Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Why cant they?

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned

Why cant they?

I will agree that anything under 18 is young too cycle (just out of pure maturity) and I was just wondering why 14,15,16,17 year olds can't cycle? Like body wise

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412
    I will agree that anything under 18 is young too cycle (just out of pure maturity) and I was just wondering why 14,15,16,17 year olds can't cycle? Like body wise
    The same reason we caution any one under 25 - their hormonal cycles/neuroendocrine system may not be fully matured and manipulating this physiological system prematurely could have short and long term consequences.

BeastBro66 is offline Junior Member
    Let me start by saying that I am not an expert on this subject by any means.

I personally believe that kids shouldn’t really start weight training until they are about 14 years old. They need to give their body time to develop, both muscular and skeletal. Once they finally get started, they need to not only learn how to do the exercises, but how to use proper form. They also need time to learn how their body will react to different exercises and when to train which muscles. This takes years of experience to truly learn.

While they figure out how to weight train they will be focusing also on their diet. Again, at this age they would like to focus on eating healthy, doing the exercises correctly, and putting on a lean base. You always want to take as much advantage of natural growth as you possibly can. By the time they learn how to eat, train, recover properly, they will be 18 or older.

Again, this is my opinion mixed with personal experience. I started training very young, mostly with sit-ups, pushups, pull-ups. I thought I was cool by being able to lift the 500 pound leg press stack on the machine in gym class when I was 12. I’m lucky I didn’t split my side and I still think it contributed to my shortness (I’ll use any excuse). I started training seriously when I was about 15 or 16 and really didn’t get it all figured out until I was around 20 or 21. Even at this point when I hit a wall I found a way to add some bulk by way of things like creatine and changes to my diet. I built an incredible base that has stayed with me to this day. Even after all the abuse to the body and my massive weight gain and more recently, my weight loss.

I probably got off track, but I think you get my point.
    Last edited by BeastBro66; 06-09-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

The same reason we caution any one under 25 - their hormonal cycles/neuroendocrine system may not be fully matured and manipulating this physiological system prematurely could have short and long term consequences.
    Could you elaborate on the consequences? I'm not being a dick I'm just honestly curious

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    Thanks man

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412 View Post
    Could you elaborate on the consequences? I'm not being a dick I'm just honestly curious
    this is a constant subject that keeps coming up almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

this is a constant subject that keeps coming up almost daily.
    Haven't seen it even once, I only use the app and browse through the current threads not specific topics
    Last edited by Pittsburgh412; 06-10-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Haven't seen it even once, I only use the app and browse through the current threads not specific topics
    Stick around kid....

....ya aint seen nuthin yet! =)
    songdog likes this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412

Thanks man
    Thanks Songdog! Saved me from typing a long response on my phone.

In a nutshell, before the age of 25, the neuroendocrine system may not have reached full maturity. Taking exogenous hormones would suppress or completely shut down this system which may or may not recover fully, resulting in long term complications. The risk is ever present regardless of age but the general consensus is that the risks outweigh the rewards at young ages.

Hormones regulate so many processes (sleep, mood, appetite, digestion, immunity, memory, concentration, sex drive, growth, etc.) that a dysfunctional neuroendocrine system would be life altering!

here's one that's been going viral all day. You have to read the entire thread to get the info you need:

First cycle

there are a few more going around today, but sometimes it would not occur to you by the title the information in the thread.

Good luck!

---Roman

Thread Information