Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Shut growth plates

  1. #1
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357

    Shut growth plates

    Just thinking there...

    We preach on the forum about avoiding aas as there is a possibility of growth plates closing.

    I am now on trt and during my last bout of treatment of clomid 50mg ed my e2 skyrocketed. I suspect that would havr the same effect as if i were to have cycled at 17/18.

    I guess my growth plates have fused due to the e2 increase.

    I wouldnt have done it any other way as i feel trt is my salvation but just some food fpr thought for other guys.

    Im happy being 5'11 and getting my nebido lolì
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 12-30-2017 at 04:30 AM.

  2. #2
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,880
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Just thinking there...

    We preach on the forum about avoiding aas as there is a possibility of growth plates closing.

    I am now on trt and during my last bout of treatment of clomid 50mg ed my e2 skyrocketed. I suspect that would havr the same effect as if i were to have cycled at 17/18.

    I guess my growth plates have fused due to the e2 increase.

    I wouldnt have done it any other way as i feel trt is my salvation but just some food fpr thought for other guys.

    Im happy being 5'11 and getting my nebido lolì
    What is the height of your Dad and mom? Or any brother? Granddad? My step son is not going to grow at 21 and has not since 17. I have seen a few of his friends be shorter until they hit 20 but their parents were both very tall.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    What is the height of your Dad and mom? Or any brother? Granddad? My step son is not going to grow at 21 and has not since 17. I have seen a few of his friends be shorter until they hit 20 but their parents were both very tall.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Im the tallest in my family lol. Parents are 5'5 and 5'8

    Postman must be tall.

    Im for sure nearing my max. I might even be 6ft atm haveny checked in a while... it doesnt bother me at all. I like 5'11.

    I just made yhe thread for speculation purposes lol. I wondered if clomid would do the same thing as aas.

    I was essentially running a long ass pct. I started on 50mg a day of clomid in august and i added in 40mg nolva per day a month and a bit ago
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 12-30-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

  4. #4
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    An AI or Novla are used to keep growth plates open in those undergoing pituitary hormone replacement such as in HGH treatments. Novla blocks the action of estrogen on the growth plates causing them to fuse.

    There is actually a rather sophisticated doping program for high level highschool athletes going on to play college sports that require height such as basketball and football. It’s not really been exposed in any way yet at least it’s not getting the attention in the press. Basically kids are doping with HGH to increase their height to improve their chances of getting selected to a better college.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  5. #5
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    An AI or Novla are used to keep growth plates open in those undergoing pituitary hormone replacement such as in HGH treatments. Novla blocks the action of estrogen on the growth plates causing them to fuse.

    There is actually a rather sophisticated doping program for high level highschool athletes going on to play college sports that require height such as basketball and football. It’s not really been exposed in any way yet at least it’s not getting the attention in the press. Basically kids are doping with HGH to increase their height to improve their chances of getting selected to a better college.
    Thats interesting. I wasnt aware that sort of thing went on.

    Thing is nolva was startef after i got the high reading to combat my increasingly worrying gyno issue i was self dosing it
    Didnt tell my doc i was using. Ai was implemented Fter the high reading also so im not sure if it had enough time to close them if it did


    Thanks both for your input

  6. #6
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Thats interesting. I wasnt aware that sort of thing went on.

    Thing is nolva was startef after i got the high reading to combat my increasingly worrying gyno issue i was self dosing it
    Didnt tell my doc i was using. Ai was implemented Fter the high reading also so im not sure if it had enough time to close them if it did


    Thanks both for your input
    It takes awhile. But it’s easy to tell with a standard X-ray.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  7. #7
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    An AI or Novla are used to keep growth plates open in those undergoing pituitary hormone replacement such as in HGH treatments. Novla blocks the action of estrogen on the growth plates causing them to fuse.

    There is actually a rather sophisticated doping program for high level highschool athletes going on to play college sports that require height such as basketball and football. It’s not really been exposed in any way yet at least it’s not getting the attention in the press. Basically kids are doping with HGH to increase their height to improve their chances of getting selected to a better college.
    Interesting. In which ages do they use HGH and nolva? Can't know you wanna play b-ball at 8.

  8. #8
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Interesting. In which ages do they use HGH and nolva? Can't know you wanna play b-ball at 8.
    Typically highschool, it’s huge down in Miami. that’s the only reason I know about it from my time down there. But started talking to some AAU coaches and such and it’s an unspoken thing apparently. A Kid goes from 6’1 to 6’7 over a summer. You hear it all the time in College b-ball recruiting sites. (I’m a huge college b-ball fan) now when I hear it I think yeah, i know how that happened...lol
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  9. #9
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    I stopped growing height-wise at 13. Third leg also stayed the same.

    Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •