Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Cardio & bulking

Kaytime is offline Associate Member

Cardio & bulking

Hey guys

I was just wondering if 20 to 30min low pace fasted cardio help me stay somewhat lean
    Even tho I’m eating just under 5000cals a day

(Clean diet) just one cheat meal every Friday night.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Kinda depends how many calories positive you are compared to maintaince. If you’re way over the cardio probably won’t help other than to keep your conditioning up. If you’re 500-700 over it might help keep you from ballooning up.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    even though your eating above maintenance calories , as long as your fasted long enough before doing your fasted cardio (I'd say 10 hours or more) and your blood sugar has dropped enough to put you into a state of lipolysis then yes you can burn a little bit of fat during that fasted cardio session.

add in some yohimbe, caffeine, and HGH frag and you can accelerate the process and help release more fat. another trick is 1-2iu of insulin on an empty stomach to help drop blood sugar and put you into a better fat burning state

BUT if by consuming 5000 calories per day and you never go without food long enough to drop blood sugar significantly then it will be difficult .

also keep in mind that after your fasted cardio , when you go into a calorie surplus your likely to partition some of that surplus back into fat . so overall you may not be loosing body fat , but at least by burning some off in the morning you keep things stable and from getting too fat during a bulk

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OP mentions fasted cardio like it really makes a difference. I have read numerous studies that go back and forth as to which way is better. I have concluded that there really is no difference. I do believe that MS leans toward the side of fasted cardio.
    GH- you are mentioning the fat burning during the cardio, but the key is the next 18-24 hours after the cardio.
    MS, GH I am not arguing but I have read numerous studies and it just goes back and forth. MS has conditioned me to review the controls and variables for studies.

I am presently bulking and use cardio to maintain my bf at 12%. When I use cardio to maintain, I use low intensity. When cutting, I use HIIT.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    OP mentions fasted cardio like it really makes a difference. I have read numerous studies that go back and forth as to which way is better. I have concluded that there really is no difference. I do believe that MS leans toward the side of fasted cardio.
    GH- you are mentioning the fat burning during the cardio, but the key is the next 18-24 hours after the cardio.
    MS, GH I am not arguing but I have read numerous studies and it just goes back and forth. MS has conditioned me to review the controls and variables for studies.

I am presently bulking and use cardio to maintain my bf at 12%. When I use cardio to maintain, I use low intensity. When cutting, I use HIIT.
    in the large scale big scheme of things NO it doesn't really matter , thats why I said

""also keep in mind that after your fasted cardio , when you go into a calorie surplus your likely to partition some of that surplus back into fat . so overall you may not be loosing body fat""

all that matters in the macro scale is calories in vs calories out, and cardio is nothing more then a way of getting calories out.
    And on paper as well as various studies this proves to be pretty much true and advocated by very smart people like Layne Norton for eg.

however, some things from practical experience do not necessarily carry over to evidence on paper . there are metabolic processes, individual glucose metabolisms, genetics, natural hormones, drugs etc. that all play a part of this . and some people , through years and years of practical experience , swear by fasted cardio saying they loose body fat much faster when doing fasted cardio (even though supposedly on paper this may seem to not make a difference) .

Some people just mobilize fat much better in a fasted condition , and when you add in so many other factors to this (like are they taking insulin , yohimbe, caffeine and other fat burners before hand , as well as individual metabolism differences) its very hard to have a 'controlled' study , as these studies are not using drug using body builders. for example, yohimbe simply works better when your fasted and your going to oxidize more fat when doing fasted cardio with it (taking yoihmbe with a meal is useless). <---- thats just one variable of many .

again, keep in mind a lot of studies on diet and training and fat burning are done with the 'natural' trainee in mind . the enhanced athlete is a whole other thing . and again theres a reason why enhanced AAS using bodybuilders in general prefer to do fasted cardio (the drugs they are using simply work better when fasted is one reason)

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    in the large scale big scheme of things NO it doesn't really matter , thats why I said

""also keep in mind that after your fasted cardio , when you go into a calorie surplus your likely to partition some of that surplus back into fat . so overall you may not be loosing body fat""

all that matters in the macro scale is calories in vs calories out, and cardio is nothing more then a way of getting calories out.
    And on paper as well as various studies this proves to be pretty much true and advocated by very smart people like Layne Norton for eg.

however, some things from practical experience do not necessarily carry over to evidence on paper . there are metabolic processes, individual glucose metabolisms, genetics, natural hormones, drugs etc. that all play a part of this . and some people , through years and years of practical experience , swear by fasted cardio saying they loose body fat much faster when doing fasted cardio (even though supposedly on paper this may seem to not make a difference) .

Some people just mobilize fat much better in a fasted condition , and when you add in so many other factors to this (like are they taking insulin , yohimbe, caffeine and other fat burners before hand , as well as individual metabolism differences) its very hard to have a 'controlled' study , as these studies are not using drug using body builders. for example, yohimbe simply works better when your fasted and your going to oxidize more fat when doing fasted cardio with it (taking yoihmbe with a meal is useless). <---- thats just one variable of many .

again, keep in mind a lot of studies on diet and training and fat burning are done with the 'natural' trainee in mind . the enhanced athlete is a whole other thing . and again theres a reason why enhanced AAS using bodybuilders in general prefer to do fasted cardio (the drugs they are using simply work better when fasted is one reason)
    GH- I’m glad I know you! You have added a new element and made me realize that I am mixing my results from the days of natural bodybuilding and my present AAS bodybuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GearHeaded likes this.

Thread Information