• 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 3 Post By Mooseman33
  • 1 Post By clarky.

Thread: Haters in the Gym?

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

Haters in the Gym?

Anyone have guys that hate on you in one way or another in the gym?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    Anyone have guys that hate on you in one way or another in the gym?
    No, but I’m and admitted hater. Any dude that’s bigger than me or more cut than me (which is all of them) or any chick that won’t date me. I mean mug...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Lmao......

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Haters in most gyms. Previous one I was in there was always someone who would eyeball people. One guy got pissed at him and went up and asked if he had a problem, he looked like a deer in headlights and pretended he had no clue what was going on. Lol if I could remember all the funny stuff I've seen this would become a tremendously long post.

Now the gym I train at now is more serious, the clientele is a bit more serious too, I definitely know there's lots of haters there too they just don't show it. Do dumbbell bench press next to a guy who happened to be using lighter weights and the jealousy kicks in and they leave after one set like if they're doing HIT but not to failure LOL!!!
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

I don't understand the hater mentality, everyone is there to do the same thing, make themselves better. Makes no sense but pisses me off alot while at the gym. I had to stare down this one guy today cause I was just tired of it. I personally try not to make eye contact with anyone.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Haters in most gyms. Previous one I was in there was always someone who would eyeball people. One guy got pissed at him and went up and asked if he had a problem, he looked like a deer in headlights and pretended he had no clue what was going on. Lol if I could remember all the funny stuff I've seen this would become a tremendously long post.

Now the gym I train at now is more serious, the clientele is a bit more serious too, I definitely know there's lots of haters there too they just don't show it. Do dumbbell bench press next to a guy who happened to be using lighter weights and the jealousy kicks in and they leave after one set like if they're doing HIT but not to failure LOL!!!
    I love the leave after you lift more than them thing it's classic hater.
    I don't hate on people that are in better shape than me it actually motivates me to push harder.
    lovbyts likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I dunno if I really use the term hater much n e more

More, like that weirdo that thinks he's hot shit

On the opposite end - y hate, if someone is bigger or better shape then me it just motivates me.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont understand the hate. If i see some guy bigger then me pressing some absurd weight im gonna nod and say yo dude that was f*ckin sweet! And maybe learn a tip or two. Theres more than one way to skin a cat. We’re all good at different stuff.

However if i see some frail dude acting like hot shit on a machine or bench i want to use, I’ll get uncomfortably close and put a little pressure on him to finish up. Especially if hes sitting on the god damn thing playing with his phone
    lovbyts likes this.

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess this is the opposite -

But,

I think it's dope when u see some half assed looking joe average jump on the bench & rep triple plates with clean form - like daum, u get a nod every time. . . . . LoL

I find it to b cool shit at least
    Octaneforce likes this.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    another reason why home gyms are better than regular gyms, hater population 0.

Although I see having haters in your life is a good thing, they only hate you because they're jealous of you and that your not in the same fucked up situation as they are..

The more haters you have, the more winning you do. it's the Hater:Winning ratio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    another reason why home gyms are better than regular gyms, hater population 0.

Although I see having haters in your life is a good thing, they only hate you because they're jealous of you and that your not in the same fucked up situation as they are..

The more haters you have, the more winning you do. it's the Hater:Winning ratio.
    I agree brother to be honest most are just admiring you when you look good...they all wish they had what you have and it butt hurts them...I just laugh inside...luckily they can all say I'm obviously on steroids that's why I look like I do and they don't because they are natty...and in need of excuses...
    bethdoth likes this.

Yeah but you know how it is Mack, its all ego. Its hard for a dude to check the ego at the door, its not in our nature. Doesnt bother me one bit- when i got back into the gym i was weak, like a 12 yr old boy. All i did was make sure one of those haters was around when i would bench, and ask them to spot me. Figure if they are gon a stand and stare, may as well do somethin productive. Did that with one guy for a few wks- he prob laughed at me at first, but once he saw increases every wk, i never saw him standing around anymore when i was there, he was workin

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I get a lot of people stirring at me and watching me do lifts. In time they do come over and talk but majority just stir and out of the corner of my eye I see them say to their friends "fuking hell have you seen him" it kind of helps me in my lifts to pish to the intensity I prefer training in.

We only have 120lb DB in our gym so when I go heavy I duct tape 5lb plates to the ends to get my 135's. I definitely see some staring in the mirror behind me.

I just think to myself where are the old jokes now?
    RaginCajun likes this.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I get a lot of people stirring at me and watching me do lifts. In time they do come over and talk but majority just stir and out of the corner of my eye I see them say to their friends "fuking hell have you seen him" it kind of helps me in my lifts to pish to the intensity I prefer training in.
    Must be Aussies
    RaginCajun likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never ever seen a hater in the gym, didn’t know it existed... yeah well.

It is kinda fucked up, I don’t judge anyone for simply looking at me, that’s ok and doesn’t need to be hate at all.
    But there are some, but usually not that many in the gym, much more outside the gym I feel.
    In the gym, most that look will eventually come over, give a nod or whatever, something that shows its interest and not hate.

Out in “nature” however,
    lots more haters. Usually men but even some women will be skeptical.
    The women change their tune if I talk to them. They just expect me to an asshole.
    Even met a couple of girls that afterwards said they only met me to prove that I was the asshole they suspected I was, and then we have a laugh about that, as by the time they tell me this we usually have had sex (or become friends, whatever happens) and all is right in the world.

But my feeling is that the majority of hate and envy is outside the gym.

I don’t know how many unfit guys I’ve seen inhale deeply and swagger past me on the street. I swear, if I had filmed it would look like a parody, and that they were just joking or screwing with me. But no, I’ve noticed that is just a sort of instinctual response in some assholes.
    I’ve tried talking to some that have done this, just asking them directions or something to see how they’d react and they behave incredibly nice then, almost in a perplexing way.
    And if I’m my usual courteous niceguy back to them it’s almost like I can see they get a hard on for me sometimes.
    (Not literally, hehe!)

But I know I can look very aggressive (or something, idk, I’ve heard the word scary being used, which is total BS, as I’m a very harmless dude) sometimes when I’m lost in my own train of thought, and when I notice people looking at me then they usually shrink away. So it depends on my mood I guess.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I gotta admit, I can be a hater, but only towards the jackasses that won't put up their weights!

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    any you guys ever get into physical fights in gym?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I gotta admit, I can be a hater, but only towards the jackasses that won't put up their weights!
    That’s one thing yeah!
    I can get a little haty on that too.

Blog Entries
    When u have haters in the gym - you're doing something right
    destroyingit likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I completely tune out the guys in the gym for the most part..I’ll get a random guy staring like the guy yesterday couldn’t stop staring warmed up really hard got his straps on and 4 plates on each side to do shrugs ..or the guys who get on the bench next to me to do side lateral raises with 60’s grunting and snorting while I pull my 25’s to the sky..I try to break down as much muscle and release as much dopamine as possible in the gym ..my goal is not impressing anyone..I respect anyone in there working out properly and giving it 100 percent I don’t care how much weight they are lifting or what they look like..
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Blog Entries
    As long as these ass bags r safe

I swear they just wanna get in my space - wtf, gtf away from me

People r too scared to talk to me, so I just get retarded stares - kinda cool sometimes

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Few wankers here and there...

I don't know if this would be categorized as a hater but there's this 1 trainer in the gym that keeps eyeing me. If I help someone in the gym that's a noob he gets really annoyed. He acts like I'm taking money out of his kid's mouth's or something. The noob would hurt himself if I don't say something. Very uncomfortable lifting when he's around.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I don't know if this would be categorized as a hater but there's this 1 trainer in the gym that keeps eyeing me. If I help someone in the gym that's a noob he gets really annoyed. He acts like I'm taking money out of his kid's mouth's or something. The noob would hurt himself if I don't say something. Very uncomfortable lifting when he's around.
    That's because you are lowering his salary. If they could they'd copyright the facts and expressing them. He probably doesn't have much expertise to live off of beyond what you tell newbies...

Fuck that! And I kinda know what you mean. I don’t know if it’s just cause they don’t know shit, or it’s because they might think you (or me) are acting as personal trainers of our own.

I could kinda see the argument there, since regular PTs have an agreement with the gym and usually pay a lot of their salary to them, but it’s still very childish and only reinforces the notion that they don’t know enough about their shit to be competitive.

A good PT shouldn’t be threatened by anyone. But I have encountered kinda the same, but maybe not that extreme. I say fuck him!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the trainers are the dicks in my gym. they all think they are the shit and they are nothing but jerkoffs.

now i do fvck with them on a daily basis but thats just me. lol

Thats kinda typical scotch-ive run across one or two like that-they have the mentality that they are the "trainers" and they have the knowledge. Moreso than somebody that comes in to work out. Generally its the younger guys that react that way, and not all, but in general they have a sense of superiority because of the title they hold in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    the trainers are the dicks in my gym. they all think they are the shit and they are nothing but jerkoffs.

You baaaaad boy. LOL

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Lots of ppl stare at big guys ffs, i get this all the time. Lmfao, what you laughing at ?? Cunt

Ppl want fast results eh ?. So they think the big guy in the gym (me) cheated. .
    Last edited by clarky.; 04-04-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    marcus300 likes this.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

r u off of your meds??? wait it was your ex

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I like throwing weights I just used in the trash.

"these are fucking spent, no good anymore. do t use them"

you'll defiantly get haters like that.lol

destroyingit is offline New Member
    I try not to get distracted by haters or people staring or anything, but I do like to work out solo. Unless I’m spotting you or you’re spotting me, we likely won’t have much interaction. I know I have what others have called a resting angry face, I just look angry when I’m not smiling. Also I really try hard NOT to look at how much others are lifting, worrying how I look or that someone is lifting more is another big distraction, so I tend to focus solely on what I am doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tharris50 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its kinda cool when a young guy goes and gets his friend, they stop over and actually have legit questions..haters gone hate tho, just keep it movin and let them hate, wish, hope or whatever they doin while they in the corner peeking at you!

Blog Entries
    Well, I think I'm starting to get more haters

Sorta

More female ones at least - they don't really hate on me as much as the wife when she walks up to me & they have been starring me down for the last 45 mins

I get a laugh out of the guys that hate on steroids because its "cheating" but they open their gym bag and have 13 bottles of pills and powders from GNC to help them grow.

tharris50 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I get a laugh out of the guys that hate on steroids because its "cheating" but they open their gym bag and have 13 bottles of pills and powders from GNC to help them grow.
    Lmao!! They are natural dont ya know!

Thread Information