Jh42689 is offline New Member

Swollen injection point

I put a cc of test in each of my shoulders today and the left side swelled very quickly. Ive done this plenty of times and this is my first encounter with this. It dosnt really hurt, no more sore than usual but the swelling is kinda bad. The needles my stupid friend have were for insulin and were very small and my left shoulder bleed a decent amount when i pulled it out. Could i have pushed it in to fast or maybe not gone deep enough with the little needle? I guess im really just seeing if i should be concerned. This is my third cycle and thid is my first problem.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep an eye on it..I the swellin is still there in a few days, get it checked out. How steady were you when injecting?

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Shorter needles, 5/8" or 1/2" are usually not sufficient for IM injections and occasionally leave a portion of the Injection in a subcutaneous area which will cause a swell between the skin and muscle as well as impaired absorption.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"

Thank you

This definitely helped. This is my third cycle but i dont have many friends who are into it with me. My knowledge is limited. I believe it was the small little needle that caused it. The swelling has gone down some and is not showing any signs of infection so far. Probably just couldnt get all the way down to the muscle. Thanks again for sharing this Panntastic. It was VERY informative.

I was pretty steady. Ive gotten pretty good at it. I think im chalking it up to the needles mostly. The swelling has gone down some today and isnt hot. The needle was probably like half inch. It was a rookie mistake to try it any way even though i knew it would work right. I believe it only went deep enough on the right side is cause i shoved it in as deep as i could after seeing the swell on the left.

Thread Information