Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: eggs! more'n 15 a day ok?

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

eggs! more'n 15 a day ok?

got me some chickens! shoot. they aint set up to lay in the winter, but i wager i'd save a buck investing in some heat lamps and more grain for'em! yum eggs! lord knows i love'm raw.

anyways, there a problem with slurping down more than 15 a day?

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would get sick of eating that many every day.. i eat 4, 5 if they small, for breakfast

Blog Entries
    i don't mind them at all. easy and fast. sometimes people just want to watch me down 7 of em at a time because they think it's really gross.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    It is pretty gross and there is a chance of getting sick from eating them raw. But I don’t think there is a problem with eating that many at all. Calories in, calories out. Macros are macros.

Blog Entries
    have never gotten sick from raw eggs. i believe the ratio is 1 / 1000, but of all the races i'm comprised of latino accounts for a large portion. many Asian and Caucasians have weaker stomachs. whenever i hear stories about stomach upset it's always coming from a Caucasian. I've got a pretty strong gut and i think it's in part thanks to my Latino heritage. i was having a conversation about this with another board mate a few days ago oddly enough. it ended with me admitting that i cannot do roller coasters despite being able to eat sketchy things like a whole pint of sour goat's milk without yaking. i eat eggs because i get fuller longer with meat. off cycle my stomach acid isn't as potent. tren enables me to eat much more meat.

i got a buddy from Florida who does not react at all to the small pocks vaccination. most people get a disgusting boil that lasts for weeks. -beautiful mutations.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    eggs that are cooked (but not over cooked) have a higher protein bio availabitly then raw eggs.. so for getting your protein in and absorbing it , your better off cooking your eggs
    Clove1234 likes this.

1moreset024 is offline Banned
    I eat about 20 eggs a day (17 with yolk removed and 3 or 4 whole)

I never get sick if eggs.

But 20 eggs on top of 2000mg NAC daily, and a whey shake, people around me are less enthusiastic about the effects of thier digestion.

I've passed a few outside the doors at a department store, only to be attacked an hour later upon leaving the store, potent bastard lingered iutdoirs for easily 5 minutes or so...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    There is a chance that it could be harmful. the egg white has a protein called avidin. Avidin has an extremely high binding affinity for biotin. Hence why a lot of labs use a avidin/biotin assay for different test.

The uncooked or denatured avidin will bind biotin and cause biotin deficiency. 2-3 raw a day isn’t a big deal short term. But 20 will seriously increase the risk of that happening.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    There is a chance that it could be harmful. the egg white has a protein called avidin. Avidin has an extremely high binding affinity for biotin. Hence why a lot of labs use a avidin/biotin assay for different test.

The uncooked or denatured avidin will bind biotin and cause biotin deficiency. 2-3 raw a day isn’t a big deal short term. But 20 will seriously increase the risk of that happening.
    Yea but what if any dangers are you at risk of with low biotin? Weak nails and hair??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    Yea but what if any dangers are you at risk of with low biotin? Weak nails and hair??
    Seizures and ataxia are kinda bad.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I stand corrected after doing some research, learn something on here everyday.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    shoot.

this makes things more difficult. i'm already not much of an eater off cycle. my stomach just doesn't do the job fast enough in a day. this has got to go in my journal. the only thing i can think of now is more whey and casein in addition to the cottage cheese, and meat. Or more cottage cheese. i can do more cottage cheese. like that stuff.

i like hard boiled eggs, but with more solid foods, i'll stay full for longer than i'd like.

that's the awesome thing about tren . the amount of food i was able to eat was surprising the heck out of me. i don't remember Deca doing that, but Deca is my next cycle's 19 nor.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 12-30-2017 at 01:05 PM.

1moreset024 is offline Banned
    Cottage cheese

Few raspberries, few blueberries, few strawberries, all mixed up with some cinnamon.....good good eating
    Too-$mall likes this.

What he said

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    got me some chickens! shoot. they aint set up to lay in the winter, but i wager i'd save a buck investing in some heat lamps and more grain for'em! yum eggs! lord knows i love'm raw.

15 whole eggs. That's too much saturated fat and cholesterol. Even half as much as 15 is too much saturated fat and cholesterol.

You must get your dietary information from the mass media
    GearHeaded likes this.

Blog Entries
    it's hard to please everyone, but if you try... : D

Quote Originally Posted by BrockBadger View Post
    15 whole eggs. That's too much saturated fat and cholesterol. Even half as much as 15 is too much saturated fat and cholesterol.
    saturated fat and cholesterol are essential nutrients . so your saying 7 eggs, each containing only 3g of saturated fat (so 21g of saturated fat total) is a bad thing ?

Love me some fats, however after four months keto. F*** cheese for awhile

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's a product called "muscle egg" (or close to that). It's a flavored egg-white product that I drink raw. Its a little pricey, but the cake batter flavor is delicious. I order a few at a time, freeze the extra's for later. Its another alternative idea if eggs beat you down (....see what I did there).

Best,
    C-

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would be slightly concerned with developing an intolerance or allergy to the eggs with that high of intake, since allergies can be acquired from exposure. More likely with gluten and dairy but still I think too much of anything is not a good thing.
    You can scramble them easily or mash up the hard boiled ones with low fat mayo to make them more easily digestible and less filling

Blog Entries
    yea, i stopped doing that stuff. too bad to. it was super convenient. on keto now, so i can't just go crazy with fats. i just cook the eggs now, but i can slam'em at work no more : /

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    saturated fat and cholesterol are essential nutrients . so your saying 7 eggs, each containing only 3g of saturated fat (so 21g of saturated fat total) is a bad thing ?
    Diets high in saturated fat can drive up total cholesterol. And LDL. This creates blockages in the arteries and the body and the brain. This is just for starters. Cholesterol is also made by the body so it is not essential. Given what you've provided 7 eggs at 3g of saturated fat per egg is 21 grams of saturated fat. That is 189 kcal. 7 eggs in total is 518 kcal. Some experts recommend saturated fat be no more than 10% of total kcal. 10% of 518 is 51.8 kcal. 189kcal is way above that amount. This is just the beginning of the link between high saturated fat and cholesterol in the research. I may go ahead and post more on the subject in a little while.

Blog Entries
    Diets high in saturated fat can drive up total cholesterol. And LDL. This creates blockages in the arteries and the body and the brain. This is just for starters. Cholesterol is also made by the body so it is not essential. Given what you've provided 7 eggs at 3g of saturated fat per egg is 21 grams of saturated fat. That is 189 kcal. 7 eggs in total is 518 kcal. Some experts recommend saturated fat be no more than 10% of total kcal. 10% of 518 is 51.8 kcal. 189kcal is way above that amount. This is just the beginning of the link between high saturated fat and cholesterol in the research. I may go ahead and post more on the subject in a little while.
    Saturated fat with A high carbohydrate diet yes, saturated fats on their own, not so much. Cholesterol is also a poor indicator for cardiovascular health, especially if you are basing it off LDL cholesterol. Now if you look at the different size LDL cholesterol’s
    Then you have somewhat more to go off of.

Secondly, the low fat diet that has been preached all these years is CLEARLY not working. Basically All the epidemiological studies over that last 30 years would say the same thing.

Lastly, atherosclerosis is all about inflammation of the endothelial linings of ateries. Not about the cholesterol floating around in it that composes the cell membrane of every cell in the body.
    GearHeaded and Clove1234 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

pretty sure a lot of new research has come out lately that is showing otherwise. simple observances has led to new research and questioning this "old" research your referring to. Inuit people eat about 80% of their diet as fat (mainly saturated), and they have the lowest amount of heart disease then anyone else. also, our fat consumption used to be much higher years ago and people on average weighed 30 pounds lighter then they do now , but now after the years of 'low fat' dieting and people consuming carbs and sugar like crazy we suddenly have an obesity epidemic and heart disease and diabetes runs rampant .
    connect the dots. don't even need to read the studies. common sense.

there are people that I know of personally who've gone from a normal low fat diet, to a high saturated fat keto diet and vastly improved all their health markers and blood work.. and get taken off medications the doctors said they would have to take for life.

plenty of doctors out there that advise their patients to consume saturated fat as a healthy and beneficial form of fat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPyn5kekR8
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 01-09-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    Clove1234 and MuscleScience like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    pretty sure a lot of new research has come out lately that is showing otherwise. simple observances has led to new research and questioning this "old" research your referring to. Inuit people eat about 80% of their diet as fat (mainly saturated), and they have the lowest amount of heart disease then anyone else. also, our fat consumption used to be much higher years ago and people on average weighed 30 pounds lighter then they do now , but now after the years of 'low fat' dieting and people consuming carbs and sugar like crazy we suddenly have an obesity epidemic and heart disease and diabetes runs rampant .
    connect the dots. don't even need to read the studies. common sense.

there are people that I know of personally who've gone from a normal low fat diet, to a high saturated fat keto diet and vastly improved all their health markers and blood work.. and get taken off medications the doctors said they would have to take for life.

plenty of doctors out there that advise their patients to consume saturated fat as a healthy and beneficial form of fat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPyn5kekR8
    Amen!

Remember when they told us Trans Fat made in a lab was what we were suppose to eat? I’ll take my chances with an avacodo or eggs over some lab made super nutrient...lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Lots of new studies out that show cholesterol has not much to do with overall health. Why do people with “low cholesterol” have heart attacks. You need to be looking at diet and inflammatory markers in the body.

Look at science based information regarding health and diet. It takes the medicine world way to long to adopt common knowledge amongst nutritionist/scientist. (So basically, be super skeptic of anything you read in the media.)
    GearHeaded and MuscleScience like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

If you can tolerate that many I see know problems. I've ate many more than that in day myself without any issues.

It most likely wont be an issue

Saturated fat with A high carbohydrate diet yes, saturated fats on their own, not so much. Cholesterol is also a poor indicator for cardiovascular health, especially if you are basing it off LDL cholesterol. Now if you look at the different size LDL cholesterol’s
    Then you have somewhat more to go off of.

Secondly, the low fat diet that has been preached all these years is CLEARLY not working. Basically All the epidemiological studies over that last 30 years would say the same thing.

Lastly, atherosclerosis is all about inflammation of the endothelial linings of ateries. Not about the cholesterol floating around in it that composes the cell membrane of every cell in the body.
    Obesity and type 2 diabetes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18481955

This is just one study supporting my position. Cholesterol is also a problem. You'll have to be more specific on the studies your talking about. Here i've added another one. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23509418

This is just for your further investigation. Cholesterol... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/

Good discussion everyone
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 01-09-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Obesity and type 2 diabetes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18481955

This is just one study supporting my position. Cholesterol is also a problem. You'll have to be more specific on the studies your talking about. Here i've added another one. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23509418

This is just for your further investigation. Cholesterol... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
    Your pubmed works just as well as mine, might want to look for more recent work...

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    This should help get you started.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22208554/

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Your pubmed works just as well as mine, might want to look for more recent work...
    "My button is bigger than your button and mine works" lol
    Too-$mall likes this.

Blog Entries
    "My button is bigger than your button and mine works" lol

I found one in my old power points notes. This is almost exactly what the author is talking about

Kern F Jr. Normal plasma cholesterol in an 88-year-old man who eats 25 eggs a day: mechanisms of adaptation . N Engl J Med 1991; 324 : 896–9.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Interesting read. It looks like there is some cholesterol balancing that is occurring. Interesting case study. It doesn't explain all the other research I have though. But it is very plausible. If you don't have a genetic adaptation things may not go so smoothly. But good find. I'll add this to my collection. It adds a layer of complexity. I'm still confidant in my recommendation from what I've seen.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 01-10-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think where the divide is, no matter the source of the saturated fat, whether it’s Processed vegetable oil, avacodos or eggs. The recommendations say to avoid saturated fats all together. Of course saturated fat in the singular form of vegetable oil isn’t great for you. In nature, for instance in an egg. You have multiple forms of saturated and unsaturated fats. When your body obsorbs them and passes them from the lymphatic system to the blood stream they would normally be packaged together. Because they completely bypass the hypatic portal vein and are only further processed either at the target tissue or second pass through to the liver.

There is more than enough evidence for dietary cholesterol as a risk factor to be dropped, infact data was manipulated 30 plus years ago in the original land mark study that the recommendations were based on to make fat and not sugars as the macro or concern. That’s also been well documented and more so recently. Criss Kessler is the big proponent now of adding fats back into our diets along with Rhonda Patrick, Dom D'Agostino and Steven Masley.

Interesting read. It looks like there is some cholesterol balancing that is occurring. Interesting case study. It doesn't explain all the other research I have though. But it is very plausible. If you don't have a genetic adaptation things may not go so smoothly. But good find. I'll add this to my collection. I'm still confidant in my recommendation from what I've seen.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    wow, i will have to read that stuff. thanks man!

that some serious knowlege!

to comment further about my eating. i went on this keto diet where i'm only supposed to eat about 40g of fat 20g of fiber and around 200g protein a day. well i'm screwing it up because i'm broke right now, so i'm only getting about 40gfat 40g carb and 200g protein.

i don't really have a whole lot that's low carb. i do have chicken, but i'm not meal prepping. i also need more fiber, but the fiber i do have has too many carbs.

cottage cheese has too many carbs and so does plain yogurt. am i going to loose any fat? i killed it in the gym tonight and i'm working out like 5-6 days a week.

i was gonna hit up the vitamin shoppe on pay day and pick up some keto friendly fiber and a GDA? maybe some keto protein as well?

drinking a lot of water too. my job is sedentary. i sit in a chair for about 8 hrs a day.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 01-10-2018 at 10:26 PM.

wow, i will have to read that stuff. thanks man!

that some serious knowlege!

to comment further about my eating. i went on this keto diet where i'm only supposed to eat about 40g of fat 20g of fiber and around 200g protein a day. well i'm screwing it up because i'm broke right now, so i'm only getting about 40gfat 40g carb and 200g protein.

i don't really have a whole lot that's low carb. i do have chicken, but i'm not meal prepping. i also need more fiber, but the fiber i do have has too many carbs.

cottage cheese has too many carbs and so does plain yogurt. am i going to loose any fat? i killed it in the gym tonight and i'm working out like 5-6 days a week.

i was gonna hit up the vitamin shoppe on pay day and pick up some keto friendly fiber and a GDA? maybe some keto protein as well?

drinking a lot of water too. my job is sedentary. i sit in a chair for about 8 hrs a day.
    hey brother , hit the diet section and start a thread "help with diet". I think we can really help you out.. your kinda all over the map here and need some good guidance. especially if you are on a $ budget (Keto can be an expensive diet)

I think where the divide is, no matter the source of the saturated fat, whether it’s Processed vegetable oil, avacodos or eggs. The recommendations say to avoid saturated fats all together. Of course saturated fat in the singular form of vegetable oil isn’t great for you. In nature, for instance in an egg. You have multiple forms of saturated and unsaturated fats. When your body obsorbs them and passes them from the lymphatic system to the blood stream they would normally be packaged together. Because they completely bypass the hypatic portal vein and are only further processed either at the target tissue or second pass through to the liver.

There is more than enough evidence for dietary cholesterol as a risk factor to be dropped, infact data was manipulated 30 plus years ago in the original land mark study that the recommendations were based on to make fat and not sugars as the macro or concern. That’s also been well documented and more so recently. Criss Kessler is the big proponent now of adding fats back into our diets along with Rhonda Patrick, Dom D'Agostino and Steven Masley.

Heres one on eggs specifically. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684

I just have quite a bit of research on this... But this will be a good thread for some research info.

Blog Entries
    I have a degree in cardiac rehab, or my thesis was on that it’s a CVP physiology degree.

Heres one on eggs specifically. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684

I just have quite a bit of research on this... But this will be a good thread for some research info.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information