RyanRoss is offline Associate Member

An update on my court case!

For anyone who missed what's going on:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...46#post4886146

I was being charged for a D Felony with 1cc of sustanon (2cc were used in testing) and 1 syringe.

I got some very good news, and some bad news... Heres the FIRST OFFER I have been given:

-6-12 months of anti-drug classes AKA Narcotics Anonymous. I'm the first person in the history of Indiana to have to go to this class for anabolic steroids . I took English Lit as a minor in college and honestly may right a memoir about this experience no joke. If I complete the above, my charges will be DISMISSED COMPLETELY. No trace of them at all, no record, GONE, DONE, FINISHED.

Here's the bad news:

My would-be military career is completely 100% ****ed unless World War III breaks out. Those were the direct words of my Marines recruiter. The only way I'd be able to enlist is if I entered a plea of NOT GUILTY and the charges were dismissed. I'll tell you now how I got this offer:

#1. I can't say which, but I'm a member of the largest and oldest fraternity in the world if that says anything.

#2. One prosecuting attorney is a member of this fraternity.

#3. One prosecuting attorney is a former figure competitor. I was stunned when I found this out today.

#4. It was my first offense and I was in good moral standing.

#5. My wife's brother is a prosecutor here and put in a good word for me.

I had not even entered my plea today and was called to update my status on getting an attorney. Upon all of this I was the last person in the courtroom. My attorney sent me into the hallway and my attorney, the prosecutors all went up to the judge, and he came back out with this agreement. This is just their first offer we haven't even had a formal hearing yet!

So the good news is I'm going to get these charges dismissed and I can keep my financial aid. The bad news is that my military career as an officer is 100% ****ed unless this is dismissed on a not guilty plea, or until I finish college and enlist as a grunt.

Guess there is some justice for AAS after all...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sucks man for only 1cc! If they only knew...

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Is there any hope of a better deal. Can you possibly plead guilty to a lesser charge? A non drug related charge.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I'm happy to hear about that bro. I was following your last post. Congratulations. Could have been way worse. Hang in there!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Man I feel for you, I sure do. But you really shouldnt be airing this on an open forum my friend.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was really shooting for the death penalty for you

Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    Is there any hope of a better deal. Can you possibly plead guilty to a lesser charge? A non drug related charge.
    This was just the first offer he thinks he can knock it on down to a non drug related misdemeanor charge. If that were the case then I would just have to take the courses, enlist, and that charge would be dropped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Man I feel for you, I sure do. But you really shouldnt be airing this on an open forum my friend.
    I'm going to close this down shortly. I just wanted to update everyone

Might I suggest that you delete the name of area in which you live. Without that information, you're safe from internet spies.

Quote Originally Posted by Almond View Post
    Might I suggest that you delete the name of area in which you live. Without that information, you're safe from internet spies.
    Got it taken care of. Thanks for the watchful eye bro

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you are a Master Mason huh???

Sounds like you should just plea not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    you are a Master Mason huh???

Sounds like you should just plea not guilty?
    I've thought about it, but there are some things against me in this case. I think the prosecutors are trying to get a win/win situation for the both of us the best they possibly can. They know I just wanted a square deal.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    1cc?? haha whats that supposed to do. our government are a bunch of idiots

system admin is offline Owner
    Ive stopped trying to figure out what the **** our gvmt thinks. Nothing is really fair. We have no lobbiests to speak for steroids , but smoking, alcohol, and many over the counter drugs that are FAR more harmful (and proven) are all over the place.

The gvmt creates a law for steroids but has ZERO research going on about them.

If you guys expect things to be fair and balanced... tune to FOX news, cause it sure isnt with Uncle Sam

Im sorry to hear about that man. How the FUK did you get caught with 1cc?!!!

skeldno is offline Member
    move to the uk then you cant get charged for posession :-)

Duma23 is offline Junior Member
    Goodluck mate hope it works out.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Damn man ... I hope they figure out a better way... Somebody always Owes somebody else a favor

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    fk man,, take the classes and be done with it. If thats all you have to do then thats a great deal. That bust prb saved your life anyway if you get my drift

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    dont take that deal.
    thats 12 months of being on paper, thats a long time.

those classes are filled with crack/heroin junkies. the crazy thing, they will all look at u like ur crazy to do/have AAS.

goodluck man

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    dont take that deal.
    thats 12 months of being on paper, thats a long time.

those classes are filled with crack/heroin junkies. the crazy thing, they will all look at u like ur crazy to do/have AAS.

goodluck man
    God you're right...I just got a promising job offer too. Ugh. I guess I'll find out where this thing goes. I'll keep you guys posted. I know, major junkies but I will be looked at as the craziest of them all that's whats going to be so comical! I'm seriously considering writing a memoir of this. Would you guys be interested in reading it if I wrote one?

My main goal is to show the everyday people who don't understand our lifestyle that we're not a bunch of mindless meathead addicts. I also want to go in depth into how steroid law should not be lumped in comparison with other highly addictive destructive and dangerous drugs and give examples, as well as write about my own personal experience on how this has changed my life. I basically just want to completely DIVIDE us from the everyday major drug user.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    fk man,, take the classes and be done with it. If thats all you have to do then thats a great deal. That bust prb saved your life anyway if you get my drift
    Which bust? Hellfire labs?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRoss View Post
    God you're right...I just got a promising job offer too. Ugh. I guess I'll find out where this thing goes. I'll keep you guys posted. I know, major junkies but I will be looked at as the craziest of them all that's whats going to be so comical! I'm seriously considering writing a memoir of this. Would you guys be interested in reading it if I wrote one?

My main goal is to show the everyday people who don't understand our lifestyle that we're not a bunch of mindless meathead addicts. I also want to go in depth into how steroid law should not be lumped in comparison with other highly addictive destructive and dangerous drugs and give examples, as well as write about my own personal experience on how this has changed my life. I basically just want to completely DIVIDE us from the everyday major drug user.
    dude you broke the law and got caught red handed,, there not gonna find you not guilty. Take the pretrial diversion and do the classes.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Go to the meetings and be grateful you don't have to go to jail.

gigabitbucket is offline Associate Member
    At least it will be off your record, trying to be positive!
    You will make more $$ on the outside!

Good Luck!!

ancientgr is offline Junior Member
    if the charges are off your record, why couldn't you apply to the military after you are done the courses? therefore, nothing would show up on your record, right?

you would have to postpone your officer training and applications for nearly a year.

am i missing something? you got a conditional discharge from what i am reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgr View Post
    if the charges are off your record, why couldn't you apply to the military after you are done the courses? therefore, nothing would show up on your record, right?

you would have to postpone your officer training and applications for nearly a year.

am i missing something? you got a conditional discharge from what i am reading.
    That's what I thought. Taking this agreement means I still have to enter a plea of GUILTY even though the charges would be dismissed. To the military its the same as if I still committed the crime. I'm just grateful I'm getting off this lucky

sarc is offline New Member
    ryanross. what degree?

charlesriley is offline Associate Member
    get in the military, would you rather be free and not eligible or fight and maybe win, tell them to drop it to a class b or c misdeameanor and you may get a win win sit. pleadin guilty to a class c or b is still good for the marines

when they see your gonna fight or they can drop to class c or b they will drop, there case load is too heavy not 2

thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member
    CHALLENGE the lab test. You need a lawyer that will discredit the lab test as much as possible. They will be forced to retest...with a very minimal amount....there is a protocol for how much needs to be used. Your lawyer need to request a discovery if he hasnt already and get all the documentation for the test. If everything isnt in tip top shape he needs to challenge it big time...even if it is...challenge it.

also, find out about all the false positive science and shotgun it at once while you suggest that if the case was dropped down to a class b misd you would plead guilty, big case load and a potential wobbly case will work in your favor and they will see it as a oppritunity to close and win at the same time and lighten thier load-- youll get a class b. ,

basically you need to reduce the charges while you make it look like you will raise hell the longer the case is open. and get your lawyer to postpone postpone and postpone smore, after it festers down lawyers care less about the face value of a case and care more about organizing and lightening the load and saving face simultaneously, DEFFERED ADJUCATION is not dismissal especially to the department of defence.

if you can postpone for the next two years you will see things tip in your favor, maybe even be able to shoot for statute of limitations.

i went through a felony ordeal and today have a clear record and i am in delayed entry. my lawyer postponed for two years and challenged the evidence at the same time. if you can do this and gather up moral support the DA will see that he may be holding back to much water for his own good.

i know postpone and raise hell look like two different things but they are not, its a attrition thing

you need to write letters and have them endoresed by official people like school principals, biz owners your bosses and even politicians local or state or fed if you can, shoot for ventura and arnold to endorse(mail) raise hell and have your lawyer postpone at the same time making the DAs perception of things look bleak to him. , take this tactic and the DA may catalyze his anger and fight but most likely he will get frustrated and grab a chance to save face and reduce the charge. in my case he did not care and motioned the court for full dismissal.(dismissal by judge/ dismissal with prejudice)

look at everything from the da point of view of the DA not urs and remember he has a large case load and stress. let him know you know this and he will slam you down, or manipulate the situation and look like a victim of the system while you raise hell from the back nine and you will win or at least win your freedom,,,

this is all of course if you want to be a marine still, or you can take the deal even though deals are thought up on the fly by DA's and never as thought out as much as later deals.
    Last edited by charlesriley; 10-12-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Thread Information