951thompson is offline Senior Member

cutting though PCT after bulking cycle, advisable?

After a bulking cycle, what would the effect be of beginning a cutting diet during PCT? Would I lose all my gains?

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In my opinion if you're going to be a steroid user it makes no sense to cut when you're not using steroids . We all know steroids can help you build muscle and strength, this is a given, but one of the primary benefits of AAS use are their anti-catabolic properties. When you diet, in order to lose fat you must be in a calorie deficit. This is a given. However, regardless of how well planned your diet is, in a calorie deficit you will lose some lean tissue. Of course, the idea behind a good diet is to not only maximize fat loss but protect as much muscle mass as you can...still, some will be lost. Introduce anabolic steroids into the same cutting plan and the problem is solved...at least for the most part.

The long and short....if you're going to use steroids , once you come off cycle do your best to maintain the lean tissue you've gained, at the same time, do your best to not gain any more body fat. Once you're ready to cycle again, then start dieting and see the results pay off. Of course, this isn't the only way you can do things. You can most certainly go right into a cutting cycle or cruise on low test doses in-between bulking and cutting plans, but this isn't for everyone. Those can be some long cycles and are generally best for guys with a good bit of experience and who live a really hardcore lifestyle...competitive bodybuilders whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    In my opinion if you're going to be a steroid user it makes no sense to cut when you're not using steroids . We all know steroids can help you build muscle and strength, this is a given, but one of the primary benefits of AAS use are their anti-catabolic properties. When you diet, in order to lose fat you must be in a calorie deficit. This is a given. However, regardless of how well planned your diet is, in a calorie deficit you will lose some lean tissue. Of course, the idea behind a good diet is to not only maximize fat loss but protect as much muscle mass as you can...still, some will be lost. Introduce anabolic steroids into the same cutting plan and the problem is solved...at least for the most part.

The long and short....if you're going to use steroids, once you come off cycle do your best to maintain the lean tissue you've gained, at the same time, do your best to not gain any more body fat. Once you're ready to cycle again, then start dieting and see the results pay off. Of course, this isn't the only way you can do things. You can most certainly go right into a cutting cycle or cruise on low test doses in-between bulking and cutting plans, but this isn't for everyone. Those can be some long cycles and are generally best for guys with a good bit of experience and who live a really hardcore lifestyle...competitive bodybuilders whatnot.
    Thanks for your reply, my plan has always been to cut once I've finished my cycle. Im 12.5% bf at the moment, I would like to get below 10%. So in your opinion cutting during PCT is not good? Would it be best to start cutting after PCT if I was to cut, or wouldn't it make a difference?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    cut once your test levels have returned to your base levels. not during pct
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    From what I have gathered, it's recommended not to cut during a PCT cycle; this time is fragile to keep the muscle that you have gained.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Try searching the site

Easy like this:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.UFmlyYl5nTo

fries is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't suggest it. You already feel crappy with low test, once you start seeing all your gains disappear from cutting during PCT... You'll realize why it's not recommended.

Im impatient is all, wanted to start cutting as soon as possible, message received tho guys, I will wait until after PCT to start cutting.

Thanks for the great advice

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Im impatient is all, wanted to start cutting as soon as possible, message received tho guys, I will wait until after PCT to start cutting.

Thanks for the great advice
    give it a month after that, at least.....

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    give it a month after that, at least.....
    ...otherwise you'll lose most, if not all, your hard earned gains.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    yip agreed just because you finished pct dont mean your fully recovered
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Thanks for the advice guys, I've still got 6 weeks left of my cycle, just putting a few questions out there as it's my first cycle. I might just wait til after Christmas to start cutting then.

When on PCT I know you should keep your calorie intake high, but with the reduction in hart rate is it sensible to cut your calories a few hundred? Im eating at a 700 calorie surplus, would it be a good idea to cut it to 300 surplus while on PCT? I don't want to end up fat lol

Thread Information