Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Where to add carbs? Variation of the prime

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member

Where to add carbs? Variation of the prime

Hey guys, could use some advice here. In the past 10 weeks I have cut my carbs from 600g down to 140g this week. I mainly did this to see what I was working with before starting my prep. Im now just over 15 weeks out. Should I cut my carbs a bit more before adding them in? I was planning on doubling my carbs right off the bat at least, is that too much?

This is my current diet

Meal 1 (pre workout)
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop protein
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 tbsp mct

Meal 2 (Post workout)
    1 cup egg whites
    2 scoop isolate protein
    1/2 cup oats

Meal 3
    3oz bison
    3oz chicken
    1/2 cup rice
    1/4 cup black beans

Meal 4
    3oz bison
    3oz chicken

Meal 5
    3oz bison
    3oz chicken
    1/2 cup rice

Meal 6
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop protein
    1/2 cup oats

2434 calories, 140 carbs, 61 fat, 315 protein
    Last edited by Livinlean; 04-14-2017 at 12:02 PM.

bump

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Hopefully one of the pros will chime in.

Maybe hit MuscleScience up and lead him to this thread
    Livinlean likes this.

Thanks rajin.

If I double up my oats in post and pre to take it to 1 cup of oats, add an intra workout drink and add 1/4 beans to meal 5, I would increase carbs by 120 which is almost double.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Could you be more descriptive in what you're trying to achieve.

Are you priming before an increase in calories and a cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Could you be more descriptive in what you're trying to achieve.

Are you priming before an increase in calories and a cycle?
    Pretty much. My intention wasn't actually to prime. I had wanted to cut before my gear kicked in, which it will be any time soon (NPP). My idea was to see what my body looks like and assess where I need to add mass.

Now that Im at 140g carbs im thinking this is pretty much a prime. So my question is, before adding calories back in, should i decrease further? Should I go keto for a week before throwing calories/carbs back in? And when I do add them back in, is going to 300g+ carbs too much right off the bat?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Pretty much. My intention wasn't actually to prime. I had wanted to cut before my gear kicked in, which it will be any time soon (NPP). My idea was to see what my body looks like and assess where I need to add mass.

Now that Im at 140g carbs im thinking this is pretty much a prime. So my question is, before adding calories back in, should i decrease further? Should I go keto for a week before throwing calories/carbs back in? And when I do add them back in, is going to 300g+ carbs too much right off the bat?
    If your going to get into keto you might as well go all in. The magic is in pushing the body to ketosis. Then, the body adapting to use Kentone bodies for fuel. I always feel like shit the first week or two then after my body normalizes I feel great. I stay full and will actually make gains while cutting body fat.
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If your going to get into keto you might as well go all in. The magic is in pushing the body to ketosis. Then, the body adapting to use Kentone bodies for fuel. I always feel like shit the first week or two then after my body normalizes I feel great. I stay full and will actually make gains while cutting body fat.
    So you're suggesting I just switch to keto now and ride it till show day? I had thought about doing that but was concerned about doing that 15 weeks out. The reason I say that is during my first prep when I went keto, I was extremely flat and my workouts would suffer. I ended up losing a fair amount of muscle but I was definitely conditioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post

Just want to make sure we're 100% on the same page.

When you get your gear your going to bulk for X weeks then cut before your show?

What does the first few weeks of your cycle look like?

Yes, I think you should keto for 4-7 days in order to completely deplete your glycogen before increasing carbs.

Imo the amount of cabs you begin with should depend on the compounds you're using and how your​ body reacts to carbs.

If we're lucky Marcus, BiB or NACH will join the discussion because other than myself they're the only other members I'm aware of that carb cycle in this way and everyone does it slightly differently​.

Just want to make sure we're 100% on the same page.

When you get your gear your going to bulk for X weeks then cut before your show?
    My bulk will end either 8 or 10 weeks out depending on my conditioning. So 5-7 weeks.
    What does the first few weeks of your cycle look like?
    GH 5iu
    Humalin - dose dependant on carb intake
    Test 1125mg
    npp 450mg
    Anadrol 50mg
    T3 currently at 25, may up to 37.5

Yes, I think you should keto for 4-7 days in order to completely deplete your glycogen before increasing carbs.
    Im leaning to this route as well. Seems most are recommending it including a couple of coaches I know personally.
    Imo the amount of cabs you begin with should depend on the compounds you're using and how your​ body reacts to carbs.
    I would say my body reacts pretty well with carbs.
    If we're lucky Marcus, BiB or NACH will join the discussion because other than myself they're the only other members I'm aware of that carb cycle in this way and everyone does it slightly differently​.

Nice choice in compounds.

I've run similar cycles, minus the slin, after a prime.

Considering what you'll be taking I think you should jump head first into 300+ carbs.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how you'll react to the slin and rapid increase in glycogen.

I'm​ a novice with slin and have never used it before.

You might want to seek opinions from others who've jumped on slin after being carb/glycogen depleted.

Also, you might want to consider dosing your t3 at 50mcg/d.

That's how I take t3 when bulking.

A healthy person produces roughly 28-36mcg/d of t3.

Nice choice in compounds.

I've run similar cycles, minus the slin, after a prime.

Considering what you'll be taking I think you should jump head first into 300+ carbs.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how you'll react to the slin and rapid increase in glycogen.

I'm​ a novice with slin and have never used it before.

You might want to seek opinions from others who've jumped on slin after being carb/glycogen depleted.

Also, you might want to consider dosing your t3 at 50mcg/d.

That's how I take t3 when bulking.

A healthy person produces roughly 28-36mcg/d of t3.
    Thanks man. Post show both times, ive gone from 0 carb to 600+ and the weight seemed to go into all the right places. Luckily this experiment starts 13 or 14 weeks out depending how long i go keto for (likely 5-7 days) so even if it blows up in my face, i've got plenty of time to fix it.

Its funny you say the 50mcg thing, I tried to split my pill but its not very easy to split so I was actually just thinking this morning that I should be 50mcg lol.

Forgot to post back here. Experiment went very well. I went keto 4 days (waited till my lifts suffered) and went to 350g carbs. Did this for another 4 maybe 5 days. From there tapered down to 200g carbs over the next week and have stayed there till now. Just over 8 weeks out.

The reason I say it went well is because during the 350g carb period I gained a lot of fullness and round muscle bellies and kept it. I think the PW Slin really helps with that and I'm sure the HGH doesn't hurt. I Haven't changed my diet in about 5-6 weeks now and progressively getting leaner.

Current cycle:
    Test 750
    NPP 450
    Mast 450 (started last week)
    HGH 5iu
    Humalog 6iu post workout
    T3 50mcg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back shot may 2017.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	169526
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where to add carbs? Variation of the prime-back-pic-may-31-2017-.jpg  
    Last edited by Livinlean; 06-01-2017 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added picture

Thread Information