BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Jones v Hopkins...FINALLY!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4504737

Thank HGH for this...Jones will be 41 and Hopkins will be 45 when they fight. But I've been waiting 10yrs to see this. I'm sure most, if not all, boxing fans are anxious to see this. All I can say is...'BOUT F*CKING TIME!!!!

To the MMA guys, please don't start in on this thread. No Anderson Silva can't beat any of these guys in a boxing match and no neither of these guys can beat Anderson Silva in a MMA match.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Link doesnt work mate.......

higherdesire is offline Banned
    This is a true indication of where boxing has gone...by gone I mean left the building. I am a die hard boxing fan, or atleast was, and cant stand to see where th sport has wound up. No new talent, no new stars, and a lame as geriatric fight like this is what draws attention. I respect the career of Hopkins, but he will destroy Jones with his polished and weak ass record. Jones Always spoon fed and when he did get the better get forced into the real ring with real talent he got his ass handed to him.

Go Hopkins

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    way too late

but I'll def watch it

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    This is a true indication of where boxing has gone...by gone I mean left the building. I am a die hard boxing fan, or atleast was, and cant stand to see where th sport has wound up. No new talent, no new stars, and a lame as geriatric fight like this is what draws attention. I respect the career of Hopkins, but he will destroy Jones with his polished and weak ass record. Jones Always spoon fed and when he did get the better get forced into the real ring with real talent he got his ass handed to him.

Go Hopkins
    Totally disagree with 100% of what you posted. I will post a rebuttal later, but I can pick that post apart on so many levels. But you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Actually they should make a fight card where Anderson Silva fights both Roy Jones and Hopkins at the same time. He would whip them both soo bad... J/K

I am going to take Jones on this one. The executioner is a great warrior, but I think he would have to knock out Roy to win and I don't see it happening.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    cant believe they never faught...were they in the same weight for very long...jones went up and down...who all did hopkins lose to?

forza nuova is offline Associate Member
    jones needs to get past danny green first to fight b-hop

danny green is gonna make jones jnr his bitch,just like calzaghi did,,,,
    there will be no jones jnr b-hop fight

il chime back in on dec 3,,,,,to let you know what round danny green layed him out in,,,,,,

i thought the op said it was set

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    they have fought before.......

jones won on points...not that good of a fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkWciEQC6o

heres a link to the fight.....

Quote Originally Posted by forza nuova View Post

il chime back in on dec 3,,,,,to let you know what round danny green layed him out in,,,,,,
    Danny Green is a bum. He was hand selected by Jones people to keep Jones active. Green is no where near the fighter Calzagne is.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i thought the op said it was set
    Fight is set, but its contingent on Jones beating Green. Also there is a contract stipulation that allows Hopkins a tune up fight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    jones won on points...not that good of a fight...
    Actually it was a one-sided fight and considering the fact the Jones broke his hand early in the fight, it proves Jones greatness for beating B-Hop with one hand.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    id say jones, even though b-hop is/was an allright boxer. one of best fights iv seen b-hop vs j taylor. Then nothing made me more happy than seeing calzaghe knock that bum senceless!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Danny Green is a bum. He was hand selected by Jones people to keep Jones active. Green is no where near the fighter Calzagne is.

Fight is set, but its contingent on Jones beating Green. Also there is a contract stipulation that allows Hopkins a tune up fight as well.

Actually it was a one-sided fight and considering the fact the Jones broke his hand early in the fight, it proves Jones greatness for beating B-Hop with one hand.
    im not debating jones greatness or lack of........all im saying is it wasnt a very good fight....

[QUOTE=BgMc31;4896466]Danny Green is a bum. He was hand selected by Jones people to keep Jones active. Green is no where near the fighter Calzagne is.

sorry mate green is the world champion,,

believe me, jones people selected nothing.....

jones is the bum and needs to take any fight he can get,,,,,,

you also said Green is no where near the fighter Calzagne is.???????and roy jones is??????????????????????

like i said il get back to you on dec 3rd.....
    Last edited by forza nuova; 10-07-2009 at 07:01 PM.

[QUOTE=forza nuova;4896688]

sorry mate green is the world champion,,

believe me, jones people selected nothing.....

jones is the bum and needs to take any fight he can get,,,,,,

you also said Green is no where near the fighter Calzagne is.???????and roy jones is??????????????????????

like i said il get back to you on dec 3rd.....
    At the time Jones fought Calzagne, no Jones wasn't on Calzagne's level but in the 90's Calzagne couldn't hold Jones' jock. And just because Green is A champion doesn't make him great. Remember this is boxing we're talking about and what trinket belt does he own? Can you even name it? I think your support of your countrymen is getting in the way of logic. I bet you were one of the one's who thought Ricky Hatton would knock out Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao...

Dec 3rd, we'll talk then!!!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Roy Jones is probably one of my all time favorite Boxers. I was devastated when he got his ass KNFO by Tarver a few years ago. I still really like him and he is probably still better than 98% of the pro-boxers on the planet. He has just stayed to long IMO.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

i always wished boxing wasnt surrounded by so much "politics" and they just had to fight to earn a living...it would be more real...used to love the sport

[QUOTE=BgMc31;4896956]

At the time Jones fought Calzagne, no Jones wasn't on Calzagne's level but in the 90's Calzagne couldn't hold Jones' jock. And just because Green is A champion doesn't make him great. Remember this is boxing we're talking about and what trinket belt does he own? Can you even name it? I think your support of your countrymen is getting in the way of logic. I bet you were one of the one's who thought Ricky Hatton would knock out Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao...

do i know what im talking about??????
    mate (country men) danny green is aussie, i am aussie, ricky hatton is from manchester ENGLAND,do your home work first pal,
    and if greens belt is trinket??????why does jones jnr want it so bad.....

[QUOTE=forza nuova;4897325]

do i know what im talking about??????
    mate (country men) danny green is aussie, i am aussie, ricky hatton is from manchester ENGLAND,do your home work first pal,
    and if greens belt is trinket??????why does jones jnr want it so bad.....
    That's what I was referring to. Your tilt on this fight is clouded by the fact that you are cheering for your countryman. Jones wants another belt, and wants to stay active, that is why he is fighting Green. Look at the Ring Magazine (the legit rankings for all weight classes), Danny Green isn't on any of them. As a matter of fact, Jones and Hopkins are on the light heavyweight top 10 and Danny Green isn't even mentioned. Maybe YOU need to do YOUR homework!

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    danny green probably doesnt make it in the top 50 pound for pound

stang is offline Associate Member
    jones wins ud to much speed

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Better late than never.

BHop wins this, hes better, smarter and hes going to give RJJ some problems.

icepick27 is offline Member
    This is a joke and it should of happend a long time ago .. why dont the see if sugar ray a hagler want to fight a again maybe that would make it more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    This is a joke and it should of happend a long time ago .. why dont the see if sugar ray a hagler want to fight a again maybe that would make it more interesting
    thats a little out there....not ali/frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28 View Post
    Better late than never.

BHop wins this, hes better, smarter and hes going to give RJJ some problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post

It did happen a long time ago...and it wasnt very good then...refer to post 10+12

icepick27 is offline Member
    i know i seen the fight ... i ment the rematch

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    It did happen a long time ago...and it wasnt very good then...refer to post 10+12
    Oh I know they fought before.

Im just saying the rematch has been talked about for years and it was never made.

Im actually quite excited to see these guys fight to be honest.

This is almost the equivalent of Liddell/Wand except both RJJ and Bhop are better at this point in their careers than Liddell/Wand.

But its funny, you wont see people bashing MMA. UFC brings back friggin Tito Ortiz and shoves him in a main event. They also bring back Phil Baroni and shove him on a main card of a PPV. But lets just slide that under the rug as if it never happened.

slugtastic is offline Associate Member

u are dilerious my aussie friend i love green but jr is a all time great, green cant beat mundine let alone a much better, bigger, harder puncher like jr

slugtastic is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=BgMc31;4896956]

ricky hatton is from a different country than green?????? i wanted that pom to bet both of them but i knew he couldnt.....

Left Hook is offline Banned
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4504737

Thank HGH for this...Jones will be 41 and Hopkins will be 45 when they fight. But I've been waiting 10yrs to see this. I'm sure most, if not all, boxing fans are anxious to see this. All I can say is...'BOUT F*CKING TIME!!!!

To the MMA guys, please don't start in on this thread. No Anderson Silva can't beat any of these guys in a boxing match and no neither of these guys can beat Anderson Silva in a MMA match.
    What do you mean about time? They already fought once and Roy whipped his ass! Why have you been waiting? Just go get the clip from when they fought before. So now as 40 year olds whoever wins doesnt mean crap. Jones was the more dominate guy by far...And if you wanna argue about it >>> Go see the fight they had!

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    What do you mean about time? They already fought once and Roy whipped his ass! Why have you been waiting? Just go get the clip from when they fought before. So now as 40 year olds whoever wins doesnt mean crap. Jones was the more dominate guy by far...And if you wanna argue about it >>> Go see the fight they had!
    I saw their original fight. I'm 36, kiddo and remember it fondly. I remember Roy, embarrassing BHop with one hand. But you fail to realize that it was very early in BHops career and he had virtually no amatuer background, especially not one compared to Jones. But now Jones is definitely on the downside of his career as is BHop but the roles are reversed. During their first fight Jones was on top of the Pound for Pound rankings. Now BHop even in his advanced years is ranked 5th. They've gone back and forth for years and genuinely don't like each other. That is why I want to see this fight. It's a lot more even than it would have been if they would have fought 10yrs ago. Jones would have dominated Hopkins with his speed and power. And now that Jones has lost a bit of his speed and has a suspect chin. This fight could be great.

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    I really like Hopkins and have become a big fan over the years. I can't wait for this fight.

[QUOTE=BgMc31;4896956]

ANY THING YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT NOW??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

KNOCKED THE F@#K OUT IN RECORD TIME

fights not til the 3rd, no?
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 12-02-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: computer prob

McFly is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=forza nuova;4969972]

ANY THING YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT NOW??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

KNOCKED THE F@#K OUT IN RECORD TIME

Greeeeen Machienne

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    well looks like RJJ better re-retire

Thread Information