Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Experience with street fights?

PeterEU is offline New Member

Experience with street fights?

Hey guys,

I am sure I will find a lot of gym or street fighters here, so maybe some of you an give me an answer.

What techniques do you use in street fight? Do you rely on fists or do you thing you should know levers and other things you learn on MMA?

Here is why I ask (if I sound silly please read carefully, I am sure it makes sense )

I want to be good street fighter. Don't ask why, I just do. Punctum. I train Muiai Thai and and I love it, but I have a problem with it: I also want to have nice shape but Thai is simply for me soooo exhausting and it makes very difficult to gain any muscle at all (unless I want to train Thai only once, twice a week and even then I can feel significant growth speed decrease). I tried MMA and it was much less intense to cardio. ...But I still like Thai more .

But the primary goal is being a good brawler. I had a couple of fights so far with but with not very strong opponents. So fists was all I needed. But next time I don't want kinda end up completely beaten by some kid just because he knows a couple lever techniques and I don't . So I wonder, should I carry on with Thai or should I switch to MMA?

And as for martial arts as Judo and so, I know that would be ideal option, but I simp0ly don't like it

Thank you for answer and thank you not laughing at me

MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    Street fights?

Well I have tons if experience here.

Bite chunks out of face (cheek, ear loves etc)
    Drive thumbs deep into eye sockets
    Testicles ARE NOT off limits, neither is the asshole (unfortunately)

These are tried and true street fight tactics.

Honorable? No. But neither is getting knocked out and kicked in the face/head till you end up in a coma for a few days it forever.
    My daddy always told me the only rules in a street fight are there are no rules.

Unfortunately In my younger and dumber days I had experience with this. I would say the two best things you can learn are boxing and wrestling. And by that I mean getting back onto your feet if your get knocked down. I once took a guy done jujitsu style and got my head kicked in by 3-4 people standing around that had no business in the fight other than they saw an easy target to hit. Never underestimate the allure of a coward getting a sucker punch( or kick in my case) in on someone. Once I got to my feet on that one, the guy I was fighting was fighting the crowd because they were kicking him too. Honestly thought I was going to get beat to death that night.

One on one fighting I still like jujitsu, I was getting worked over pretty good one night by a dude until I by accident slipped a punch and got ahold of him and took him down pretty hard.And by worked me over, he messed me up pretty good. That’s when I knew I needed to learn a bit of boxing. But one on one on the streets is very very rare. So being able to stay standing, avoid a take down or bodyslam and throwing good hard accurate shots and not throwing hay makers and getting caught off balance is the key.

At least that’s what I learned getting may ass kicked all those years
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    For you Couch. I mean Hiccup

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEU View Post
    Hey guys,

I am sure I will find a lot of gym or street fighters here, so maybe some of you an give me an answer.

What techniques do you use in street fight? Do you rely on fists or do you thing you should know levers and other things you learn on MMA?

Here is why I ask (if I sound silly please read carefully, I am sure it makes sense )

I want to be good street fighter. Don't ask why, I just do. Punctum. I train Muiai Thai and and I love it, but I have a problem with it: I also want to have nice shape but Thai is simply for me soooo exhausting and it makes very difficult to gain any muscle at all (unless I want to train Thai only once, twice a week and even then I can feel significant growth speed decrease). I tried MMA and it was much less intense to cardio. ...But I still like Thai more .

But the primary goal is being a good brawler. I had a couple of fights so far with but with not very strong opponents. So fists was all I needed. But next time I don't want kinda end up completely beaten by some kid just because he knows a couple lever techniques and I don't . So I wonder, should I carry on with Thai or should I switch to MMA?

And as for martial arts as Judo and so, I know that would be ideal option, but I simp0ly don't like it

Thank you for answer and thank you not laughing at me
    I've been a boxer and kick boxer for over 40 years. Well, I've actually fought for 10 years and coached the rest of the time. So I'm teaching stand up fighting at this MMA school. As long as the rules are stand up only, I'm kicking tail. The next class is a rolling class. I thought I'd hang around and see what that's like. We start standing up and I feel comfortable. In the blink of an eye I'm flat on my back with this guy on top of me choking me out. I thought my head was going to pop off. Mind you, I'm an experienced fighter but being off my feet I had ZERO leverage to do anything. If I had the choice when I was starting out, to choose muay thai or mma, knowing what I know now, I would have chosen the mma for sure.

Thread Information