Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: You guys have it all wrong

Josh577 is offline Associate Member

You guys have it all wrong

Ok I would like to start by saying I'm pretty new to the site and vary impressed. I joined for the wrong reasons and didn't realize how good of a resource this site really was. I've been ready all the sticky and there's not a subject that can't find on here. I would like to thank every one that's contributed to making this site it's really helped me a lot. Tonight I got an email from YouTube, it's rich piana 96 day. I really like to watch any thing rich puts up. He said in this installment of life by rich that carbs was the most important thing to building muscle! I don't even need protein! I can put on as much muscle as I like with just carbs. The pple that says different has just read it some where an don't really have it right. I'm pretty new an learning steel but the diet thread has a sticky called "so you want to learn to diet" I thank, it dosnt seem to go with what rich has to say.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Carbs are the preferred energy source of every cell in the body. You do need carbs and they are important. Protein is the "essential" building material of muscle. You need enough protein intake to replace what you lose through natural catabolic processes and tissue repair, plus if your trying to gain muscle, you need to up that baseline amount. It's argued up and down what they proper amount of protein intake is. It's anywhere from .8grams/lbs of body weight to maybe even as high as 2g/lbs for some individuals.

Carbs that are not used for metabolic processes are stored as fat.
    Protein is typically expelled in the urine or bowel. It can be converted to fat, but not nearly as much as carbs are. That is typically why people prefer to keep carbs at a strict amount needed to build but not to go overboard.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Maybe that's what rich meant but it sounded like he was saying you could get buy with out protein at all. I believe the stuff I've learned here an just thought it sounded crazy. I thank rich sales protein so I would thank he would be promoting it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh577
    Maybe that's what rich meant but it sounded like he was saying you could get buy with out protein at all. I believe the stuff I've learned here an just thought it sounded crazy. I thank rich sales protein so I would thank he would be promoting it.
    You can't build or even maintain body tissue without protein intake. Your body is very good about recycling what you already have, but it's only 75% efficient.

A 180lbs man only needs about 60grams of protein a day to maintain body weight. However someone that is active probably needs much more than that.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I thank he just rambles in his videos at times.

Blog Entries
    I like Rich, but he isn't a physiologist and yes he is big as Fvck but he also does massive cycles and eats a ton.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Proximal is offline Banned
    Maybe he was trying to imply that you can get protein from plant sources.

Blog Entries
    Maybe, I don't think he is a vegan though.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    For some ppl food and eating habits are like a religion, and its very difficult to change diet or even discuss it.

Media and food lobbys are also key players in influencing the population into eating trends.

The protein cult is deeply embedded in many sociaties, truth is we dont need that much protein.
    George Farah only has one kidney due severe trauma from gunshot wound back in the day, and he managed to grow just as big on lower protein intake, high protein is quite harsh on kidneys as the excess needs to be filtered out. George is the trainer of Kai Green and many other professional top bodybuilders and guess what? They follow his diet advice and lower protein to save the liver and kidneys.

Dont take me wrong, not advocating for veganism, I dont discriminate food, I can eat vegan and enjoy it as I can eat a steak, as long as it fit the macros Most of the world is vegetarian anyways, or almost, only eating small amounts of meat or only eating meat in special ocasions. Merely 100 years ago our ancestors had more or less the same diet.

Kinda agree with Rich here (for once lol) like mentioned above our body recicles protein, and even if you eat vegetables or fruit only you going to get some protein from it (3-5% at least). One thing im sure, you cant build muscles without carbs.

Balanced, high carb, moderate protein, low fat is what works better for me, and always looking for organic and in season when available.

T-boner is offline Associate Member
    I didn't know too much protein is hard on kidneys and liver. Good information to know. I always wondered how many animals that only eat grass can be so big. I mean a bull has huge muscle mass but never has a protein shake.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    I didn't know too much protein is hard on kidneys and liver. Good information to know. I always wondered how many animals that only eat grass can be so big. I mean a bull has huge muscle mass but never has a protein shake.
    Animals like cows have the enzymes required to process fiber and use it as an energy source. Humans do not.

thatguy007 is offline New Member
    i like this site too

thatguy007 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Maybe he was trying to imply that you can get protein from plant sources.
    seriously ?

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We need protein, carbs, and fat. That's the axiom. It cannot be argued.

Ratios are different for everyone depending on 1,000 factors.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy007 View Post
    seriously ?
    Yes. What is the point of the comment if you don't mind?

Nothing against Rich (or anyone) he knows way more than me....but these guys on the internet get to a point where they just want to hear their own voice.

THERE IS NO COOKIE CUTTER PROTOCOL.

Did anyone see the MLB all start game? Does Big Pappi have a batting stance exactly the same as Mike Trout? HELL NO.

Are they both great hitters? HELL YES.

Does Chris Sale throw EXACTLY like Kershaw?

Is there a pattern developing here?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    Not to be a dick, :-) but cows and other "ruminants" do not have enzymes to break down cellulose. They have multi-chambered stomachs that harbor high concentration of acids and bacteria that can metabolize plant cell wall material.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I like vegans wish there were more so the price of beef would go down But there is nothing like fresh Deer meat!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I like vegans wish there were more so the price of beef would go down But there is nothing like fresh Deer meat!
    I'll take some of that deer meat!

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I agree, wild game is the best.

Not really wild, but getting used to the bison myself.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Not to be a dick, :-) but cows and other "ruminants" do not have enzymes to break down cellulose. They have multi-chambered stomachs that harbor high concentration of acids and bacteria that can metabolize plant cell wall material.
    ^^^MuscleScience explained it in a much more scientific way than I did in my post.

Why you trying to show me up, MS??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    ^^^MuscleScience explained it in a much more scientific way than I did in my post.

Why you trying to show me up, MS??
    Because, it's my only way I can actually use my physiology degree in real life...lol
    marcus300 likes this.

Thread Information