Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Brewster
  • 1 Post By guitarzan

Thread: Concerned about my Dad taking stuff please help

Blotter4463 is offline New Member

Concerned about my Dad taking stuff please help

Hey guys,

Quite recently my Dad who is 57 years old has been making some impressive results in the gym and has lost a lot of weight and gained a bunch of muscle which is great and I want him to be happy and be healthy etc. However, I'm not new to bodybuilding and instantly I knew he was taking something because of how quickly he received the results and also the fact that he was losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. He had an accident at work not too long ago and he told me he was given steroids to repair the cartilage in his knee so I assumed that's what was up, but I found out today that was a lie. The thing I want to note about my dad is he doesn't do research on this shit he just takes it, he doesn't even go to the doctor to get check-ups and make sure he's not fucking with his hormones etc...

Well today I found his stash and I'm a complete rookie when it comes to steroids so I have no idea what any of it is hence why I'm here. This is what I found:
    Alpha-1
    Trena V
    Clenbuterol
    T3 Cytomel

I understand steroids can be used responsibly and I have nothing against them personally, I'm just very concerned about his health because as I said, he doesn't research anything and he won't even go see a doctor and get regular check-ups or anything like that. My questions to you guys are:

1)What exactly is this stuff?
    2)What are the side effects/health concerns that come from using these?
    3)What should he be doing to mitigate these effects if he continues to use them?
    4)How do you suggest I approach him about all this?

Sorry guys, I'm not being lazy I have tried to google the substances and understand what they are exactly but it's hard to wrap my head around as I have never done any research into this sort of stuff before and I feel like it'll be easier to just make this post instead. My dad is very arrogant and doesn't listen to people so it's hard to get through to him sometimes, I just don't know how concerned I should be right now and how to approach him about it yet.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Alpha 1 and Trena V are NOT real steroids .. just a supplement scam.

Clenbuterol is a drug, its an asthma medication, but is also a stimulant that aides in fat oxidation

T3 is a drug, its used to treat hypo-thyroid, it will speed up the metabolism

none of the above are considered an anabolic steroid , so therefore your dad is not on steroids.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    At age 57 he should be checked for Low T. He might need to be on Testosterone which is a steroid .

After an accident and gaining weight, it is easy to get back in shape if he was in shape before. Sounds like you are concerned about him but what he is taking will not cause any effect that will hurt him. Sounds like he is determined to get back in shape and is just hitting the gym hard. When the doctor said he put him on steroids his mind might have played a trick on him and he is getting better results from working harder.

I would say leave it alone. Just make sure he knows you love him and you want him around for a long time.

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    You should just talk to him about it. He is a grown man.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Alpha 1 and Trena V are NOT real steroids .. just a supplement scam.

Clenbuterol is a drug, its an asthma medication, but is also a stimulant that aides in fat oxidation

T3 is a drug, its used to treat hypo-thyroid, it will speed up the metabolism

none of the above are considered an anabolic steroid, so therefore your dad is not on steroids.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. His results have been pretty crazy though, do you think perhaps he is/was taking something else that I don't know about? I guess he was lifting naturally for a very long time and maybe the lower bodyfat % has just made him appear bigger. I'm pretty suspicious about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    At age 57 he should be checked for Low T. He might need to be on Testosterone which is a steroid .

After an accident and gaining weight, it is easy to get back in shape if he was in shape before. Sounds like you are concerned about him but what he is taking will not cause any effect that will hurt him. Sounds like he is determined to get back in shape and is just hitting the gym hard. When the doctor said he put him on steroids his mind might have played a trick on him and he is getting better results from working harder.

I would say leave it alone. Just make sure he knows you love him and you want him around for a long time.
    Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TRTdrew View Post
    You should just talk to him about it. He is a grown man.
    I'm going to man I just wanted to get some information before I do. He's very stubborn and arrogant sometimes so I really have to know what I'm talking about otherwise he'll shrug it off. Seems like it's nothing serious though from the replies so far, but like I said I think he may be doing more than what I've found, I will have to try squeeze it out of him.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You should be more concerned if he has Low T. Recent medical evidence is showing men with Low Testosterone have a huge increase in death and disease. For a man Testosterone regulates and keeps healthy almost every organ in the body, especially the heart. Men with low T is practically a death sentence to some extent or at least a lot more health problems and major decrease in quality of life.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...20and%20health
    Clove1234 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You should be more concerned if he has Low T. Recent medical evidence is showing men with Low Testosterone have a huge increase in death and disease. For a man Testosterone regulates and keeps healthy almost every organ in the body, especially the heart. Men with low T is practically a death sentence to some extent or at least a lot more health problems and major decrease in quality of life.

Thanks for the info. I need to make him go to the doctor, that's the main thing that is annoying me... If he is doing more than what I've mentioned above who the hell knows what he's doing to his health without checkups.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. His results have been pretty crazy though, do you think perhaps he is/was taking something else that I don't know about? I guess he was lifting naturally for a very long time and maybe the lower bodyfat % has just made him appear bigger. I'm pretty suspicious about it though.
    running just clen and T3 while training hard can yield some pretty impressive results . he can be getting leaner while maintaining muscle and thus look more defined and muscular.

if he gained 30 pounds and still remained lean, and his bench press jumped up 100 pounds .. then you can suspect more anabolic use going on

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    running just clen and T3 while training hard can yield some pretty impressive results . he can be getting leaner while maintaining muscle and thus look more defined and muscular.

if he gained 30 pounds and still remained lean, and his bench press jumped up 100 pounds .. then you can suspect more anabolic use going on
    Thanks man. You and the others have pretty much told me everything I need to know, appreciate it. I'm going to talk to him in a couple of hours so I'll see how it goes.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

Interesting article. The take away for me is that men with hypo gonadal test levels have higher c-reactive protein levels (I've heard this protein increases the amount of free radicals in the body which cause aging of cells). There's a supplement I used to take (can't think of the name) to combat that and also to help lower homocysteine levels which apparently has similar impact on free radicals in the bloodstream. I'm not sure what those alpolipoproteins are but I'm guessing theyre some kind of derivative of cholesterol....? It would be interesting if we could find an article showing any health benefits of higher than avreage test levels....\

Regarding the OP, I know it's your dad and you're concerned but why are you going through his sh*t? I'm a son and a father and I would feel completely violated if my kid went through my sh*t and then came to me to confront me on it. I feel like that's a major breach of trust and also just flat out over stepping your boundaries. It seems like you want to protect you dad (I know where your heart is and know you're only trying to help) but it's not your job to protect him. If I was you I would try to get into a conversation with him about it instead of saying "hey pop I found your shit we need to talk" lol. I don't think that's going to have a favorable outcome for you. This is all my opinion, of course, but I suggest that you reconsider how approach this and do some more research so you sound knowledgeable to him (which I know you've started doing) and throw out some facts to get him interested in a conversation with about it. Just my cents good luck.
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 01-09-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Cib16waker is offline New Member
    Why did you go through his belongings instead of just asking him up front?

Brewster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cib16waker View Post
    Why did you go through his belongings instead of just asking him up front?
    ^^ WHat your dad said!
    cousinmuscles likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    ^^ WHat your dad said!
    Lol....
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like its time to talk to him face to face and recommended an endo.

Thread Information