Page 676 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666716726736746756766776786796806816867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,040 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    My legs are already mush.. I knew I was in for some damage today. Just felt it coming through the door.

Seated press: 2 warms, feel at 360, then put 810 on that bad boy and went for 4 insane reps. The last two felt like it took an hour. I remember thinking that was it on the 3rd, but took it down slowly for one more, and I wasn't sure that I would get it up, but I did. Dropped to 630 and pushed out 6 more.. Excruciating... Failure. Seeing stars as I got up, suddenly felt wobbly and made my way over to the trash can.. Bent over it and could not catch my breath and though I was going to puke, but didn't (although I did drool a lot lol). Came back over and my buddy says, "nice set". Haha.

Hack squat: feel with 270 then put 360 and went for 8... Barely got the last one up. Rested for a few seconds and plugged out 2 more.

Standing lunges with 45lb plates in each hand. No idea how many I did but hit failure again. Fell to one knee and had to drop the plates.

Heavy extensions and curls, hit 2 calf movements and fvvvvvvvvvvvvck cardio. No can do. Had some work to do so had a shake and picked up a half chicken, and rice for dinner. There's a dull throbbing pain in my legs already. I'm in for it, no question.
    clarky., marcus300, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Daaàamn, Igi! You guys are all way f-in stronger than me. Super serious session, man. Hope your building has an elevator.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Intense AG. I know you're flying in there. Great stuff.
    I'm staying with it, but with an eye towards the full minute rest break. When the weather cools down like this, us fat people can move faster.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-12-2015 at 11:42 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Nice Nach...

When you say slight incline...How much are we talking? Last week on my chest I put a 10lb plate under my flat bench just on the side where you lay your head. When I did DB flat presses. (Raised very little) Are you raising more?

When you did reg incline flys how come you went to smith reg incline and not reg incline DB press?

Just learning some. That's why I am asking. Might pick something up.
    For me bod slight incline is one notch up from flat. Change your incline every ex so you hitting the muscle from a different angle each session
    NACH3 and Bodacious like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    CHEST
    -stretching rolling abs RC ex's(throughout w/5lb plates)

Slight incline press
    3 feelers 1w 10+(Heaviest Bells - counted as warm up) 10breaths 1w 5 drop 4 RP 2(second took about a min - it stalled thrice lol - RPed it b/c I had 105s in hand and figured I'd only get 1-2 worked out nicely!

Slight incline flys
    2 feelers 1w(80s) 7 + RP 2 + RP 1 & they fell

Reg incline flys
    Feeler 1w 6 + RP 1-2 drop 3

Smith reg Incline - my chest was shot doing flys b4 incline presses almost couldn't do another pressing movement
    3 feelers 1w 4 drop 3 drop 2 + RP 0-.5 lol had to rack it real short

Pec dec
    2w drop higher end reps

Totally shot - hungry and need to ice shoulder
    Weights done in 41min
    Marcus I get what your saying about 2 pressing movements now(understanding much more) but man I felt like a Cvnt on incline lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Legs tonight

Pre exhaust

All excersises were 3 sets

Seated calves

Seated leg Curls

Lying curls

One extensions, these burned like crazy, last set used both legs same time as a burn out. Got up left quad locked up one me. Had to stretch for a few mins before walking on.

Reverse v squat

Smith squat

15 mins low cardio
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Chest-

Warm up

Flat bench- 1 working then did a 5x5x5 drop
    Incline dumbbells- Did 3 slow sets, last was close to failure, Im not going to heavy because incline has been irritating my shoulder.
    Incline hammer 2 working, last failure
    cables-high then shoulder height.

Felt good, things seem to be falling back in place. Got blood work back, turned out better then I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    R/C exercises and broomstick stretches

D'bell shoulder press- 2 w/u, Work1-4,drop, 3+, drop, 2+ reps- 2+ reps. Rested for 1 minute. Work2-4+ reps at the last weight I used for my first work set.
    Seated side laterals- 2 w/u on cable, Work-4,drop,2,drop,3+ reps - 2+ reps and then 1/4 reps to total failure.
    D'bell rev. flyes- 2 w/u, Work-6+,drop,1+,drop,2+ reps and then 1/4 reps to failure.
    B'bell shrugs- 2 w/u, Work1(front)-7+,drop,4+. Work2(rear)-5+,drop,3+.
    D'bell shrugs- started with the 100s and drop setted down to the 40s averaging 2-3 reps/drop.

36 minutes not including R/C exercises and broomstick stretches.
    Nice session guys
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    My legs are already mush.. I knew I was in for some damage today. Just felt it coming through the door.

Seated press: 2 warms, feel at 360, then put 810 on that bad boy and went for 4 insane reps. The last two felt like it took an hour. I remember thinking that was it on the 3rd, but took it down slowly for one more, and I wasn't sure that I would get it up, but I did. Dropped to 630 and pushed out 6 more.. Excruciating... Failure. Seeing stars as I got up, suddenly felt wobbly and made my way over to the trash can.. Bent over it and could not catch my breath and though I was going to puke, but didn't (although I did drool a lot lol). Came back over and my buddy says, "nice set". Haha.

Hack squat: feel with 270 then put 360 and went for 8... Barely got the last one up. Rested for a few seconds and plugged out 2 more.

Standing lunges with 45lb plates in each hand. No idea how many I did but hit failure again. Fell to one knee and had to drop the plates.

Heavy extensions and curls, hit 2 calf movements and fvvvvvvvvvvvvck cardio. No can do. Had some work to do so had a shake and picked up a half chicken, and rice for dinner. There's a dull throbbing pain in my legs already. I'm in for it, no question.
    Nice session Igi you smashed that mate.

Morning guys and girls think i'll smash chest the day i'll have to wait and see how busy it is si i'll report back the nigh.
    almostgone, marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post
    Question for Marcus or other vets. Today i had chest,for the first time i did it Yates style,2 warmup sets and 1 working set to failure.

Flat benchpress-2 warmups and 1 working set

Incline benchpress-2 warmups and 1 working set

Decline benchpress-1 warmup and 2 working set

Dumbbell flyes-2 warmups and 1 working set

On all working sets i went to failure with heavy weights,but i dont feel sore or anything.Before i used to do 6-7 exercises per body part,1 warm up and 3 working sets,and i was sore as hell for 2 days,especially the next day,but now i feel like i didn't lift at all! Am i doing smth wrong or my body got used to more exercises?!!
    Its not a 100% indicator that you have damaged and recruited all the fibers but if this kind of training is new to you then you should be having serious DOMS imho.

Like I can saying "failure" many THINK they are going to failure but in reality they are not no matter what they write or state usually the guys who are new to this don't train to true positive failure. Its not something you can just turn on like a light switch, its something what you got to teach your body to withstand and also learn to open up that zone within your mind to release what it takes to go to hell and back.

Now are using the right working set weight?

are you us8ing the feeler sets right to judge the working set weight?

when you reach failure and your unable to do anymore reps, if someone had your mother in front of you with a gun to her head and told you to do one more rep would you do one? you know that feeling when something happens lets say close to a fight with someone else or you just caught your girlfriend fuking your best mate or you just found out your girlfriend use to be a man, and you go into fight or flight mode????? you know that feeling when you feel you could kill anything, destroy everything and your that angry nothing could stop you from exploding????

Well, that's the feeling you need to feel pre,during a working set but under control. Controlled aggression, digging deep inside and talking to your inner self to re-live these feeling to help get you in the zone. This is the feeling when you hear a certain song and your seriously on one or what ever triggers you to this zone what will make you train to failure. This zone this new world is what you need to be in. Not write it and say I couldn't do another rep I was at failure, I mean seriously no other person in the gym is training like it, because this is what you got to teach yourself to go to, because at failure its just the beginning and this is were the magic happens.

Ask yourself a few of the questions above and be truthful with yourself, be honest because if your new to this you wont be training to true positive failure you may think you are and you may say to me that you wasn't able to do another rep or you was shaking and couldn't do anything else or you passed out lol but truth is you wasn't in the zone and you truthfully probably didn't train to failure because if this is new you should be having serious DOMS right now.

One more question for you, if we trained together doing your chest workout do you think you may have written something else?

Keep on it, it will come

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Did I read that right??? Marcus doing Cardio back in the old days!!
    Yes, I use to do cardio and I should be doing more of it but at the moment time is precious ive got lots on in my life with work and personal projects so its a hard thing to do but I still do some now and again when I need to. Cheeky fuk

Totally shot - hungry and need to ice shoulder
    Weights done in 41min
    Marcus I get what your saying about 2 pressing movements now(understanding much more) but man I felt like a Cvnt on incline lmao
    With chest its a different animal because we hit it from different angles incline and flat but with shoulders, I don't see much point and to be honest I couldn't do two pressing movements, one is enough if done right in the first place, this is what this is all about condense your workouts and learn how to do one working set, sometimes you'll miss it and have to do two working sets but two different movements attack the same muscles and your doing in total 4 feel sets/warm ups and 2-4 working sets lol I don't think so. That's normal man's way of training not true HIT you know what I am talking about Nach

Quote Originally Posted by mussina123 View Post
    Absolutely demolished legs... MMC was on point, in the zone... I was on my fifth rep of squat and it was absolutely brutal, barely got it up, wanted to stop but I told myself, push harder and make Marcus and the guys proud, went down got half way and pushed myself unlike ever before and got that damn rep!! Proud of myself, almost cried on leg press and contacts were getting all blurry...

Gotta push your body to adapt or remain forever small... Time to eat
    Well done, HIT is extremely hard to do on legs especially on certain movements and it takes some serious concentration to push halve your body to failure. Well done and keep on it

Sonetimes, it takes a bit to get the intensity up to the level necessary to really get deep down and do some damage. Aso, being sore doesn't necessarily mean you had a good lift, although it is satisfying as hell.
    Maybe rearrange the order of your lifts and hit flyes first, then your presses.
    You just lifted today, so the soreness may show up by the morning.
    Here you go ^^^^ he's all over it and knows the score, he may live in the woods in a wooden cabin eating off the land in the deep south but this guy knows what he is talking about xx

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Chest-

Warm up

Flat bench- 1 working then did a 5x5x5 drop
    Incline dumbbells- Did 3 slow sets, last was close to failure, Im not going to heavy because incline has been irritating my shoulder.
    Incline hammer 2 working, last failure
    cables-high then shoulder height.

Felt good, things seem to be falling back in place. Got blood work back, turned out better then I thought.
    Hey the big man is back, good to see you pushing yourself again mate. Take it easy and lets do it

R/C exercises and broomstick stretches

D'bell shoulder press- 2 w/u, Work1-4,drop, 3+, drop, 2+ reps- 2+ reps. Rested for 1 minute. Work2-4+ reps at the last weight I used for my first work set.
    Seated side laterals- 2 w/u on cable, Work-4,drop,2,drop,3+ reps - 2+ reps and then 1/4 reps to total failure.
    D'bell rev. flyes- 2 w/u, Work-6+,drop,1+,drop,2+ reps and then 1/4 reps to failure.
    B'bell shrugs- 2 w/u, Work1(front)-7+,drop,4+. Work2(rear)-5+,drop,3+.
    D'bell shrugs- started with the 100s and drop setted down to the 40s averaging 2-3 reps/drop.

36 minutes not including R/C exercises and broomstick stretches.
    Your copying me again

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    One more question for you, if we trained together doing your chest workout do you think you may have written something else? Keep on it, it will come
    Lol,i guess yes...
    Thanks for the response.Reading your posts and also Yates saying that it takes only one proper set to damage the muscle,totally make sense,but i guess I didn't do it right.
    marcus300 likes this.

Lol,i guess yes...
    Thanks for the response.Reading your posts and also Yates saying that it takes only one proper set to damage the muscle,totally make sense,but i guess I didn't do it right.
    Don't think of it as you didn't do it right, this is new this kind of training goes against most other ways so its hard to just get it right straight away. Its a learning curve and the only way of learning is to take the first step and that's what your doing. Read my response and try and read the whole thread and things will learn what its going to take and each workout you will dig deeper. Yates is correct it only takes one proper set to failure to fully damage and cause a reaction so it grows bigger and thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Here you go ^^^^ he's all over it and knows the score, he may live in the woods in a wooden cabin eating off the land in the deep south but this guy knows what he is talking about xx
    Thanks, Marcus. I do believe you could pick me.out of a crowd.

You're copying me again
    LMAO. I may talk a little slow and say "y'all" sometimes, but I know quality work when I see it.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    My legs are already mush.. I knew I was in for some damage today. Just felt it coming through the door. Seated press: 2 warms, feel at 360, then put 810 on that bad boy and went for 4 insane reps. The last two felt like it took an hour. I remember thinking that was it on the 3rd, but took it down slowly for one more, and I wasn't sure that I would get it up, but I did. Dropped to 630 and pushed out 6 more.. Excruciating... Failure. Seeing stars as I got up, suddenly felt wobbly and made my way over to the trash can.. Bent over it and could not catch my breath and though I was going to puke, but didn't (although I did drool a lot lol). Came back over and my buddy says, "nice set". Haha. Hack squat: feel with 270 then put 360 and went for 8... Barely got the last one up. Rested for a few seconds and plugged out 2 more. Standing lunges with 45lb plates in each hand. No idea how many I did but hit failure again. Fell to one knee and had to drop the plates. Heavy extensions and curls, hit 2 calf movements and fvvvvvvvvvvvvck cardio. No can do. Had some work to do so had a shake and picked up a half chicken, and rice for dinner. There's a dull throbbing pain in my legs already. I'm in for it, no question.
    I passed out yesterday.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I knew after yesterday's session I'd be beyond sore - when I got under the bar for incline, boy did I feel weak for the first time in a while ... Really tore up my pecs w/those 2 fly movements in the middle instead of press then flys...

I like doing two fly movements together - man on incline flys Its like I felt those fibers tearing -

Hey Marcus/or AG, what do you think about... When I use DBs for pressing im maxed out - so I've been doing a few warm ups prior then a working set(but I'm getting 10+ w/the heaviest bells - so I'm counting that as another warm up(like flys into presses the blood is just exploding) - then just sitting up w/bells in hand(basically a RP but I may take 15-20breaths and hit it again for 4-6 reps I don't hit failure on first set but very close ) then I go into my drops... Or would you just do flys into presses? I'm at a crossroads but that change up yesterday was great(I didn't think I could do incline pressing on smith - I was completely shot!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-13-2015 at 05:31 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Daaàamn, Igi! You guys are all way f-in stronger than me. Super serious session, man. Hope your building has an elevator.
    It better not be broken today. lol. Time to get up.. Here comes the pain!
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Lol,i guess yes...
    I'll tell you Fresh - I was very nervous in the beginning when I wasnt getting sore but not THAT sore... Once you get going and your intensity is up/higher you'll be like wtf lolol - I shit you not - I use maybe 30s in between my sets(unless I'm setting up a bench or something it may take a min lol - just try to keep moving... It's helped me w/keeping my intensity high... Plus when people are watching you've got no choice but to dig deeper and deeper
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-13-2015 at 05:32 AM.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Skull crushers

Standing db curls

Tri machine push downs

Reverse curls

T bar cable push downs

Hammer db curls

20 minutes low intensity cardio and done

I knew after yesterday's session I'd be beyond sore - when I got under the bar for incline, boy did I feel weak for the first time in a while ... Really tore up my pecs w/those 2 fly movements in the middle instead of press then flys...

I like doing two fly movements together - man on incline flys Its like I felt those fibers tearing -

Hey Marcus/or AG, what do you think about... When I use DBs for pressing im maxed out - so I've been doing a few warm ups prior then a working set(but I'm getting 10+ w/the heaviest bells - so I'm counting that as another warm up(like flys into presses the blood is just exploding) - then just sitting up w/bells in hand(basically a RP but I may take 15-20breaths and hit it again for 4-6 reps I don't hit failure on first set but very close ) then I go into my drops... Or would you just do flys into presses? I'm at a crossroads but that change up yesterday was great(I didn't think I could do incline pressing on smith - I was completely shot!
    I like flyes straight into presses when possible, Nach. Is your gym lightly stocked on heavier bells? Also, maybe try hitting some pushups before flyes and presses if you want to fatigue your chest to bring the weights back down some?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I like flyes straight into presses when possible, Nach. Is your gym lightly stocked on heavier bells? Also, maybe try hitting some pushups before flyes and presses if you want to fatigue your chest to bring the weights back down some?
    My gym has 120s but I'm going to see(I've heard they have some 130-140+ just not many even want to lift it) so I've been doing a few warm ups w/80/100(2) for a good 10+ reps to fatigue the pecs, and hit the 120s for still a good 10+ reps on first working... So I'll use it as a warm up also!

I'll be doing pre-exhaust from here on out... I get more blood etc in the pecs as well as it really digs deep into my pecs/fibers! Thx AG - Looks like I know what I'll be doing
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'll tell you Fresh - I was very nervous in the beginning when I wasnt getting sore but not THAT sore... Once you get going and your intensity is up/higher you'll be like wtf lolol - I shit you not - I use maybe 30s in between my sets(unless I'm setting up a bench or something it may take a min lol - just try to keep moving... It's helped me w/keeping my intensity high... Plus when people are watching you've got no choice but to dig deeper and deeper
    This is where I'm at. Yesterday was my first time using HIT. In all honesty I was a bit concerned that due to the lack of volume that it just wouldn't work for me, as higher volume is the only way I've ever trained. Thought I had cheated myself on chest yesterday and maybe I did, but woke up pleasantly sore this morning. Bi's aren't sore yet, BUT they still feel extremely tired and weak. I def still have a LOT to learn about this technique but I feel confident that it's a legit methodology.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Thanks Nach.I did rest 1 min between sets though,cuz i was out of breath lol,cuz i've put lots of weight on the bar at working set(with the help of training partner).Probably i'll get used by time,cuz today i'm not sore at all,cuz usually the day after the chest training,every fast move it hurts like hell on the chest,but not today.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon

This is where I'm at. Yesterday was my first time using HIT. In all honesty I was a bit concerned that due to the lack of volume that it just wouldn't work for me, as higher volume is the only way I've ever trained. Thought I had cheated myself on chest yesterday and maybe I did, but woke up pleasantly sore this morning. Bi's aren't sore yet, BUT they still feel extremely tired and weak. I def still have a LOT to learn about this technique but I feel confident that it's a legit methodology.
    I went through the same thing when I first started this. It didn't take long for these guys to convert me over. Heavy sets to fail right from the start makes it much easier to put on size and make big time gains.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Don't think of it as you didn't do it right, this is new this kind of training goes against most other ways so its hard to just get it right straight away. Its a learning curve and the only way of learning is to take the first step and that's what your doing. Read my response and try and read the whole thread and things will learn what its going to take and each workout you will dig deeper. Yates is correct it only takes one proper set to failure to fully damage and cause a reaction so it grows bigger and thicker.
    Probably that's the case,i used to do many exercises,body was used to that type of training.Anyway i'm still "new" to bodybuilding,i have to explore what works best.
    P.S. I have read 90% of posts in your thread,but i really have difficulties with some terms,especially from some americans lol,i am struggling to figure it out,but i will(also helps me learn better english lol)...thanks again Marcus
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I went through the same thing when I first started this. It didn't take long for these guys to convert me over. Heavy sets to fail right from the start makes it much easier to put on size and make big time gains.
    I too, started out as non HIT(high intensity) just not heavy enough and more volume... and not even close to the intensity needed for true HIT! They changed my way of thinking w/in days lol

'Overload your body and it'll have no other choice but to grow'(Marcus)

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    I too, started out as non HIT(high intensity) just not heavy enough and more volume... and not even close to the intensity needed for true HIT! They changed my way of thinking w/in days lol

Right there with everyone else. I have just started this I am about 2.5 weeks in. I have learn a lot from two weeks ago. I still have A LOT to learn also. To me it seems harder to use the HIT training say on squats for example yesterday. Squats was my last movement yesterday legs was shot I could hardly do 225 for warm up. Then you only take 30-45 sec to reset. Then BAM better have your shit ready. LOL..

Like I said before I am give it hell learning this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post

Thanks guys, hearing that you had a similar experience only makes my confidence level in this workout method go even higher.
    NACH3 likes this.

Just getting caught up on everything.Crazy night at work last night. Nice sessions by everyone.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Its not a 100% indicator that you have damaged and recruited all the fibers but if this kind of training is new to you then you should be having serious DOMS imho.

when you reach failure and your unable to do anymore reps, if someone had your mother in front of you with a gun to her head and told you to do one more rep would you do one? you know that feeling when something happens lets say close to a fight with someone else or you just caught your girlfriend fuking your best mate or you just found out your girlfriend use to be a man, and you go into fight or flight mode????? you know that feeling when you feel you could kill anything, destroy everything and your that angry nothing could stop you from exploding????

Well, that's the feeling you need to feel pre,during a working set but under control. Controlled aggression, digging deep inside and talking to your inner self to re-live these feeling to help get you in the zone. This is the feeling when you hear a certain song and your seriously on one or what ever triggers you to this zone what will make you train to failure. This zone this new world is what you need to be in. Not write it and say I couldn't do another rep I was at failure, I mean seriously no other person in the gym is training like it, because this is what you got to teach yourself to go to, because at failure its just the beginning and this is were the magic happens.

Your copying me again
    About spit my coffee all over my computer.LOL

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    How's the back?
    Getting better thanks. Kel hit the nail on the head again, tight hams causing the injury. Been stretching and invert table. Taking it easy on back today and hope to squat a bit on Thursday.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

My gym has 120s but I'm going to see(I've heard they have some 130-140+ just not many even want to lift it) so I've been doing a few warm ups w/80/100(2) for a good 10+ reps to fatigue the pecs, and hit the 120s for still a good 10+ reps on first working... So I'll use it as a warm up also!

I'll be doing pre-exhaust from here on out... I get more blood etc in the pecs as well as it really digs deep into my pecs/fibers! Thx AG - Looks like I know what I'll be doing
    I dont have that weight at home, but I'm wondering, how much prefatguing is too much? I'd love to do flies first (at least try it), but I am afraid to prefatigue too much. If I put my presses at the beginning I'm good to go.

Hitting those bells for those reps is very impressive, Nach. You're strong!
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I dont have that weight at home, but I'm wondering, how much prefatguing is too much? I'd love to do flies first (at least try it), but I am afraid to prefatigue too much. If I put my presses at the beginning I'm good to go.
    Shoot give it a go and see how it works out. If it doesn't work out, don't do it again until you have what you need. I lift at home in my shop, Nova, and I know how it is when you improvise with whatever is available.
    Maybe have a barbell made up w/a weight you know you can handle after heavy flyes and use it? Just a thought.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hitting those bells for those reps is very impressive, Nach. You're strong!
    Thx AG! I was always worried about strength w/the bells - it was why I chose not to use them - very stupid - especially w/the shoulder problems! It really is a much better and natural movement - less risk of injury(can just drop em), and the ROM for name is the biggest difference(and it's no where near the stress the BB or smith(flat - inclines are great on there) puts on the delts(rears in my case)... I'm really working towards more ROM w/DBs on Incline... I dud it once and I'm going to start implementing them much more(45* is a tad much on my shoulder - so depending on my RCs etc I'll do smith or DB incline now! Slight incline is all bells now - and working up to using all DBs for chest(gives a better look imho, too!
    almostgone likes this.

Time for this old man to crash. I currently have 274 lbs. of mastiff that has crawled up in the bed. Getting ready to move his big @ss back down in the floor with our female mastiff.
    I need room to sprawl.
    Already have a back session roughed out; may snag a lift tonight if I rest well.
    NACH3, Bodacious and clarky. like this.

Shoot give it a go and see how it works out. If it doesn't work out, don't do it again until you have what you need. I lift at home in my shop, Nova, and I know how it is when you improvise with whatever is available.
    Maybe have a barbell made up w/a weight you know you can handle after heavy flyes and use it? Just a thought.
    I would have the barbell ready if I did flies, and vice versa. I'm just not sure I can prefatigue enough for the DBs to hit failure within the prescribed range. I am doing chest tonight and switching up what I did in my very first HIT style workout. I'm Going to go with Decline BB presses after a bit of prefatigue. Then hit the flies and weighted pushups, I freaking love those, especially at failure, you can hold forever and negatives are easy to implement at that point.
    almostgone likes this.

You could pre exhaust do flyes first then next movement into your db's,

You could pre exhaust superset do flyes then go straight into pressing like I use to post when I was having really bad issues with my shoulders. Doing these keeps the weight down with the bells but keeps the intensity up, like I posted I actually got stronger doing these because after a few months I was doing the same bells with this protocol as I was doing if I went straight into bells first, so when I went back to pressing first i had increased the lbs's. Me and Almost discussed these over PM not so long ago and he started to use it.

If your hitting 10 reps you will be fine using any of the above without going out of your rep range even if you use a advanced protocol
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Gents I want to ask a question: I need to improve my outer chest. It is one of my weak points.

Where can I create an emphasis on the outer chest?

What has worked for you?

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Gents I want to ask a question: I need to improve my outer chest. It is one of my weak points.

Where can I create an emphasis on the outer chest?

What has worked for you?
    And I know we cannot hit specific "portions of a muscle", but is there a hand position as well that may make the difference?

I'm basically asking for your opinion.

Really worth learning to increase strength, size and reduce injury.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You could pre exhaust do flyes first then next movement into your db's,

You could pre exhaust superset do flyes then go straight into pressing like I use to post when I was having really bad issues with my shoulders. Doing these keeps the weight down with the bells but keeps the intensity up, like I posted I actually got stronger doing these because after a few months I was doing the same bells with this protocol as I was doing if I went straight into bells first, so when I went back to pressing first i had increased the lbs's. Me and Almost discussed these over PM not so long ago and he started to use it.

If your hitting 10 reps you will be fine using any of the above without going out of your rep range even if you use a advanced protocol
    Yes Sir! This is what I'll be doing... S/S flys into presses - AG was just mentioning how during this blast he wanted to go w/flys into presses which I think is a great change up - more intense and definitely more blood flow(I took your advice to him and implement/use warm ups to get the chest full of blood and it'll feel like exploding thru the skin

You will surely see these w/o sessions from here in out(plus it will help w/my RCs/shoulders period!

Since swiching to bells - my chest is definitely forming much better - more depth is starting

Thread Information