Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Far from massive
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Injection site pain and hard lump

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Injection site pain and hard lump

Sorry to be posting another thread like this but I have done some searching and nothing I can find has seemed to help me or answer any questions. I have ran three test e. cycles so far, the last one being more than two years ago. I always used ARL testoviron with a 1.5" 25g needle and always shot glutes and would have hit or miss pip but never any lumps. Well, Monday I start my cycle of test e. and dbol . I was a little nervous because I was trying a new source and a new lab (eurochem) but I did some research and a friend of mine actually ran products from this source and was happy with the results. Anyways, I checked my supplier on the labs website and it said they were a valid supplier, I also posted pictures here and it was confirmed to be real eurochem. I understand that dealing with UGL's is risky and believe me, I dont like it at all. My injection Monday went really smooth. I injected my right glute with 1.25mL using a 1" 25g needle instead of the 1.5" 25g that I always used in the past. I woke up Tuesday and had no pain at all and was thinking this gear was really good. Wednesday came and I had a lot of pain and had developed a hard mass/ lump at the injection site. Fast forward to today, the pain and size of the lump hasnt decreased at all and it has even started to itch a little bit. No redness that I can see but it does feel a little warm. On Thursday I was due for my next injection. I had my girlfriend who is an RN inject my left delt using a 1" 25g needle. Once again, the injection went great, its been two days since then and the pain is nothing compared to my glute but I do feel a slight hardness around the injection site and there appears to be a red area below the injection site.

Here is what I have tried- using very hot water on the injection site in the shower while massaging the area, I have been using a heating pad as well, and taking 600mg of Ibuprofen daily.

Could this be an infection caused by dirty or fake gear? Am I having a bad reaction to whatever they used to brew it? I noticed this oil is maybe a little thicker and lighter in color than ARL. At what point do I need o see a dotcor? I am a mechanic and get in and out of cars quite a bit throughout the day so you can probably see why I want to resolve this lol.

Also want to add the concentration of the gear is 250mg/mL

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Most likely not an infection. The lump is caused by the "deposit" of the androgens that crystallize intramuscularly. Which is what they are suppose to do. The IM injection is done to allow a slow and sustained release into the system. Your body is having an inflammatory reaction to the foreign substance.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Having squad that, if you get fevers or undo redness etc. You should check it out.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Thanks for the response bro.. I've had bad pip before but never a lump like this. Could it be because I used a 1" instead of my usual 1.5"? Or is there possibly something different about this gear that's giving me problems?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Thanks for the response bro.. I've had bad pip before but never a lump like this. Could it be because I used a 1" instead of my usual 1.5"? Or is there possibly something different about this gear that's giving me problems?
    we recently had another member have a similar problem while using a 1" needle in the glutes. Most would recommend a 1.5" needle in the glutes unless you are very lean.

of course the gear could be different...
    different oil, more alcohol, less sterile, different concentration, different ester, etc...

Ester and concentration should be the the same as the gear I used to run from the other lab... But you never really know with ugl's. I am about 15% bf and I have always used 1.5" for glutes but was told by a few people 1" would be fine. I guess I will switch back to 1.5" for glutes... I'm just afraid of getting an infection and having to abort this cycle because of junk gear, or gear my body can not tolerate.

So at what point should I go see a doctor? I spent a good amount of time with the heating pad today and it seemed to give some relief from the pain. Lump is still there and it's still pretty big. I'm really afraid to keep pinning this stuff... Having intense pain every time you sit down is miserable.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    If your really worried go and see the doctor for some antibiotics

Howerver your body should be able fight if its an infection, on its own

If its getting better, id just keep monitoring it, if it isnt getting better or is getting worse id visit my doctor

In terms of carrying on with the cycle, its hard to say as you have changed the length of the needle. At most id try one more shot with the needle you used to use. If its the same then its probably the gear.

I had some sustanon from organon, it came from karachi pakistan, pain from it was unbelieveable, shot in glutes i couldnt walk for 9 days or get in and out of the car etc, shot in deltd would be useless as couldnt train for a week.

I was young and naive and thought it was normal so kept pinning it, muscles got used to it and it was only painful for a couple of days eventualy, and i got great gains from it.

Had ive been more mature about it or could go back i would have binned the gear and sourced elsewhere, money was tight at the time as well, probably didnt want to spend more either.

Fantasm is offline New Member
    inject in delts! as a noob I can tell you that is by far the best place, every other place sucks

One thing I remember about the injection was it would go but then the plunger would just stop. I waited a few seconds and then I forced more in. I'm assuming because I always used 1.5" needles the scar tissue is deeper than the 1" needle went. Could this issue be caused by the oil sitting on top of scar tissue? Going on day 6 now and pain and lump are no better. If it was an injection or anything to worry about I would already have the symptoms of redness and fever right?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    One thing I remember about the injection was it would go but then the plunger would just stop. I waited a few seconds and then I forced more in. I'm assuming because I always used 1.5" needles the scar tissue is deeper than the 1" needle went. Could this issue be caused by the oil sitting on top of scar tissue? Going on day 6 now and pain and lump are no better. If it was an injection or anything to worry about I would already have the symptoms of redness and fever right?
    I would think so - the infection or your temp would be up(have you been taking your temp throughout the day)? Taking the ibuprofen will keep the inflammation down and may keep your temp down -

On the p,under thing - are you using 25g 1" pins? If so its probably from the thicker oil... I'll heat mine up in a heating pad and the plunger doesn't stick like it would w/colder oil... 23g and 25g are big difference in injection time...

Are you in the states? If so don't say anything about AAS - say it was a b12 shot or something... I would also go back to 1.5" pins for your glutes - especially at 15% - I thought I could get away w/1" but I'd rather bury a 1.5" for my glutes

No I haven't taken my temp... I feel ok just stressed about this. I will take it today though. I am in the states but have been prescribed trt injections so I would just say it was from that. I think next injection I will try running warm water over the syringe and going back to a 1.5"

Just took my temp- 98.1℉. That didn't seem right so I took it a couple more times and kept getting that number.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Since you seem to have some issue at both locations to me it sounds like a the gear my have been low on the BA/BB ingredients or the Test was just of poor quality and hence crashed at the depot.

If you had not injected deeply enough and the gear was dosed well with BA you would have probably noticed some burning in the first hours after injection (at least that's been my experience).

If you have other gear available I would switch and see if your issues disappear as 250 test e should be pretty damn smooth if the Test is good and the solvent/cosolvent proportions correct.
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

I do have some test c. for my trt... But not enough to run a cycle... My shoulder does have a small hard lump at the injection site and some redness but the pain from it isn't as debilitating as the pain in my glute... But then again I also don't sit on my shoulder. I would be really bummed to have to abort this cycle... This source was suppose to be very good... And to have to go out any try to find another one and risk going through this again would suck. Plus with the dea stepping up their steroid busts worries me. If I continue shooting this stuff could it cause scar tissue to develop or other issues? Or would I just be dealing with pain?

So I emailed the supplier... seems like a great guy and responds very quickly (literally within a few minutes) I asked if I possibly got a bad batch and this was his response- "Sorry for the trouble, i talked with EC about this issue before and they explained it, it is a long story, but shortly there is present too much of some acid in raw substance that is used there and it causes this PIP. It was just a little batch with this issue and unfortunately you got some of it". He said others have had this issue and that he is going to send me replacements for all the vials I ordered with a new batch that doesnt have this issue.

Blog Entries
    Try a ice heat contrast to help move the oil and crystals out. Should help with the pain also.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Red area on shoulder is spreading and very warm... Lump under site is really hard. I guess it's time to see a doctor.

So there is still some redness.... It has spread down to about my elbow and my bicep is a little sore. I have the hard lump at the injection site and it looks like my arm is puffy. Arm is pretty warm but no fever. Tired heat, ice then heat, anti inflammatories, massaging the site... Nothing seems to work. It's been a week since the injection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0289.jpg 
Views:	5474 
Size:	742.7 KB 
ID:	159624

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That picture is pretty much useless.
    We need a clear front shot with both arms, for comparison.
    Either way, it still just seems like PIP from Test E tainted with free carboxylic acid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0292.jpg 
Views:	1862 
Size:	953.9 KB 
ID:	159625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg 
Views:	4845 
Size:	958.3 KB 
ID:	159626

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It doesn't even look red. Just a bit swollen. I've personally experienced far worse and it cleared up on its own.

Yeah it is a little less red than what it was... Still pink and a little warm thought. Tomorrow will be one week since the injection and it's still like this... Think I should just let it ride and see what happens? You'll have to forgive me for being so worried... I've never had anything like this happen before lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    Yeah it is a little less red than what it was... Still pink and a little warm thought. Tomorrow will be one week since the injection and it's still like this... Think I should just let it ride and see what happens? You'll have to forgive me for being so worried... I've never had anything like this happen before lol
    I've seen lumps for weeks in peeps. Remember the compound is designed to be released from the muscle into your system slowly. It's called a depot drug because it is suppose to stay where it's placed for awhile.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Again, go to the MD if your that concerned. They don't turn you in to the po po. My buddy once saw a guy admitted to the hospital with a potatoe stuck in his ass. They couldn't even tell his family that.
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Just an update... woke up this morning and swelling in my bicep was gone... still warm and there is still a hard lump in my shoulder and in my glute, but they seem to be subsiding. Pain has also gone away. I am running my pharm grade test. until my new gear arrives.... hopefully I do not have this issue again.

I hope this is my last question- how long should I wait to inject the glute and shoulder I had a reaction with? Just wait until the lump goes away or wait longer than that?

Thread Information