Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Vegetarian and Vegan

  1. #1
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922

    Vegetarian and Vegan

    I was having a conversation with someone regarding the big debate on meat.

    Have any of you ever tried a plant based diet or anyone here a vegetarian or vegan

  2. #2
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,873
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I was having a conversation with someone regarding the big debate on meat.

    Have any of you ever tried a plant based diet or anyone here a vegetarian or vegan
    Don't do it. Steak is good, pork is good, chicken is good. We are men, hunter gathers! Meat and dairy are good for you. Nothing wrong with going veggies only for a while but the whole vegan thing is not good for you IMHO.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    diesel101 likes this.

  3. #3
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Don't do it. Steak is good, pork is good, chicken is good. We are men, hunter gathers! Meat and dairy are good for you. Nothing wrong with going veggies only for a while but the whole vegan thing is not good for you IMHO.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

    Never said I was going to do it or even considering it, just wanted to create discussion and ask if anyone here is one or the other

  4. #4
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    i ate a vegetable once...

  5. #5
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,321
    I love killing and eating dead flesh to much to even consider it.
    I do have a friend at the gym who has gone vegetarian the last couple of years. She has had no problems with it but she does not have the same goals as most of us.
    Obs and GearHeaded like this.

  6. #6
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Yes have tried vegetarian diet for a couple of weeks. When I first moved out I decided to experiment with different diets as I could eliminate foods and just buy what I wanted to eat. Felt good the first days but very difficult to maintain weight. Fiber intake happened to go too high sometimes, over 70g... Doable with whey protein and cheese but not over 1L milk per day for me. Did this mainly because high quality beef is too expensive and fish from stores usually tastes crap unless I fish it myself (I'm only good for sardines LOL!). Now the only meat in my diet is chicken... Occasional bacon, salami and ham but not a staple in the diet.

    Vegan would be overkill though.

  7. #7
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    1,184
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have yet to meet a 200+ lb weight lifter that is vegan or even vegetarian. Theres just too many benefits from eating meat as a bodybuilder to abstain from it.
    Obs likes this.

  8. #8
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,282
    Oh hell yes. I ate a salad once.
    I immediately started acting like a lady and found my testicles laying on the pillow next to me the next morning.

    I ran to the fridge and grabbed a ribeye. I just started eating it raw. My testicles ran back into my sack and have stayed there since. I repaid them by shrinking them with AAS.

    Now they are too embarrassed to leave my sack. I could eat all the salad I want but I don't like acting like a lady.
    kronik420 likes this.

  9. #9
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,282
    Attachment 171268
    Vegan Natty olympia!
    GearHeaded likes this.

  10. #10
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,550
    if all you ever ate was pussy , would that be considered vegan or 'all natural' or what ?
    Obs likes this.

  11. #11
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,153
    No way. In fact, I don't think I can eat ANY meal without some sort of meat in it.
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  12. #12
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    Friend of mine is a vegetarian hes in decent nick for a vegetarian and tbh I do enjoy eating vegetarian food. And he has converted me to veggie pizzas.

    I have a veggie dinner maybe every 2 to 4 weeks just as a change and its nice but would i be a full time one I don't think so tbh but as a change from meat it is enjoyable.

  13. #13
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,522
    Let's see, plant cellulose and water, or meat. I choose meat
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.

  14. #14
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    the cow eats the grass, i eat the cow, so i'm half vegetarian.
    Obs and GearHeaded like this.

  15. #15
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    the cow eats the grass, i eat the cow, so i'm half vegetarian.
    this is actually fairly spot on . the cow has 4 stomachs and the ability to eat vegan , grass and grains, and convert those into essential fatty acids and live and grow big. however us humans have no ability to convert a cows diet to fatty acids we need to live and if we tried to eat that way we wold die . so we eat the cow !!
    not only do we eat the cow , we raise cows, harvest milk, ranch, and do all sorts of other things that make us top the food chain.

    fuck the Lion , WE are king of the jungle . if a Lion could learn how to build a fence and bring a herd of zebras into the fenced area and then raise and care for the zebra, so that the lion and its family could eat one zebra a day , then that Lion really would be king of the jungle . but nope, it can't do that , fucking Tarzan can .
    MuscleScience, Obs and kronik420 like this.

  16. #16
    Nixter's Avatar
    Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    431
    There's no reason you couldn't achieve all the same goals on a vegetarian/vegan diet so long as all macro and micro nutrient requirements are met. It would be more difficult though.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,282
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    this is actually fairly spot on . the cow has 4 stomachs and the ability to eat vegan , grass and grains, and convert those into essential fatty acids and live and grow big. however us humans have no ability to convert a cows diet to fatty acids we need to live and if we tried to eat that way we wold die . so we eat the cow !!
    not only do we eat the cow , we raise cows, harvest milk, ranch, and do all sorts of other things that make us top the food chain.

    fuck the Lion , WE are king of the jungle . if a Lion could learn how to build a fence and bring a herd of zebras into the fenced area and then raise and care for the zebra, so that the lion and its family could eat one zebra a day , then that Lion really would be king of the jungle . but nope, it can't do that , fucking Tarzan can .
    Lmao

  18. #18
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter View Post
    There's no reason you couldn't achieve all the same goals on a vegetarian/vegan diet so long as all macro and micro nutrient requirements are met. It would be more difficult though.
    tell me one VEGAN source of food/a macro that is a complete protein containing all essential amino acids . I don't know much about veganism but open minded and willing to learn.

    when I put clients diets together, and they list something like black beans as a protein source to put into their protein macros, I automatically dismiss it. its not a complete protein and I refuse to put it into their protein macros.
    if it was a steak however, of course its listed as a protein in the macros.

    do vegans have to blend like 40 different sources of half proteins obtained from all different parts of the world, then blend it all together to have a complete source of protein ? is that really sustainable ? just think of all the pollution you vegans are causing across the globe because you have to eat all sorts of different food from all across the world just to get a single solid protein source.

    my one solid protein source causes very little pollution. I called the rancher that lives down the road from me and he sold me half of a grass fed cow for $1500. I drove to his house and picked it up and me and my family will have a solid protein source for quite some time

  19. #19
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    I was a vegetarian for 3 years and it was the heaviest ive ever been... i was around 230lbs at age14/15.
    Most of it was fat but still.....

    100%agree with veggies and vegans in their reasoning. Animals dont need to die for humans to thrive. We want them to die because we want big muscles and they taste good and we arr too lazy to combine different natural foodd to form complete proteins...

    Anyway im off to eat some tuna

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,576
    Fruits and vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats.

    How could you not recognize how cruel it is to eat fruits and vegetables? Pity the poor tomato, which lives its short life in utter despair, waiting for the the day some cruel, heartless vegan bastard comes along and plucks it off the vine. Cows have horns and can defend themselves. Chickens have beaks and spurs and can peck your eyes out. Bunny rabbits at least can run away in their own defense. They all have a chance. A poor ear of corn, OTOH, lives its brief life knowing that no such salvation will be forthcoming. Its fate is set in stone.

    That's why I chose not to eat anything that can't at least run away in its own defense. Like potatoes. Potatoes are one of the few plants that's okay to eat because the potato blight killed 3 million Irishmen (the murdering bastards!).


    Besides, not eating meat is counter-evolutionary. The Ardipithecus line of primate evolution only became markedly superior to the other lines of apes once Homo Habilis learned to become a huntsman, after which a primate for the first time had a diet rich in protein. And animal protein at that.

    The meat that Homo Habilis ate was a more concentrated source of energy, so it no longer needed the bulging belly of the plant-eating apes. Without the pot belly, the change to its center of gravity allowed it to stand and walk more erect. Since its hands no longer were needed for locomotion, H. Habilis found other uses for them, such as making tools (particularly spears and axes) and twiddling Mrs. H. Habilis's little man in the boat.

    Walking upright also gave it a higher vantage point so it could see further, allowing it to spot both its prey and its enemies from further away. Which, in turn, both increased its odds of survival and made it a better hunter, and a hunter with purpose-made weapons.

    The size of the other ape's cranial vaults was limited by the size of their molars and the oversized anchoring points on the sides of the skull where their massive jaw muscles were attached. All of which was necessary for cracking nuts and grinding raw grains, but once it switched to carnivorism, H. Habilis's jaws shrank, which allowed its cranial vault to enlarge, making way for a larger brain, to be fueled by all the protein it was eating.

    It was a positive feedback loop. The more meat H. Habilis ate, the more erect he walked, the more his brain grew, the smarter he became, the more dexterous he became, the better armed he became, and the better he could hunt. Repeat ad infinitum.

    Because meat is such a concentrated source of energy, it was only the (successful) hunting apes who could afford to take significant time out from the basic needs for survival and redirect them toward insuring its future needs. This wasn't just surviving, this was creating progress for their species. Things like inventing new tools, making better clothes, building dwellings and creating the breast implant. Two million years on, the reason we are the only ape that can build skyscrapers and write symphonies and put men in space traces directly back to Homo Habilis, the ape that learned to hunt for a living. I'll be goddamned if I'll forsake 2 million years of my ancestors' hard work to put me at the pinochle of the food chain by imitating a cow, just to appease some inbred, microcephalic mouth-breathing metrosexual who thinks meat is murder.

    Every mammal that has its eyes in the front of its head and incisors bordered by canines is a borned carnivore and a predator. Without question, being both is in our DNA. If G-d (or Gaia) had made us ruminants instead, then we'd be perfectly suited to grazing, but that's not how we turned out.

    Besides, if your family spends the next 10 generations subsisting on dandelions and bean sprouts, you're fating your gggggg-grandchildren to revert to being pea-brained, pot-bellied, knuckle-draggers.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 12-28-2017 at 03:25 AM.
    lovbyts, Obs, kronik420 and 1 others like this.

  21. #21
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,630
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Fruits and vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats.

    How could you not recognize how cruel it is to eat fruits and vegetables? Pity the poor tomato, which lives its short life in utter despair, waiting for the the day some cruel, heartless vegan bastard comes along and plucks it off the vine. Cows have horns and can defend themselves. Chickens have beaks and spurs and can peck your eyes out. Bunny rabbits at least can run away in their own defense. They all have a chance. A poor ear of corn, OTOH, lives its brief life knowing that no such salvation will be forthcoming. Its fate is set in stone.

    That's why I chose not to eat anything that can't at least run away in its own defense. Like potatoes. Potatoes are one of the few plants that's okay to eat because the potato blight killed 3 million Irishmen (the murdering bastards!).


    Besides, not eating meat is counter-evolutionary. The Ardipithecus line of primate evolution only became markedly superior to the other lines of apes once Homo Habilis learned to become a huntsman, after which a primate for the first time had a diet rich in protein. And animal protein at that.

    The meat that Homo Habilis ate was a more concentrated source of energy, so it no longer needed the bulging belly of the plant-eating apes. Without the pot belly, the change to its center of gravity allowed it to stand and walk more erect. Since its hands no longer were needed for locomotion, H. Habilis found other uses for them, such as making tools (particularly spears and axes) and twiddling Mrs. H. Habilis's little man in the boat.

    Walking upright also gave it a higher vantage point so it could see further, allowing it to spot both its prey and its enemies from further away. Which, in turn, both increased its odds of survival and made it a better hunter, and a hunter with purpose-made weapons.

    The size of the other ape's cranial vaults was limited by the size of their molars and the oversized anchoring points on the sides of the skull where their massive jaw muscles were attached. All of which was necessary for cracking nuts and grinding raw grains, but once it switched to carnivorism, H. Habilis's jaws shrank, which allowed its cranial vault to enlarge, making way for a larger brain, to be fueled by all the protein it was eating.

    It was a positive feedback loop. The more meat H. Habilis ate, the more erect he walked, the more his brain grew, the smarter he became, the more dexterous he became, the better armed he became, and the better he could hunt. Repeat ad infinitum.

    Because meat is such a concentrated source of energy, it was only the (successful) hunting apes who could afford to take significant time out from the basic needs for survival and redirect them toward insuring its future needs. This wasn't just surviving, this was creating progress for their species. Things like inventing new tools, making better clothes, building dwellings and creating the breast implant. Two million years on, the reason we are the only ape that can build skyscrapers and write symphonies and put men in space traces directly back to Homo Habilis, the ape that learned to hunt for a living. I'll be goddamned if I'll forsake 2 million years of my ancestors' hard work to put me at the pinochle of the food chain by imitating a cow, just to appease some inbred, microcephalic mouth-breathing metrosexual who thinks meat is murder.

    Every mammal that has its eyes in the front of its head and incisors bordered by canines is a borned carnivore and a predator. Without question, being both is in our DNA. If G-d (or Gaia) had made us ruminants instead, then we'd be perfectly suited to grazing, but that's not how we turned out.

    Besides, if your family spends the next 10 generations subsisting on dandelions and bean sprouts, you're fating your gggggg-grandchildren to revert to being pea-brained, pot-bellied, knuckle-draggers.
    Great post!
    ďIf you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.Ē Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  22. #22
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Fruits and vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats.

    How could you not recognize how cruel it is to eat fruits and vegetables? Pity the poor tomato, which lives its short life in utter despair, waiting for the the day some cruel, heartless vegan bastard comes along and plucks it off the vine. Cows have horns and can defend themselves. Chickens have beaks and spurs and can peck your eyes out. Bunny rabbits at least can run away in their own defense. They all have a chance. A poor ear of corn, OTOH, lives its brief life knowing that no such salvation will be forthcoming. Its fate is set in stone.

    That's why I chose not to eat anything that can't at least run away in its own defense. Like potatoes. Potatoes are one of the few plants that's okay to eat because the potato blight killed 3 million Irishmen (the murdering bastards!).


    Besides, not eating meat is counter-evolutionary. The Ardipithecus line of primate evolution only became markedly superior to the other lines of apes once Homo Habilis learned to become a huntsman, after which a primate for the first time had a diet rich in protein. And animal protein at that.

    The meat that Homo Habilis ate was a more concentrated source of energy, so it no longer needed the bulging belly of the plant-eating apes. Without the pot belly, the change to its center of gravity allowed it to stand and walk more erect. Since its hands no longer were needed for locomotion, H. Habilis found other uses for them, such as making tools (particularly spears and axes) and twiddling Mrs. H. Habilis's little man in the boat.

    Walking upright also gave it a higher vantage point so it could see further, allowing it to spot both its prey and its enemies from further away. Which, in turn, both increased its odds of survival and made it a better hunter, and a hunter with purpose-made weapons.

    The size of the other ape's cranial vaults was limited by the size of their molars and the oversized anchoring points on the sides of the skull where their massive jaw muscles were attached. All of which was necessary for cracking nuts and grinding raw grains, but once it switched to carnivorism, H. Habilis's jaws shrank, which allowed its cranial vault to enlarge, making way for a larger brain, to be fueled by all the protein it was eating.

    It was a positive feedback loop. The more meat H. Habilis ate, the more erect he walked, the more his brain grew, the smarter he became, the more dexterous he became, the better armed he became, and the better he could hunt. Repeat ad infinitum.

    Because meat is such a concentrated source of energy, it was only the (successful) hunting apes who could afford to take significant time out from the basic needs for survival and redirect them toward insuring its future needs. This wasn't just surviving, this was creating progress for their species. Things like inventing new tools, making better clothes, building dwellings and creating the breast implant. Two million years on, the reason we are the only ape that can build skyscrapers and write symphonies and put men in space traces directly back to Homo Habilis, the ape that learned to hunt for a living. I'll be goddamned if I'll forsake 2 million years of my ancestors' hard work to put me at the pinochle of the food chain by imitating a cow, just to appease some inbred, microcephalic mouth-breathing metrosexual who thinks meat is murder.

    Every mammal that has its eyes in the front of its head and incisors bordered by canines is a borned carnivore and a predator. Without question, being both is in our DNA. If G-d (or Gaia) had made us ruminants instead, then we'd be perfectly suited to grazing, but that's not how we turned out.

    Besides, if your family spends the next 10 generations subsisting on dandelions and bean sprouts, you're fating your gggggg-grandchildren to revert to being pea-brained, pot-bellied, knuckle-draggers.
    Re the potato blight I know for comedic effect but not exactly accurate why so many people died.

  23. #23
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Fruits and vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats.

    How could you not recognize how cruel it is to eat fruits and vegetables? Pity the poor tomato, which lives its short life in utter despair, waiting for the the day some cruel, heartless vegan bastard comes along and plucks it off the vine. Cows have horns and can defend themselves. Chickens have beaks and spurs and can peck your eyes out. Bunny rabbits at least can run away in their own defense. They all have a chance. A poor ear of corn, OTOH, lives its brief life knowing that no such salvation will be forthcoming. Its fate is set in stone.

    That's why I chose not to eat anything that can't at least run away in its own defense. Like potatoes. Potatoes are one of the few plants that's okay to eat because the potato blight killed 3 million Irishmen (the murdering bastards!).


    Besides, not eating meat is counter-evolutionary. The Ardipithecus line of primate evolution only became markedly superior to the other lines of apes once Homo Habilis learned to become a huntsman, after which a primate for the first time had a diet rich in protein. And animal protein at that.

    The meat that Homo Habilis ate was a more concentrated source of energy, so it no longer needed the bulging belly of the plant-eating apes. Without the pot belly, the change to its center of gravity allowed it to stand and walk more erect. Since its hands no longer were needed for locomotion, H. Habilis found other uses for them, such as making tools (particularly spears and axes) and twiddling Mrs. H. Habilis's little man in the boat.

    Walking upright also gave it a higher vantage point so it could see further, allowing it to spot both its prey and its enemies from further away. Which, in turn, both increased its odds of survival and made it a better hunter, and a hunter with purpose-made weapons.

    The size of the other ape's cranial vaults was limited by the size of their molars and the oversized anchoring points on the sides of the skull where their massive jaw muscles were attached. All of which was necessary for cracking nuts and grinding raw grains, but once it switched to carnivorism, H. Habilis's jaws shrank, which allowed its cranial vault to enlarge, making way for a larger brain, to be fueled by all the protein it was eating.

    It was a positive feedback loop. The more meat H. Habilis ate, the more erect he walked, the more his brain grew, the smarter he became, the more dexterous he became, the better armed he became, and the better he could hunt. Repeat ad infinitum.

    Because meat is such a concentrated source of energy, it was only the (successful) hunting apes who could afford to take significant time out from the basic needs for survival and redirect them toward insuring its future needs. This wasn't just surviving, this was creating progress for their species. Things like inventing new tools, making better clothes, building dwellings and creating the breast implant. Two million years on, the reason we are the only ape that can build skyscrapers and write symphonies and put men in space traces directly back to Homo Habilis, the ape that learned to hunt for a living. I'll be goddamned if I'll forsake 2 million years of my ancestors' hard work to put me at the pinochle of the food chain by imitating a cow, just to appease some inbred, microcephalic mouth-breathing metrosexual who thinks meat is murder.

    Every mammal that has its eyes in the front of its head and incisors bordered by canines is a borned carnivore and a predator. Without question, being both is in our DNA. If G-d (or Gaia) had made us ruminants instead, then we'd be perfectly suited to grazing, but that's not how we turned out.

    Besides, if your family spends the next 10 generations subsisting on dandelions and bean sprouts, you're fating your gggggg-grandchildren to revert to being pea-brained, pot-bellied, knuckle-draggers.
    Re the potato blight I know for comedic effect but not exactly accurate why so many people died.

  24. #24
    SwoleAnchelada is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter View Post
    There's no reason you couldn't achieve all the same goals on a vegetarian/vegan diet so long as all macro and micro nutrient requirements are met. It would be more difficult though.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    In theory yes, in actual life not a chance

    Amino acid profiles, volume of food, etc wouldn't allow it to happen

    I'd also venture a guess that the gastrointestinal strain to process All the food necessary to achieve the quoted statement would probably lead to health issues that trump any claim someone could make on why vegutarian/vegan is healthier

    I don't usually support OBs opinions because he prefers the shock value approach, but I respect the hell out of his comments because they are true, and he hit the nail hard on the head for this one, to paraphrase: for men: sack up, kill something and eat it, your body will repay you with success
    For women: ovary up, kill something eat it, your body will repay you wi success

  25. #25
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I was a vegetarian for 3 years and it was the heaviest ive ever been... i was around 230lbs at age14/15.
    Most of it was fat but still.....

    100%agree with veggies and vegans in their reasoning. Animals dont need to die for humans to thrive. We want them to die because we want big muscles and they taste good and we arr too lazy to combine different natural foodd to form complete proteins...

    Anyway im off to eat some tuna

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    This doesn't surprise me...lol

  26. #26
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,522
    Look at history. People like the salad eating, wine drinking French girly boys were always getting their little wimpy asses kicked by meat eating, beer drinking men, like Germans and Russians.
    David LoPan likes this.

  27. #27
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,282
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I was a vegetarian for 3 years and it was the heaviest ive ever been... i was around 230lbs at age14/15.
    Most of it was fat but still.....

    100%agree with veggies and vegans in their reasoning. Animals dont need to die for humans to thrive. We want them to die because we want big muscles and they taste good and we arr too lazy to combine different natural foodd to form complete proteins...

    Anyway im off to eat some tuna

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Little Bill Daggett: You'd be William Munny out of Missouri. Killer of women and children.

    Will Munny: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.
    .................................................. .................................................. .......
    Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.

    Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

    [aims gun]

    Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.

    Will Munny: Yeah.

    [fires]

  28. #28
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,321
    I felt really guilty last night as I was eating my steak, I kept thinking of all the innocent plants that died to feed that steer up to butcher weight.
    Obs likes this.

  29. #29
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,282
    All this vegan shit comes from people that are extremely soft due to being taken from their natural enviornment. They are spoon fed what they believe is reality.

  30. #30
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,336
    And this thread took a wrong turn.....

  31. #31
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,624
    i think there was a member here a long time ago that was a vegan bodybuilder, can't remember what his name was

    i love to eat the game and fish i caught and hunt. they eat the veggies for me

  32. #32
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Tried both for two months for “fun”, will never do it again, ever. That being said, I’m a nutrionist and like to practice what i preach. They both have their place. However meat FTW

  33. #33
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,884
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Look at history. People like the salad eating, wine drinking French girly boys were always getting their little wimpy asses kicked by meat eating, beer drinking men, like Germans and Russians.

    Your comment reminded me of this:


    guitarzan likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  34. #34
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Your comment reminded me of this:


    Haha, that was awesome!

  35. #35
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Great post

  36. #36
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,576
    The most "elite" athlete I've ever heard of who tried to be vegetarian was triathlete Mark Allen. He's Buddhist so he kept vegetarian for religious reasons. For the first seven years of his Iron Man career he battled fatigue, which he was attributing to overtraining. From 1982 to '88, the best he managed was to come second in the world championships (and did so twice). Then in 1989 he found he couldn't stop fantisizing about red meat so the next morning he had steak and pancakes for breakfast. And his fatigue "instantly" was cured.

    "...Almost instantly I felt this warmth in the center of my stomach. It was obvious that there was something in that meat, either iron or protein--probably both--that my body really needed....

    ...It wasn't overtraining. It was nutritional stress.
    Allen started adding red meat to every meal. He didn't lose a race for the next two years and won six of the next seven Iron Man world championships.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  37. #37
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,885
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Look at history. People like the salad eating, wine drinking French girly boys were always getting their little wimpy asses kicked by meat eating, beer drinking men, like Germans and Russians.
    Priceless. lol

  38. #38
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,885
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    i think there was a member here a long time ago that was a vegan bodybuilder, can't remember what his name was

    i love to eat the game and fish i caught and hunt. they eat the veggies for me
    True. Veganroid or something like that!

  39. #39
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,885
    Tried raw vegan diet....ripped my insides up....hospital stay..blood. Doc said some ppl are not good candidates.

    Iíve recently changed diet and am eating more veggies.

    Personally, gluten is harder on my gut then meat!

  40. #40
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Tried raw vegan diet....ripped my insides up....hospital stay..blood. Doc said some ppl are not good candidates.

    Iíve recently changed diet and am eating more veggies.

    Personally, gluten is harder on my gut then meat!
    Ate a dessert made from wheat a couple weeks ago, had no idea what it was other than tasty, so binged big time. Felt sick two days straight.

    I'll have all the friggin meat I like tho.


    Raw veggies sounds like torture. I believe no human is suited to, we just don't have the gut flora to process it (unlike herbivores).
    MuscleScience likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •