tice1212 is offline Productive Member

why is it necessary to cruise when cycling steroids

I'm still trying to find studies or proof that when blasting and cruising thats necessary to cruise. I've heard a couple of reasons be no solid proof
    •it helps clean out ur receptors to make you receptive to the next blast (which if you think about it when you blast gear ur going get a positive response anyways)
    •it's healthy to come off (why?) I mean come on we're pushing oils that some dude made into ur ass. Anything is going to be healthier right? I can forsure understand about taking a break off of orals because ur liver and kidneys take a beating.
    •what would happen if you never stopped cycle. Of course u will have to up ur gear protocol because your wight and muscle mass is being increased (if ur doing this right)

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    I'm still trying to find studies or proof that when blasting and cruising thats necessary to cruise. I've heard a couple of reasons be no solid proof
    •it helps clean out ur receptors to make you receptive to the next blast (which if you think about it when you blast gear ur going get a positive response anyways)
    •it's healthy to come off (why?) I mean come on we're pushing oils that some dude made into ur ass. Anything is going to be healthier right? I can forsure understand about taking a break off of orals because ur liver and kidneys take a beating.
    •what would happen if you never stopped cycle. Of course u will have to up ur gear protocol because your wight and muscle mass is being increased (if ur doing this right)
    I doubt you will find many studies if any. A scientist won't be able to actually run a controlled study and administer compounds and such to control for all variables in a true sense. No ethics board would approve a study like that to be done. Rather a scientist would survey those that are already users to get an idea of their methodology and so on.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

I doubt you will find many studies if any. A scientist won't be able to actually run a controlled study and administer compounds and such to control for all variables in a true sense. No ethics board would approve a study like that to be done. Rather a scientist would survey those that are already users to get an idea of their methodology and so on.
    So where do we get this idea that we have to cruise?

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's arguments for both. It's my belief that the androgen receptors do desensitise with prolonged steroid use , which in turn Leads to Higher doses and more side effects someone of which can be related to lipid profiles or even high BP, high BP is very bad for internal organs especially when it's elevated for prolonged period of time. Even if you disagree about down regulation or the AR. Here are some solid factors to consider. Blasting or cruising your going to need an AI and they come with issues as well again mostly down to cholesterol and if you don't get blood work to find the correct dose then uncontrolled e2 can also cause high BP, water retention and so fourth. There's also alot of suggestion that AAS effect the brain negatively as well, over time they can lower the hormone allopregnanolone Since allopregnanolone acts as a natural tranquilizer, lower levels in the body may lead to a more agitated baseline state, which can contribute to feelings of anxiety. Steroid use has also be associated with a variety of psychiatric conditions. A 2007 article in The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology found steroid use to be associated with depression, irritability, aggression, confusion, psychosis and delirium as well as anxiety. Animal studies also corroborate the association. A 2010 article in the journal Psychoneuroendocrinology reported that mice administered steroids showed significantly elevated anxious behavior.
    Unwanted Effects of Steroids . I could go on but I the bottom line is in my opinion I don't have think it's nessassery and not sustainable especially when you get into your 60's. Also when cruising your AR is still being stimulated so it won't get chance to re-sensitise.
    Last edited by Marcus G; 05-05-2017 at 03:04 AM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    So where do we get this idea that we have to cruise?
    That I don't know. I don't cruise, I run a cycle until my goals are met. I would differ that part of your question to more experienced members in that area. I just know the medical research pretty well and I can't recall any study/s that remotely address this. Other than maybe the long term effects of HRT on people. You might check out The Chinese paper on long term Testosterone unadecanate usage. It's got some good data and take aways.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

That I don't know. I don't cruise, I run a cycle until my goals are met. I would differ that part of your question to more experienced members in that area. I just know the medical research pretty well and I can't recall any study/s that remotely address this. Other than maybe the long term effects of HRT on people. You might check out The Chinese paper on long term Testosterone unadecanate usage. It's got some good data and take aways.
    Yeah I pretty much said the same thing. I'm about 7% 3 post show and everyone keeps telling me u need to cruise and I'm like F*ck that! I want to hit this rebound hard. Not one person has really proven to me that ur receptors are downed and lowering Dosages will be beneficial. BUT saying that I know that the body grows in spurts so being on the same amount of gear year long won't yelled the same results in gains but times right it can be very beneficial. Yes side effects are a big thing especially at high Dosages.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    Yeah I pretty much said the same thing. I'm about 7% 3 post show and everyone keeps telling me u need to cruise and I'm like F*ck that! I want to hit this rebound hard. Not one person has really proven to me that ur receptors are downed and lowering Dosages will be beneficial. BUT saying that I know that the body grows in spurts so being on the same amount of gear year long won't yelled the same results in gains but times right it can be very beneficial. Yes side effects are a big thing especially at high Dosages.
    have you run labs to see how everything is going inside? That would answer what you need to know. Many suffer from cholesterol being high and high crit levels

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Not one person has really proven to me that ur receptors are downed and lowering Dosages will be beneficial. BUT saying that I know that the body grows in spurts so being on the same amount of gear year long won't yelled the same results in gains but times right it can be very beneficial. Yes side effects are a big thing especially at high Dosages.
    I can tell you for a fact that after over 24 years of TRT and blasting and cruising that if I up the dosages I get a response with increased size and strength. Is there a desensitizing of receptors after this prolonged exposure? Maybe. I can't say for sure or by how much. Your body will over time go back to the size and strength being dictated by the hormone level that is either naturally being produced or is exogenously being produced. Look at all the bodybuilders that retire and still train. Every single one of them shinks down to whatever hormone they have. Presumably all are on TRT at that phase of life. As far as the same dosages yielding the same amount of gains, that's not going to happen the further you get past your genetic limit. The further past you get in size and strength the higher the dosages it will take to gain. This is why it is so important to have diet, training, sleep and rest dialed in as best you can because to force your body to go where it doesn't want to go is not an easy task and not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post

I can tell you for a fact that after over 24 years of TRT and blasting and cruising that if I up the dosages I get a response with increased size and strength. Is there a desensitizing of receptors after this prolonged exposure? Maybe. I can't say for sure or by how much. Your body will over time go back to the size and strength being dictated by the hormone level that is either naturally being produced or is exogenously being produced. Look at all the bodybuilders that retire and still train. Every single one of them shinks down to whatever hormone they have. Presumably all are on TRT at that phase of life. As far as the same dosages yielding the same amount of gains, that's not going to happen the further you get past your genetic limit. The further past you get in size and strength the higher the dosages it will take to gain. This is why it is so important to have diet, training, sleep and rest dialed in as best you can because to force your body to go where it doesn't want to go is not an easy task and not for everyone.
    This is exactly what I figured. 250 here I come. Lmao BTW does anyone have a basic hgh and in

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post

This is exactly what I figured. 250 here I come. Lmao BTW does anyone have a basic hgh and insulin protocol? I'm looking to introduce those 2 into my protocol. I'm messed with 6iu of hgh before with GDA which help put some solid size on me

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Why cruise?

One common example is the use of Clen or T3. After a bulk cycle you want to get rid of the fat you earned. This means cardio. Cardio plus Clen or T3 eats muscle as well as fat. If you are cruising 350+ you will not lose muscle as when compared to not running the cruise dose.

My personal reason to run a higher than TrT dose was that wonderful Nitrogen Retention thing. Who doesnt love the fullness look to their muscle? Let's be real about it. Me with the nitrogen retention at 6'4 is a hell of a man compared to without the nitrogen retention. So personal preference does play a role.

As far as desensitizing happening or not I cannot say. I can say a weakened immune system does desensitize androgen receptors via the feedback loops but not the actual receptor bind points.
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 05-06-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Why cruise?

One common example is the use of Clen or T3. After a bulk cycle you want to get rid of the fat you earned. This means cardio. Cardio plus Clen or T3 eats muscle as well as fat. If you are cruising 350+ you will not lose muscle as when compared to not running the cruise dose.

My personal reason to run a higher than TrT dose was that wonderful Nitrogen Retention thing. Who doesnt love the fullness look to their muscle? Let's be real about it. Me with the nitrogen retention at 6'4 is a hell of a man compared to without the nitrogen retention. So personal preference does play a role.

As far as desensitizing happening or not I cannot say. I can say a weakened immune system does desensitize androgen receptors via the feedback loops but not the actual receptor bind points.
    Yeah if I do cruise I will do 350mg a week of test. But to be honest with everyone I'm in a rebound from a show and sitting 7-8% and everything I eat or drink gets me swole as f*ck. I'm 30lbs up from show day and I look 10times better then I did. I honeslty think I can get to 205lbs with the same conditioning as long as I play my carbs right this is me now. I was 163lb 4% at the shop. Post show 193lbs 7-8%? What do u guys think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20170506_102129.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	169165

Name:	ForumRunner_20170506_102119.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	169164

Name:	ForumRunner_20170506_102112.jpg