate, I'm 49. Now I may not be ripped like some of you pups here, but for my age, I'm 98% better than most, and the women notice, especially when I ride down the boulavard on my harley and leather vest and no shirt. not a bad feeling. I went to a bar earlier this summer, and some drunk chic was fondling my arm, than made a play by tweaking my nipple. how's that for an old fart like me?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Mate, I'm 49. Now I may not be ripped like some of you pups here, but for my age, I'm 98% better than most, and the women notice, especially when I ride down the boulavard on my harley and leather vest and no shirt. not a bad feeling. I went to a bar earlier this summer, and some drunk chic was fondling my arm, than made a play by tweaking my nipple. how's that for an old fart like me?
    you make me proud TR brings a to my eye

biggerisbetter1827 is offline Junior Member
    Ya I totally know what your feeling. Over the summer I cut down really nice was getting super ripped and vascular, it was the skinnest I have ever been, but I hated it I felt so small even tho people were saying I looked great but I just didn't see it. Now I'm bulking back up and getting the size back but I still hate it cause the definition is disappearing!! Its like a love hate relationship one day I love my body and the next I'm just so disgusted. Course the motivates me to keep pushing more wieght and perfecting my diet more and more.

Maybe one day I'll be big enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by biggerisbetter1827 View Post
    Ya I totally know what your feeling. Over the summer I cut down really nice was getting super ripped and vascular, it was the skinnest I have ever been, but I hated it I felt so small even tho people were saying I looked great but I just didn't see it. Now I'm bulking back up and getting the size back but I still hate it cause the definition is disappearing!! Its like a love hate relationship one day I love my body and the next I'm just so disgusted. Course the motivates me to keep pushing more wieght and perfecting my diet more and more.

well like they say, bigger is better

biggerisbetter1827 is offline Junior Member
    LOL in more ways than one....

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    well like they say, bigger is better
    I say that all the time.........

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    This is like asking a cancer patient forum if they've ever felt sick before...

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Hahahaha love the comparison

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    MS, were you overweight at any point in your life?

Thanks for all the replies guys, keep em coming.
    Just the opposite, I was rail thin and got picked on a lot growing up. I was tough but extremely thin fighting back was difficult being so underweight. What made it most difficult for me is that all the males in my family were massive farm boys. Getting picked on by kids at school was one thing. Getting poked fun at by all my family was entirely different.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    No lol but girls here are less up for 3somes as they might be in other countries, most of them are old fashioned lol
    What about a couple of priests then?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Man, I'm retired now... but even when I was competing, I never took my shirt off in public. LOL

My friends always used to give me shit about it too, seeing that I stand onstage in front hundreds of screaming ppl.

But, onstage, you can't see shit LOL. It's like the phantom zone.

So, it never bothered me.

But, one-on-one, with people around, my mind goes a million miles per minute.
    I think nark has the same thing as me...

Its not that ur embarases about ur body. More that ur embarased about ppl looking at you, thinking you look good and then asuming ur a show off

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Never thought of myself as having a mental disorder but maybe I do. When someone tells me I'm muscular I always reply that I am not. I still just don't see it and view myself as being normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    God bless you brotha! What do you ride? I'm working on getting my Fat Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by biggerisbetter1827 View Post

I go through this shit constantly. Forget day to day.... I can go from one mirror to the other and go through that, lol! It's seriously a sickness!

LMAO, love this Twist! I guess I was expecting these replies and needed the confirmation so I didn't feel alone. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Just the opposite, I was rail thin and got picked on a lot growing up. I was tough but extremely thin fighting back was difficult being so underweight. What made it most difficult for me is that all the males in my family were massive farm boys. Getting picked on by kids at school was one thing. Getting poked fun at by all my family was entirely different.
    Wow, that sucks bro, I feel for you. But hey, you're showing them all now, right? I bet nobody would fvck with you these days.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I think nark has the same thing as me...

Its not that ur embarases about ur body. More that ur embarased about ppl looking at you, thinking you look good and then asuming ur a show off
    THIS ^^^ is EXACTLY what I was talking about in my original post. Worrying about people thinking YOU THINK you're a badass because you have a decent body. Like a hot woman in Afghanistan or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Never thought of myself as having a mental disorder but maybe I do. When someone tells me I'm muscular I always reply that I am not. I still just don't see it and view myself as being normal.
    I do this all the time too. Whenever somebody compliments me, my IMMEDIATE reaction is to insult myself, and it's because I get uptight about it. I would love to be able to say "thank you, I work really hard!" - problem is in the back of my head, I get the idea that they really DON'T think I look good, and if I agree with their compliment, they'll secretly think i'm delusional about myself. Yea, i'm fvcked up for sure. Being a fat ass for 15 years will destroy your confidence.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    I think its a big case of us not being able to see that we're in better shape than a lot of guys out there!! almost as if we dont want to believe it, which can sometimes be a good thing because you dont let it slip and think you have already made it

We come on here and are constantly surrounded by guys with similar goals and all love to do what we do. So when we get help with logs, diets, workouts etc, we are shown things we need to work on. i think we might bring that into real life, and then are feeling like normal people know where we need to work on etc, when all they are probably thinking is this guy is pretty big

That maybe just a bad rant but my .02

bruary17 is offline Member
    ^^ nail on the head.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    my shirt is never on

either are my pants

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you make me proud TR brings a to my eye
    as you get older, sh1t like that happens less and less....

.....until you get to my age and then just start making shit up!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    i definitely have my problems when it comes to this. many many things im not going to get into details
    u do relaize they are taking abt taking the shirts off not the pants...

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    my shirt is never on

either are my pants
    u do make me proud son

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    my shirt is never on

either are my pants
    And DSM has the pics to prove it, posted at wow-is-all-that-you.com

lol does every thread eventually get hijacked by the bantor ^^^ ??

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, by all means continue! Shit, I stayed home from work today and wound up spending 2 hours reading DSM's 'ask DSM anything' thread. To make matters worse, I spent 90 of those 120 minutes looking at all the pics Shol'va posted! WTF!! Of course, I was merely admiring the physiques.

lol does every thread eventually get hijacked by the bantor ^^^ ??

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, by all means continue! Shit, I stayed home from work today and wound up spending 2 hours reading DSM's 'ask DSM anything' thread. To make matters worse, I spent 90 of those 120 minutes looking at all the pics Shol'va posted! WTF!! Of course, I was merely admiring the physiques.
    Not every one but most do. Not on purpose though. It all starts out innocent enough but then someone will leave a message that opens the door to a one liner and since most of us here have off the wall sense of humor, well it doesnt take long till everyone is piling in on the thread. No disrepect meant on anyone. It just happens. Kind of like KP's face. And thanks for the positive revues of my pics on DSM's thread. I try to show the asthetically pleasing artistic male pics, from a male perspective. Ok I'm biased....

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Not every one but most do. Not on purpose though. It all starts out innocent enough but then someone will leave a message that opens the door to a one liner and since most of us here have off the wall sense of humor, well it doesnt take long till everyone is piling in on the thread. No disrepect meant on anyone. It just happens. Kind of like KP's face. And thanks for the positive revues of my pics on DSM's thread. I try to show the asthetically pleasing artistic male pics, from a male perspective. Ok I'm biased....
    LoL no offense taken at all bro, what would the board be without personalities? I would comment on KP's face, but I saw his most recent pics - and quite frankly i'm afraid of him. =\

If somebody told me I could wake up with the body of my dreams, all i'd have to do is fellate one of those strapping young bucks in the pics... well, i'm man enough to do what I gotta do!

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I actually burst into laughter. Nicely done. Uncalled for, but nice. lol

LoL no offense taken at all bro, what would the board be without personalities? I would comment on KP's face, but I saw his most recent pics - and quite frankly i'm afraid of him. =\

If somebody told me I could wake up with the body of my dreams, all i'd have to do is fellate one of those strapping young bucks in the pics... well, i'm man enough to do what I gotta do!
    Thats how I got my start. I was told that if I fellate a bunch of BB'rs then I'd get my juice naturally and not have to buy any but I never got any bigger, just ended up with lockjaw. Those guys lied to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information