Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57
  1. #1
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49

    Bad depression/anxiety possibly from many different things please help!

    Ok so first of all i would like to thank you for taking time to make an effort in helping me and if you have any bit of HELPFUL advice please post.

    I have had really bad anxiety/depression and just a irritable feeling/mood for about a month now. One of my friends talked me into taking Sustanon 250 (stupid i know) started taking SuperPump 250 both about a month ago when i started to feel the effects. As soon as i felt this feelings i had never felt i stopped with all supplements and after a week the problems were diminishing as i thought, then the week after that i didnt feel to bad. So i went to go lift again but i took only some superpump 250, nothing else. After my workout the feeling of anxiety and the inability to concentrate came on again, lasting up until this day on and off. I like to think the effects are tapering off but they still linger there however i dont think it is a worse as it was but i have quit all substance for bodybuilding. I had bloodwork done and everything came back ok. ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPECIATED.


    My guesses:
    1. it was a bad reaction with the sustanon and superpump
    2. sustanon brought out the depression
    3. i had a allergic reaction with superpump or the sustanon
    4. its all in my head in the depression came on naturally.


    Please no flaming for this is a serious situation for me. Thank you.

    P.s i will not be using the sustanon or superpump anymore no matter what.

  2. #2
    G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Scenic Purgatory
    Posts
    3,859
    Anxiety and Depression are things you will want to go to the doctor to talk about. Its hard to tell what caused them, but if you are still having issues with them, talk to your doctor.

    I am not advocating the use of any SSRI's, but in some cases, and possible yours, they may work. Drugs such as Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa and Lexapro are all used to treat Depression. Talk to your doctor to see what they believe you should do.

  3. #3
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by going4ripped View Post
    Anxiety and Depression are things you will want to go to the doctor to talk about. Its hard to tell what caused them, but if you are still having issues with them, talk to your doctor.

    I am not advocating the use of any SSRI's, but in some cases, and possible yours, they may work. Drugs such as Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa and Lexapro are all used to treat Depression. Talk to your doctor to see what they believe you should do.
    Alright, i went to one and he blamed it on the supplements. I mean i figured it i told him i took a 1/2 amp of test he would then blame it on that. He seemed to not wanna be there so he kind of went through the motions rather than help me, he just recommended blood be taking for a blood test and when everything came back fine he blew me off....

  4. #4
    G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Scenic Purgatory
    Posts
    3,859
    They prob did the blood work to see how your Testosterone levels were, which obviously can affect your mood. But, blood work doesnt show signs of depression. You will have to answer some questions that gauge your overall mood with you saying on a scale of 1 - 10 how you feel. Then they will calculate your answers to see if you fall in the range of true depression.

    Go to another doctor, dont let them blow you off.

  5. #5
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by going4ripped View Post
    They prob did the blood work to see how your Testosterone levels were, which obviously can affect your mood. But, blood work doesnt show signs of depression. You will have to answer some questions that gauge your overall mood with you saying on a scale of 1 - 10 how you feel. Then they will calculate your answers to see if you fall in the range of true depression.

    Go to another doctor, dont let them blow you off.
    Alright thank you. But yea my father asked them for a copy of the blood work and there was no T levels on there so i dont think he tested for them which also makes me upset with him because blood test arent cheap.

  6. #6
    aussie09 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26
    Are you on anti - depressants man?
    I went through depression about a year ago, from other things in my life, I was on anti-ds and i found that when i took pre workouts, the next day i felt crap. I did some research and pre workouts actually stop the medication from working, so the day you take the pre work out, your not actually getting your dose of med for that day.
    I would just sujest man getting off the steriods /pre workouts. Keep taking protein but, i found out it was good for depression. Try some Vitamin C. But overal just keep your head up man and let us know how your going

  7. #7
    dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    *no sources i wont reply*
    Posts
    14,140
    Blog Entries
    1
    stuff like superpump makes me feel like shit, any of those type stimulants make me jittery

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by going4ripped View Post
    Go to another doctor, dont let them blow you off.
    Unless it's a female doctor of course, coz you're gonna wanna let a female doctor blow you off.

  9. #9
    SniperDoc's Avatar
    SniperDoc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    54
    I personally would not just balme the AAS. What i can read from your statements is that you took 1 dosage of Sust 250.....corect???

    I would think that the anxiety/depression is deeper rooted than that. Have you had a change in lifestyle in the last 4-6 months....ie..girfriend/wife/ or both left you. You found out you are loosing your job, money troubles????etc.

    PM me if you would like

    Respectfully
    -SniperDoc

  10. #10
    Chev's Avatar
    Chev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The gym or the kitchen
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Almond View Post
    Unless it's a female doctor of course, coz you're gonna wanna let a female doctor blow you off.

    Almond.... your fired.

  11. #11
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    878
    Pre-workouts contain caffiene which makes u jittery.. At least for me anyway

  12. #12
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie09 View Post
    Are you on anti - depressants man?
    I went through depression about a year ago, from other things in my life, I was on anti-ds and i found that when i took pre workouts, the next day i felt crap. I did some research and pre workouts actually stop the medication from working, so the day you take the pre work out, your not actually getting your dose of med for that day.
    I would just sujest man getting off the steriods/pre workouts. Keep taking protein but, i found out it was good for depression. Try some Vitamin C. But overal just keep your head up man and let us know how your going
    Im not on any anti depressants at the moment. I figure that this would go away after a while but it really hasnt so it looks like im gonna have to look towards anti depressants. Will those affect my workouts or anything?

  13. #13
    Merc. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In The Q & A
    Posts
    8,440
    You can see if you have a DR. in your area that follows Dr Mart Hinz protocol .. I have seen amazing results in people that have used his protocols .. He has a 100 % success rate in treating depression .. check this link out ..


    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ght=marty+hinz


    Merc.

  14. #14
    got fina?'s Avatar
    got fina? is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    677
    I too am going through something similar. Feeling somewhat depressed, and at times draggin myself through the gym. I definately dont feel the way i used to, just a few years ago, when i could stay in the gym for 3 hours and feel like i didnt even work out.

    Unfortunately all a doctor will do is go by your bloodwork, and iff all checks out, your on your own.
    Theres not much a doctor could do to help, especially since most doctors know less than u about steroids .
    Well im still feeling the same way, and since all my bloodwork came back perfect, im gonna just learn how to live with it. Its nothing i cant handle, and will continue to take small cycles here and there.

    I guess thats the price one must be ready to pay if you wanna play with steroids!

  15. #15
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by got fina? View Post
    I too am going through something similar. Feeling somewhat depressed, and at times draggin myself through the gym. I definately dont feel the way i used to, just a few years ago, when i could stay in the gym for 3 hours and feel like i didnt even work out.

    Unfortunately all a doctor will do is go by your bloodwork, and iff all checks out, your on your own.
    Theres not much a doctor could do to help, especially since most doctors know less than u about steroids .
    Well im still feeling the same way, and since all my bloodwork came back perfect, im gonna just learn how to live with it. Its nothing i cant handle, and will continue to take small cycles here and there.

    I guess thats the price one must be ready to pay if you wanna play with steroids!
    Thats good to hear that im not the only one! yea im the same way, lacking motivation and i just feel so out of shape in the gym. I too used to think hey this workout isn't big enough im gonna do some extra but now i catch myself cutting everything short. Which im sure isn't helping me conquer whatever this is that is affecting me..

  16. #16
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Is it possible for my batch of sustanon to have to much alcohol or something that made me react like this? Also i have heard that when people buy AAS in large bulks made from underground labs etc. they decide to throw a fake one in the bulk because they know the buyer will not notice until they sell it to one of his branches and the flip out like me. Is this common or maybe something that happened to me?


    P.s: i have 2 friends on the exact same stuff and they have had exceptional results..


    THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES GUYS!!
    Last edited by jenkrob; 11-20-2009 at 12:58 PM.

  17. #17
    got fina?'s Avatar
    got fina? is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by jenkrob View Post
    Thats good to hear that im not the only one! yea im the same way, lacking motivation and i just feel so out of shape in the gym. I too used to think hey this workout isn't big enough im gonna do some extra but now i catch myself cutting everything short. Which im sure isn't helping me conquer whatever this is that is affecting me..
    Wow bro u hit that on the bullseye. Thats exactly what im currently going through. I used to look foward to going to the gym. I used to drop anything and choose the gym over it. I used to work out where others where saying i was over training, and get incredible results.

    Nowadays i cant wait to leave the damn place, im constantly finding things to do before the gym just to not have to go yet. (LIKE RITE NOW!!)

    Try doing what im currently doing, which is helping alot. Just say to yourself that theres nothing wrong(because according to your blood work there isnt) and this is just the way your body is. And fight through it like theres nothing wrong.

    Good luck bro! Keep me posted on how things are going.

  18. #18
    Ghost84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44
    I got some things to say to Jenkrob and gotfina.

    First of I wonder whether jenkrob had any moral thoughts or if u were affraid before taking them, thinking of the side-effects and so on. Was it ur first run using steroids ?
    Cause if u deny things they will catch up with you. And if that isnt the case then I guess that u either dont tolerate high dosages of caffeine and all the other stuff stuffed in pre-workoutproducts or u just reacted bad to the elevated dosages of testosterone . Ive heard that many people start feeling moodswings among other things a few weeks in and after a while they subside. But the funny thing is that Ive actually heard a similar story were a person took like one or two amps of sustanon 250 and got problems, but it shall be mentioned that he was really drunk and that might have tipped him over.

    In any case. I do not question that these feelings really came from nowhere. But once u got them, did u get really affraid and started obbsessing and trying to figure out where they came from like this "is it the steroids? what if its not? am I starting to losing it?" You know sometimes u get stuck with a problem that isnt really there. Ask yourself if the problems really is something that comes from within, something subconsious, or if it is feelings as a result from fearing that u will never get the same again. U understand the difference. The anxiety might come from the fear of not getting well rather that really being a psychologic or physiologic problem.
    Hope I made myself somewhat clear, Im from sweden so im obviously not using my native tongue here.

    And got fina. Let me ask u if u are in a situation where u just train and trian and dont really have a goal and also dont know anything else?
    I find that this is a common situation...

    My very best regards to you all // Ghost84

  19. #19
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost84 View Post
    I got some things to say to Jenkrob and gotfina.

    First of I wonder whether jenkrob had any moral thoughts or if u were affraid before taking them, thinking of the side-effects and so on. Was it ur first run using steroids ?
    Cause if u deny things they will catch up with you. And if that isnt the case then I guess that u either dont tolerate high dosages of caffeine and all the other stuff stuffed in pre-workoutproducts or u just reacted bad to the elevated dosages of testosterone . Ive heard that many people start feeling moodswings among other things a few weeks in and after a while they subside. But the funny thing is that Ive actually heard a similar story were a person took like one or two amps of sustanon 250 and got problems, but it shall be mentioned that he was really drunk and that might have tipped him over.

    In any case. I do not question that these feelings really came from nowhere. But once u got them, did u get really affraid and started obbsessing and trying to figure out where they came from like this "is it the steroids? what if its not? am I starting to losing it?" You know sometimes u get stuck with a problem that isnt really there. Ask yourself if the problems really is something that comes from within, something subconsious, or if it is feelings as a result from fearing that u will never get the same again. U understand the difference. The anxiety might come from the fear of not getting well rather that really being a psychologic or physiologic problem.
    Hope I made myself somewhat clear, Im from sweden so im obviously not using my native tongue here.

    And got fina. Let me ask u if u are in a situation where u just train and trian and dont really have a goal and also dont know anything else?
    I find that this is a common situation...

    My very best regards to you all // Ghost84
    Wow very nice reply. You seem to know what your talking about.

    Yes this was my first cycle, i didnt get nervous or anything im rather good with shots and stuff. Ive been considering AAS for a while and once i actually got my hands on some stuff that i thought i knew was legit i was very excited to start and i couldnt wait. I have caught myself obsessing but i cant really get my mind off it because when i do i get that ere feeling in my chest and then i start thinking about it again. I do have that worry that i will never be the same like i used to i just want it to be over-with and i will avoid AAS until i feel differently about them which will be a long time. When i go to lift i feel as if i am horribly out of shape and just after doing one set of something i find myself short of breath and my heart beating pretty good. Where before i got caught in this stuff i felt as if i could lift for hours and hours. The motivation is gone, appetite has suffered such as sweeter things sound really good now and i cant eat everything i can get my hands on, i dont feel like doing anything really except sleeping but sometimes that can be hard because the anxiety comes on.
    Last edited by jenkrob; 11-20-2009 at 03:31 PM.

  20. #20
    big_k's Avatar
    big_k is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by jenkrob View Post
    Wow very nice reply. You seem to know what your talking about.

    Yes this was my first cycle, i didnt get nervous or anything im rather good with shots and stuff. Ive been considering AAS for a while and once i actually got my hands on some stuff that i thought i knew was legit i was very excited to start and i couldnt wait. I have caught myself obsessing but i cant really get my mind off it because when i do i get that ere feeling in my chest and then i start thinking about it again. I do have that worry that i will never be the same like i used to i just want it to be over-with and i will avoid AAS until i feel differently about them which will be a long time. When i go to lift i feel as if i am horribly out of shape and just after doing one set of something i find myself short of breath and my heart beating pretty good. Where before i got caught in this stuff i felt as if i could lift for hours and hours. The motivation is gone, appetite has suffered such as sweeter things sound really good now and i cant eat everything i can get my hands on, i dont feel like doing anything really except sleeping but sometimes that can be hard because the anxiety comes on.
    Hey bro, I kind of went through what you're describing, hell maybe it even could of been diagnosed as depression, but I usually like to try to fix my own problems. I won't go into the details of WHY, but I'll give you a glimpse of what I was up to...
    I was sleeping more than usual, I'd avoid hanging out with friends, and was content keeping to myself. When I would meet with people I was usually colder than usual. And lastly I would half ass my workouts or straight up skip them, to compound the problem I would not care about diet, and decided I was "dirty bulking" to justify my bad eating. As you can imagine this kind of behavior only lead to further disappointment, because my body was reflecting my decisions and that kind of put me into a deeper hole.

    I am not really sure what motivated me, but one day I realized I can't control a lot of things in life, but there is some things I can. Like My diet and workouts, so instead of making that a negative (that I didn't want to do) I decided I would wake up the next day super early and workout before I had the strength to make excuses. It was a decent workout, and pretty solid intensity I felt good afterwards. I looked in the mirror and wasn't happy with myself, but I also knew I had the tools to change myself physically, and also from within. I cleaned up my diet, and made diet and exercise my two pillars.

    I had the urge to cheat a lot, early on, but I got over it by thinking couple weeks/months in advance to my goals. I setup daily goals, weekly, monthly, 3 month, 6 month and year goals. (for myself, body wise, and professional, socially etc) I wrote them down, and read them everyday. I Know this is BS for some people, but reading my goals everyday gave me structure and I remembered why I was doing what I was.

    Needless to say, after about a month, I was bouncing back quick. Whether I was depressed...I don't know, but if I had low levels of something in my brain, exercise and diet gave me a purpose and leveled me out. Since then I kind of got over, but the toughest part was that initial first step to saying no more feeling sorry for myself, no more laziness, no more sleeping, I guess I almost willed the wrongs away from myself.

    Sorry for the short novel, I am not sure if it was much help but you're not alone bro a lot of us have been there at one time or another. Take care, and you'll be back to your old self (or even better!) sooner than you think.

  21. #21
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by big_k View Post
    Hey bro, I kind of went through what you're describing, hell maybe it even could of been diagnosed as depression, but I usually like to try to fix my own problems. I won't go into the details of WHY, but I'll give you a glimpse of what I was up to...
    I was sleeping more than usual, I'd avoid hanging out with friends, and was content keeping to myself. When I would meet with people I was usually colder than usual. And lastly I would half ass my workouts or straight up skip them, to compound the problem I would not care about diet, and decided I was "dirty bulking" to justify my bad eating. As you can imagine this kind of behavior only lead to further disappointment, because my body was reflecting my decisions and that kind of put me into a deeper hole.

    I am not really sure what motivated me, but one day I realized I can't control a lot of things in life, but there is some things I can. Like My diet and workouts, so instead of making that a negative (that I didn't want to do) I decided I would wake up the next day super early and workout before I had the strength to make excuses. It was a decent workout, and pretty solid intensity I felt good afterwards. I looked in the mirror and wasn't happy with myself, but I also knew I had the tools to change myself physically, and also from within. I cleaned up my diet, and made diet and exercise my two pillars.

    I had the urge to cheat a lot, early on, but I got over it by thinking couple weeks/months in advance to my goals. I setup daily goals, weekly, monthly, 3 month, 6 month and year goals. (for myself, body wise, and professional, socially etc) I wrote them down, and read them everyday. I Know this is BS for some people, but reading my goals everyday gave me structure and I remembered why I was doing what I was.

    Needless to say, after about a month, I was bouncing back quick. Whether I was depressed...I don't know, but if I had low levels of something in my brain, exercise and diet gave me a purpose and leveled me out. Since then I kind of got over, but the toughest part was that initial first step to saying no more feeling sorry for myself, no more laziness, no more sleeping, I guess I almost willed the wrongs away from myself.

    Sorry for the short novel, I am not sure if it was much help but you're not alone bro a lot of us have been there at one time or another. Take care, and you'll be back to your old self (or even better!) sooner than you think.
    Sounds kind of like me and what im doing. did you have anxiety through the roof? Ive been tryin to hit the gym no matter how hard it is and and i try to do more and more and it feels good after. Time heals all wounds i guess! Thank you for the reply!

  22. #22
    big_k's Avatar
    big_k is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by jenkrob View Post
    Sounds kind of like me and what im doing. did you have anxiety through the roof? Ive been tryin to hit the gym no matter how hard it is and and i try to do more and more and it feels good after. Time heals all wounds i guess! Thank you for the reply!
    I had some anxiety at night, but it wasn't too bad. Mostly had the blues.

  23. #23
    Ghost84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44
    jenkrob you know what? I think that you got really scared when you started to feel those feelings you initially felt, and when they didnt get away fast enough, you got even more scared til u reached the point of getting traumatized. Let me ask u if your mood goes up and down by the minute as you obbsessing with your feelings. One second you get to think of something good, and the next u start to doubt, and then you get to think of someting else and you feel better and the next sec u once again feel worse. This goes on and on and on am I right??
    Now listen to me, if this is whats goin on then I tell you. You will get better. You see your mind gets tired in the end and you are going to end up thinking of other things but in the meanwhile, til u get to a point where you can start to discuss with yourself again about whether to take steroids again or not I have a little tip for ya.

    Try to see things everyday that you suddenly can do that you couldnt before cause you felt so bad and was so nervous. Be it finishing a whole workout or sit still during a whole movie or just manage to swallow one more potatoe than yesterday of your dinner. All the small things counts. and they will add up to something great.
    And listen to big k he gave you, in my opinion really great advice on the goals you have to make in life. And remember as he wrote, not only in your training!!!
    We cant make ourselves dependent on our training or physique to feel good about ourselves. Lets say you start doin steroids again and start getting the physique of your dreams...you can still be in a car accident and loose your hands, what do you do then???
    You always need distance to what you are doin and have a plan B.
    There is nothing wrong with giving a certain interest a 100% dedication. But when you get depressed or anxiety attacks cause u dont have big enough biceps?? really in the end, what the **** does big biceps count for??? Your friends, your family, society couldnt care less if you got 18 inch arms or whatever. They like you because they love you as a person, not as a physique. I know a good body helps your selfestem but dont get dependent on it.

    Damn I got carried away there..

    Long story short...I dont think you are deppressed or suffer to some steroidinduced anxiety disorder. But I think you are really, really scared of not being well and obbsesses about it...you are in a wheel man and that wheel cant roll forever so trust me, sooner or later you are gonna end up on a straight road ahead

    And dont take any anti deppressants!!!

  24. #24
    dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    *no sources i wont reply*
    Posts
    14,140
    Blog Entries
    1
    you can get pissed in this game if you feel your not gaining as much as you thought but as above put it into context, think about how much stronger you are than the ordinary man in the street and try just to enjoy your training and the rest will come

  25. #25
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Wow ghost thats exactly how i feel. I catch myself anxiety free when im doing something that gets my mind off it like playing a video game that i like, then the race ends and ill like sit up to face and i will feel a little dizzy, which is natural. But that is enough to get me back to thinkin and here comes the anxiety. I am glad you know exactly what im going though and that i will get better. Hopefully it will be straightened out by christmas. Anyways thank you for that write and im really glad you took the time to write it because i honestly probably would of ended up having antidepressants thrown my way. I think it really is getting a little better as i go but this sh*t isnt easy at all!


    Thank you guys again for the helpful responses!

  26. #26
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    I cant see how adding other compounds/tablets into the mix is going to help that much. If these symptoms are effecting your everyday life then come off everything, do a proper PCT and get back to normal.

  27. #27
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I cant see how adding other compounds/tablets into the mix is going to help that much. If these symptoms are effecting your everyday life then come off everything, do a proper PCT and get back to normal.
    i only did 1/2 amp of the sustanon then i stopped because of the anxiety and bs. now i have 9 1/2 amps left of the sust. so im 100 dollars out of the deal but o well. ive stopped all off my supps also

  28. #28
    ted666's Avatar
    ted666 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    southern ca.
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I cant see how adding other compounds/tablets into the mix is going to help that much. If these symptoms are effecting your everyday life then come off everything, do a proper PCT and get back to normal.
    ^^^^^^^^^^x2^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    993
    I had anxiety problems about 3 years ago, I was having anxiety attacks (panic attacks) also, but I'm fine now.

    I went to see a counselor and she suggested that I get a notebook and write about how I feel every day. I ended up writing pages upon pages each day. I found that it helped.

    As you know, anxiety can be caused by actual situations going on in your life, or it can be caused by physiological problems. My own anxiety began as a physiological problem... but once the anxiety came in I began to become anxious about actual situations in my life... which in the end actually helped me out because I was in a position to actually think about issues that I'd never spent the time to resolve before.

    Anxiety is a bastard but there's one good thing I can say about it... once you've had it once, you're far less likely to have it again. It's sort of like crashing a car... when you're 18 you drive around like a lunatic but once you've crashed a car once, the odds of it happening again plummet!

  30. #30
    aussie09 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by jenkrob View Post
    Im not on any anti depressants at the moment. I figure that this would go away after a while but it really hasnt so it looks like im gonna have to look towards anti depressants. Will those affect my workouts or anything?
    If your situtation doesnt improve, have a look at anti depressants, but be careful man. They helped me, but the withdrawal effects from coming off them are horrible. Whatever you do, dont go any containing venlaxafin hydrocloride (i think thats how its spelt). I was on that for about 2 years, and it took me about 6 months to taper off it. The withdrawal side effects are worst then the depression.
    So just do some research, even try herbal stuff like st johns wort.

  31. #31
    Little Herc's Avatar
    Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    326
    Ive battled anxiety and mild depression since I was a teenager and still have minor bouts with anxety.

    Anxiety being one of the worst things anyone can have.

    I think my Anxiety is rooted in a fear of losing control. Sometimes i can just watch movies of someone doped up and it makes me trip out. Like ghost said a few post up I think i was traumatized during my first bout with fear that I couldn't control. It showed what my mind was capable of creating. This is an ignorance that really is bliss and no one wants to know about. I was smoking pot at the time and i think if i hadn't of smoked pot as a teenager i wouldn't have ever found out about this luxury of the mind and i would be more normal today.

    That being said if your anxiety is similar to mine you want to stay a away from uppers in general but Especially from Caffeine. I'm not proud of it or promoting it but Ive done my share of amphetamines, crank, cocaine. None of the substances flipped me out like taking a bunch of nodoz caffeine pills. I was working 3rd shift and thought that since i had done other drugs Caffine was nothing so i took a hand full. That ended up being the second worst exp of my life. I had to go sit in the bathroom and pray for it to pass till my boss let me go home (the worst night of my life being 12 hours straight of panic sweating and my heart beating out of my chest after no sleep and a night of 1 too many line of cocaine i guess) I dont recommend it. I dont wanna come off as an ex drug addict ethier. Just in case your thinking "well thats what is wrong with him " I did this maybe 20-30 times when i was younger. I did it for recreational use a few times. I knew by looking at the people who did it a lot that i wanted to keep all my teeth and sanity so it wasn't a lifestyle or anything.

    For a long time i wouldn't let any chemicals in my body when i was having attacks for fear that the change in my mind would make it worse. Get a doc to give u some xanex or valluim and avoid the temptation of taking them for recreational purposes. These drugs are good to have on hand if your a having a severe attack. These drugs dont really change your state of mind as much as they change ur body response to it. Once your nerves are calm and out of the picture the thoughts go because they are no longer reacting to the racing adrenaline. So you don't care anymore. Chain reaction broken.

    I took paxil for a long time and it did a good job of getting rid of panic attacks and that "living on the edge" feeling that most people prone to having panic attacks have. It got rid of all anxiety's for me, even social anxiety's. Paxil does make u very lethargic and it also kills all your emotions. I could also see how it could kill your sex drive if u have a low libido before you start it but for me it just helped the big guy do his thing when i wanted him too. It's very bad when u quit taking it or miss a day tho. Then your emotions come back and you will feel like a woman on her period for about a week. Head spinning, anxiety, and just a general feeling wanting to cry about everything lol. (I did quit taking it cold turkey tho which it plainly states not to do) Sometimes i do want to go back on it just because i enjoyed being more outspoken since when im not drugged up i'm kinda quiet. I've never really taken anything else so their might be some better options out there now.

    You have got to realize that you are not crazy. When i was a teenager what made my freak out more than anything is that i knew something wasn't right in my head and I was literally waiting on the walls to start talking to me. Your not a schizophrenic or bi polar or any of those other things that make people talk to them selves and drown their children a bathtub. The fear of thinking i was crazy drove me crazy. It will get better and this too shall pass. Have faith.

    Sorry if i rambled on i just trying to share something that no one shared with me.
    Last edited by Little Herc; 11-22-2009 at 04:40 AM.

  32. #32
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,629
    Blog Entries
    6
    You should feel like a million bucks on Sust. It is possible that the Superpump is effecting your anxiety levels. I have problems with anxiety I notice if I take stimulants that it makes it worse. After all they are neurostimulants.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    993
    I agree about Caffeine. If you're tinkering near the edge of a panic attack, caffeine is what will kick you over the edge. I stopped drinking Coca Cola for about 3 years and I only started backed drinking it a few weeks ago because I'm sure that I'm over it.

  34. #34
    countrybhoy's Avatar
    countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    You can see if you have a DR. in your area that follows Dr Mart Hinz protocol .. I have seen amazing results in people that have used his protocols .. He has a 100 % success rate in treating depression .. check this link out .. .


    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ght=marty+hinz


    Merc.


    i dont want to sound like a prick here m8 but you cant cure depression so he dont have 100% record he has a 0 % record i have suffered from it for near 20 years it dont go away . you learn to live with it knowing that not all days will be bad . and when it gets to its lowest you need to learn to scream for help .the Anxiety is a killer im a big enough lad yet only last week a little shrimp banged into me while i was shopping with my wife i said sorry to him and panicked cause my wife was not beside me . the fear that hits you when Anxiety attacks is real and scarey
    Last edited by countrybhoy; 11-22-2009 at 06:27 AM.

  35. #35
    Ghost84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44
    All you guys who experience anxiety and stuff..did u do that before steroids ?
    Is there anyone that thinks steroids helps with anxiety in any way?

    Back to you jenkrob. You will experience that you get moments without anxiety, and those moments will get longer and longer, and all of a sudden a whole day passes without anxiety. You will probably fall back but this will happen less and less often til those days of nightmarish existence are nothing but a memory. Trust me. But be patient and dont loose focus and keep yourself busy! Try new things or do things you like!

    I think Little herc also points out something important, you are not crazy. I think your reaction to the situation is the reaction of a very healthy human being getting scared. The thought of losing your mind and be permanently ill is a really scary thought and if u didnt react to a thought like that would be anything but a sign of a healthy mind.

    I came to think of something that my grandma told me some time ago when I was going trough a hard time. I was feeling sorry for myself and told her.
    Sher looked at me with a big questionmark in her face and asked me where in gods name did I read that life was supposed to be easy? -Ive never read or got told that in my life, she said. And she has been trough some shit I tell you that!

    And I think she right, sometimes things happen thats ****ed up and you just have to deal with it. Its ok to feel sorry and shit but you can never let those feelings get the best of you.

    Jenkrob you said u felt depressed? No wonder, you have anxiety!! You dont need pills for that , trust me.

    This is not something I read in a book but my own opinion, so this might not be right. But I think that aslong as you have anxiety its a sign of your body and mind telling you not to give up. It is as a fact a fight response anxiety.
    But if that day comes when you dont care anymore and dont even get out of bed. Then we have another story....

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by countrybhoy View Post
    i dont want to sound like a prick here m8 but you cant cure depression so he dont have 100% record he has a 0 % record i have suffered from it for near 20 years it dont go away.
    99% of people will experience depression during their lifetime, it's normal in the course of human life.

    You say you've had depression for nearly 20 years, and yes that's unfortunate. But depression and anxiety can definitely be overcome. I used to be a nervous wreck 3 years ago but now I'm absolutely fine. Really, I feel even more stable than I was before I had the problems because now I know I've been through it all and that I can deal with it. I almost feel like I'm immune to anxiety now since I know it inside out.

    you learn to live with it knowing that not all days will be bad . and when it gets to its lowest you need to learn to scream for help .the Anxiety is a killer im a big enough lad yet only last week a little shrimp banged into me while i was shopping with my wife i said sorry to him and panicked cause my wife was not beside me . the fear that hits you when Anxiety attacks is real and scarey
    Have you ever been to see a councellor/psychiatrist? I did, and it helped. Basically all they do is ask you questions. They don't ask questions to get answers from you, but rather they ask questions to get you thinking, to make you understand why you feel the way you feel. And once you understand why you feel the way you feel, you can start changing things.

    Really you get get by all this and be in a better position than you were even before you had problems. I'm not saying it will be easy for you to overcome 20 years of depression, but I'll definitely say that you can overcome it.
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 11-22-2009 at 12:23 PM.

  37. #37
    jenkrob is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost84 View Post
    All you guys who experience anxiety and stuff..did u do that before steroids ?
    Is there anyone that thinks steroids helps with anxiety in any way?

    Back to you jenkrob. You will experience that you get moments without anxiety, and those moments will get longer and longer, and all of a sudden a whole day passes without anxiety. You will probably fall back but this will happen less and less often til those days of nightmarish existence are nothing but a memory. Trust me. But be patient and dont loose focus and keep yourself busy! Try new things or do things you like!

    I think Little herc also points out something important, you are not crazy. I think your reaction to the situation is the reaction of a very healthy human being getting scared. The thought of losing your mind and be permanently ill is a really scary thought and if u didnt react to a thought like that would be anything but a sign of a healthy mind.

    I came to think of something that my grandma told me some time ago when I was going trough a hard time. I was feeling sorry for myself and told her.
    Sher looked at me with a big questionmark in her face and asked me where in gods name did I read that life was supposed to be easy? -Ive never read or got told that in my life, she said. And she has been trough some shit I tell you that!

    And I think she right, sometimes things happen thats ****ed up and you just have to deal with it. Its ok to feel sorry and shit but you can never let those feelings get the best of you.

    Jenkrob you said u felt depressed? No wonder, you have anxiety!! You dont need pills for that , trust me.

    This is not something I read in a book but my own opinion, so this might not be right. But I think that aslong as you have anxiety its a sign of your body and mind telling you not to give up. It is as a fact a fight response anxiety.
    But if that day comes when you dont care anymore and dont even get out of bed. Then we have another story....
    Yea i have had my share of days of feeling depressed throughout this last months venture. You sound like you have had exactly what im having because as long as i stay busy its out of my mind, and as long as i tell myself its not permanent i feel better, the i seem to have less and less anxiety each day for the most part. Some are a little more than the day before but tolerable. Thank you for all of the help.


    Thank all of you guys for the great responses! You guys have helped me a ton!

  38. #38
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,245
    I just stopped with my hrt and i feel SO much better. Its like a weight was lifted off my back, Ill never touch it again. Now I just pray I recover, man I was stupid for not ever coming off !!

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  39. #39
    countrybhoy's Avatar
    countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Almond View Post
    99% of people will experience depression during their lifetime, it's normal in the course of human life.

    You say you've had depression for nearly 20 years, and yes that's unfortunate. But depression and anxiety can definitely be overcome. I used to be a nervous wreck 3 years ago but now I'm absolutely fine. Really, I feel even more stable than I was before I had the problems because now I know I've been through it all and that I can deal with it. I almost feel like I'm immune to anxiety now since I know it inside out.

    Have you ever been to see a councellor/psychiatrist? I did, and it helped. Basically all they do is ask you questions. They don't ask questions to get answers from you, but rather they ask questions to get you thinking, to make you understand why you feel the way you feel. And once you understand why you feel the way you feel, you can start changing things.

    Really you get get by all this and be in a better position than you were even before you had problems. I'm not saying it will be easy for you to overcome 20 years of depression, but I'll definitely say that you can overcome it.


    i see councellor and psychiatrist every week m8 . my moods can change it the matter of mins . i trying to learn to cope but im on medication . but some days i just pull the covers back over my head and cry . was only about 6 weeks ago i tried to over dose . . would have worked to if my wife had stayed in bed . she got up middle of the night found me on the bathroom floor out cold . but hey we all have our problems

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by countrybhoy View Post
    i see councellor and psychiatrist every week m8 . my moods can change it the matter of mins . i trying to learn to cope but im on medication . but some days i just pull the covers back over my head and cry . was only about 6 weeks ago i tried to over dose . . would have worked to if my wife had stayed in bed . she got up middle of the night found me on the bathroom floor out cold . but hey we all have our problems
    Sorry to hear that man. Really man I'm lost for words, I feel like I shouldn't say anything because I'm not a professional about all this.

    I made light of depression in my earlier post by saying that everyone will experience it in their lifetime and that it will go away, but I see now that it's a on-going thing for you.

    I don't know if I should even say this but there's a thought running through my mind. I hear they've been looking into using Ecstasy for patients in therapy sessions. From my experience, Ecstasy is the number one drug to totally open your mind and let you explore your thoughts without any fear or anxiety. Me and my friends used to always say "Once you try it once, you're never the same", and we meant that in the sense that you learn things about yourself that you may never have learned in your normal conscious life.

    I'm not promoting the use of illegal drugs, and I have to admit even as I'm typing right now it seems like an outrageous suggestion, but I feel like I have to say it because it's something I think might actually work. Added to that, there was a study to show that taking Ecstasy is far far safer than horse riding. Horse riding ends in tragedy every 1 in 350 cases. Ecstasy use ends in tragedy in less than 1 in 10,000 cases.

    Again I have to stress, I'm not promoting recreational use of Ecstasy.

    You can do a web search for "ecstasy psychotherapy". There's loads of psychiatrists now supporting it, but it still has been adopted because obviously there's a huge potential for abuse of the drug...
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 11-23-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •