Synhax is offline Associate Member

BP post cycle still high!

Sup guys, im on my second week of PCT (Nolva/clomid) after completing my 1st test-e cycle, and my blood pressure is still pretty high. Im sitting around 140/86, similar to what I had on cycle, and precycle numbers are around 124/72. Why is it still so high?? Its been about a month since my last pin. Is this normal? How long did it take you guys to go back to pre-cycle BP? Please let me know if this is something I need to see the doctor about, I dont want to risk long-term heart damage.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Three weeks ago you had a an e2 level of 176 pg/ml.

Having hypertension and high e2 is extremely unhealthy.

You should see a doctor.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Contrary to conventional medical wisdom, your BP isn't that bad. A know side effect of AAS Is an increase in hematocrit levels. Which is basically the viscosity of your blood. Your body has produced higher than normal red blood cells (RBC). This increases your hematocrit and thus your BP. AAS also increase your blood plasma volume to some extent too. Over time your BP will naturally drop. RBC's normal life cycle is about 90-120 days. As your RBC and blood plasma levels decrease, so will your BP.

I assume you are doing consistent cardiovascular workouts too?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Three weeks ago you had a an e2 level of 176 pg/ml.

Having hypertension and high e2 is extremely unhealthy.

You should see a doctor.
    Really appreciate you digging up my other post, i forgot to mention my high e2 levels during cycle, but im assuming its back to normal since my last pin was a month ago, unless it stays elevated even after you stop injecting? That was about 6-7wks ago, I upped the arimidex from 0.25mg eod to 1mg eod as soon as I found out my BW results. I suspect my AI brand is extremely under dosed or completely bunk tbh. I made an appointment with the doc next week to see what he says. It would be nice if you can clue me in a little as to why e2+hypertension is extremely unhealthy? Is it just the fact that e2 causes bloating leading to elevated BP? I know gyno couldve been an issue but I think I dodged that bullet thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Contrary to conventional medical wisdom, your BP isn't that bad. A know side effect of AAS Is an increase in hematocrit levels. Which is basically the viscosity of your blood. Your body has produced higher than normal red blood cells (RBC). This increases your hematocrit and thus your BP. AAS also increase your blood plasma volume to some extent too. Over time your BP will naturally drop. RBC's normal life cycle is about 90-120 days. As your RBC and blood plasma levels decrease, so will your BP.

I assume you are doing consistent cardiovascular workouts too?
    tbh cardio has been very inconsistent. I need to work on that. Thanks for input, i suppose donating blood might help with the increased RBC count? Or would that not help?

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Synhax
    tbh cardio has been very inconsistent. I need to work on that. Thanks for input, i suppose donating blood might help with the increased RBC count? Or would that not help?
    My BP has been elevated since I've been on cycle. Today I measured it at 150/90. I'm going to donate blood and see how that helps. I still have about 4weeks left on my cycle. And I ran out of aromatase for over a week.(got more yesterday) I'm wondering if my estrogen levels got elevated would that affect BP as well. I'll let you know if I get my BP down by Friday. K.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    My BP has been elevated since I've been on cycle. Today I measured it at 150/90. I'm going to donate blood and see how that helps. I still have about 4weeks left on my cycle. And I ran out of aromatase for over a week.(got more yesterday) I'm wondering if my estrogen levels got elevated would that affect BP as well. I'll let you know if I get my BP down by Friday. K.
    ya man let me know if your blood pressure changes after you donate blood, that would be good to know.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Synhax
    ya man let me know if your blood pressure changes after you donate blood, that would be good to know.
    No problem!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Not sure what you gained on cycle. But I would consider improving diet and do some cardio and lose a few lbs. I know this usually works for me.

Thread Information