jeffefrijoles is offline Associate Member

Best defense against acne

Gonna use DHT derivitives (masteron /var/winny) in my cycle and worry that I am acne prone. What are my options for defense, prevention/treatment? What has worked for you? Thanks!

JackBauer is offline Associate Member
    I personally havent had that much of a problem with acne. However, I heard keeping a bottle of dawn in the shower works really well.. It will dry the shit out of your skin but I hear it works well... hope this helps

Exit to the rear, now!!! You are running out of time!!! Thanks Jack Bauer... Anyone else...? Looks like I should have some Nizoral shampoo on hand? Should I just use it during cycle, or only if I start noticing hair loss? Whats the thoughts on finasteride or dutasteride, and how they affect gains? Thanks!

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Get to a derma and get an oral and a topical. Worked wonders for me

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    Get to a derma and get an oral and a topical. Worked wonders for me
    what did you get?

jAcKeD!!!! is offline chemically engineered
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffefrijoles View Post
    Gonna use DHT derivitives (masteron/var/winny) in my cycle and worry that I am acne prone. What are my options for defense, prevention/treatment? What has worked for you? Thanks!
    showering twice a day , one being after you have workout keeps the acne away

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jAcKeD!!!! View Post
    showering twice a day , one being after you have workout keeps the acne away
    it helps, but dosent keep it away, for me

jAcKeD!!!! is offline chemically engineered
    ya me too... i miss one shower and there they all come back

Ya, I shower twice already, once right after I work out. I'm still natty, but when I'm in an anabolic state and consistent with my workouts, my natty test levels must rise, resulting in more estrogen after aromitizing and I get bacne. Just worried that it will get even worse when I start AAS, especially with the DHTs. I may go see a derma before I start to get something now - I'll just be honest with him and my concerns.

mick86 is offline Member
    I have suffered from reasonably bad acne in the past so before my cycle I completed a second course of Roacutane (called Acutane in the USA) and had little acne during my test deca cycle. I did get some towards the end (especially in my jaw line) and it got worse in the few months following my cycle. Had some annoying cysts on my chest. I found that using simple over the counter benzyl peroixide liberally as described on the following site http://www.acne.org/regimen.html worked wonders for my fce. Its best used to prevent acne from formig but can also help to trreat it. Iv used benzyl peroxide in the past but it was nowhere near as effictive when I diddnt use enough. Iv started taking an antibiotic Alprim (Trimethoprim) and between that and some cortisone shots into the cysts have cleard up minus sum purple marks left where the cycts were(they were there for a few months.) Iv attached a pic of after the cortisone shots but when some the cysts were still on my chest. The three centeral purple marks especially the upper one still look similar but its been less than a month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best defense against acne-chest-acne-small.jpg  

Thanks mick. Did you use that on your back at all? Would be hard to wash and apply to that area... guess I'll have to find a gal who's willing to shower with me. Oh, wait... done!

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    get some accutane and run it right before your cycle

How much accutane and for how long? I hear its petty nasty stuff - hard on the ole bod?

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    No I'm taking it right now to avoid acne during my upcoming cycle ... i'm doing 20mgs/ed for 3 months.. my skin looks great

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffefrijoles View Post
    Thanks mick. Did you use that on your back at all? Would be hard to wash and apply to that area... guess I'll have to find a gal who's willing to shower with me. Oh, wait... done!
    My back stayed pretty clear but ive heard of people using it there with success. Ovbiously having someone to help apply it would make things much eaiser, but if u look around that site I gave you they mention some kind of aplication stick type device for geting to hard to reach places. The problem is the bigger that you get, the less of you that you can reach, lol.

Btw benzoyl peroxide has a endancy to bleach clothing and fabrics so if you use it watch out for that. I use it at night and use an old white pillow case. I also put on a old white singlet if applying it to my torso to prevent discoloration.

Thread Information