Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19

Thread: Anyone here use my fitness pal? Diet critique needed.

  1. #1
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223

    Diet critique needed.

    Looking for a someone to critique my diet.
    Last edited by 99JT; 01-30-2019 at 12:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMann View Post
    Looking for a someone to critique my diet.
    Quite a few members use it - you may get a faster response or more replies posting it here if you can export it from the app.
    It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes.

    No source checks.

  3. #3
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223
    here is a typical day im currently trying to loose a little fat.

    Anyone here use my fitness pal? Diet critique needed.-capture.png

  4. #4
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMann View Post
    here is a typical day im currently trying to loose a little fat.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	175642
    Are the snacks periodically throughout the day or one complete meal?

    Is Kitchen 32 a brand name or a restaurant?

    https://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitam...ht-be-harmful/
    and
    https://www.livescience.com/19000-vi...ier-death.html
    and
    https://examine.com/

    may have you reconsider Multivitamins, especially the multi's that have borderline dangerous quantities like AnimalPak. Adding Emergen-C daily is almost a second multivitamin ontop of that as well.

    What time does training occur?

    Do you add salt to any of your food not shown in the picture and what does training intensity + frequency look like? Do you ever feel bloated or get muscle cramps? The reason I ask is 4000mg of Sodium may not be enough.

    All of your healthy fats are only coming from one source (peanut butter) the remaining fats are coming in trace amounts like from the Quest Bar or Poptart and a single serving of meatballs. You want all 3 types of fat in your diet : Saturated Fat, Monounsatured Fat, Poly Unsaturated Fat.

    A quest bar is basically a chocolate bar with whey protein concentrate, I would look to bake your own (recipe section of website) or substitute for another food.

    The black and blue steak has 23g of carbs listed, is that from a sauce? (same quest for the shrimp)

    Of your 355g of carbs, it looks like 88% is coming from simple or refined sugar. I would work on trying to flip that percentage around and/or introduce unrefined sugar. An easy example is removing poptarts and switching to Oikos plain yogurt + adding frozen berries in. Oikos Plain Yogurt + Frozen / fresh berries is completely different than their mixed berry flavor.

    I don't see any vegetables - need those.
    It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes.

    No source checks.

  5. #5
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Are the snacks periodically throughout the day or one complete meal?
    the snacks are periodically throughout the day in between meals.

    Is Kitchen 32 a brand name or a restaurant?
    its a local meal prep place.

    https://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitam...ht-be-harmful/
    and
    https://www.livescience.com/19000-vi...ier-death.html
    and
    https://examine.com/

    may have you reconsider Multivitamins, especially the multi's that have borderline dangerous quantities like AnimalPak. Adding Emergen-C daily is almost a second multivitamin ontop of that as well.
    ok will drop the multi and Emergen-C

    What time does training occur?
    i get up at 6am and train at 7

    Do you add salt to any of your food not shown in the picture and what does training intensity + frequency look like? Do you ever feel bloated or get muscle cramps? The reason I ask is 4000mg of Sodium may not be enough.
    their may be some more salt in their but not much i never realy tracked sodium but actually thought it was high and yes i occasionally feel bloated and have muscle cramps.

    All of your healthy fats are only coming from one source (peanut butter) the remaining fats are coming in trace amounts like from the Quest Bar or Poptart and a single serving of meatballs. You want all 3 types of fat in your diet : Saturated Fat, Monounsatured Fat, Poly Unsaturated Fat.

    A quest bar is basically a chocolate bar with whey protein concentrate, I would look to bake your own (recipe section of website) or substitute for another food.
    i will drop the bar and substitute something else i was just using it as extra cals

    The black and blue steak has 23g of carbs listed, is that from a sauce? (same quest for the shrimp)
    the steak has broccoli and potatoes and the shrimp has broccoli and rice

    Of your 355g of carbs, it looks like 88% is coming from simple or refined sugar. I would work on trying to flip that percentage around and/or introduce unrefined sugar. An easy example is removing poptarts and switching to Oikos plain yogurt + adding frozen berries in. Oikos Plain Yogurt + Frozen / fresh berries is completely different than their mixed berry flavor.

    I don't see any vegetables - need those.
    honestly not a big vegi fan my previous diet (you dont want to see it) literally had zero vegetables and that got me nowhere

    thanks for all the advise i will defiantly make some changes.

  6. #6
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,592
    Blog Entries
    6
    What’s your total daily caloric expenditure?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  7. #7
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMann View Post
    honestly not a big vegi fan my previous diet (you dont want to see it) literally had zero vegetables and that got me nowhere

    thanks for all the advise i will defiantly make some changes.
    What do you mean by not being a fan of vegetables - as you don't like the taste? If that's the case you just got to be creative - experiment with condiments, salads, salad dressing etc. Whenever I get bored of a taste or flavour I try a new brand of hot sauce or spice or whatever the case may be.

    You don't necessarily have to quit multivitamins cold turkey the links were just some food for thought as a lot of the vitamin information is heavily talked about as compared to other nutrition elements.

    Aside from the overall general health benefits, the micro nutrition that vegetables provide is extremely beneficial to bodybuilding. You want your protein and carbs to go to your muscles and your fat to turn into hormones, not empty into the toilet.

    Imagine two people are building a house for themselves.

    Jimmy is using top of the line materials, beautiful hardwood flooring, granite countertops, top notch brick, the works. (macronutrition). However, Jimmy only has slowpoke 4 employees building the house and he decides to furnish it with stuff from the dollar store, thrift shop, maybe walmart (poor micro nutrition, the inside stuff)

    On the other hand John has 4 employees that are hyper-efficient and all stars. He has the same outdoor materials but he's got the snazzy interior, with high quality craftsman work.

    Sure both houses function the same, but which would you want to live in?
    It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes.

    No source checks.

  8. #8
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What’s your total daily caloric expenditure?
    I was at 3400 cals for the last 3.5 weeks and lost 4-5lbs. I went up to 3500 and I'll see where that puts me I'ma not trying to cut weight or anything just lean out a bit before I start a bulk in a couple months hopefully with better results from a cleaner diet.

  9. #9
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,592
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMann View Post
    I was at 3400 cals for the last 3.5 weeks and lost 4-5lbs. I went up to 3500 and I'll see where that puts me I'ma not trying to cut weight or anything just lean out a bit before I start a bulk in a couple months hopefully with better results from a cleaner diet.
    Do you know what your maintenance level of calories is?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  10. #10
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Do you know what your maintenance level of calories is?
    my maintenance is around 3700 cal.

  11. #11
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMann View Post
    I was at 3400 cals for the last 3.5 weeks and lost 4-5lbs. I went up to 3500 and I'll see where that puts me I'ma not trying to cut weight or anything just lean out a bit before I start a bulk in a couple months hopefully with better results from a cleaner diet.
    caloric expenditure?

    He meant estimated TDEE
    It helps track down how much food you need per day to meet certain goals like dropping 2lbs a week or gaining weight
    TDEE
    MuscleScience likes this.

  12. #12
    99JT is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    What do you mean by not being a fan of vegetables - as you don't like the taste? If that's the case you just got to be creative - experiment with condiments, salads, salad dressing etc. Whenever I get bored of a taste or flavour I try a new brand of hot sauce or spice or whatever the case may be.

    You don't necessarily have to quit multivitamins cold turkey the links were just some food for thought as a lot of the vitamin information is heavily talked about as compared to other nutrition elements.

    Aside from the overall general health benefits, the micro nutrition that vegetables provide is extremely beneficial to bodybuilding. You want your protein and carbs to go to your muscles and your fat to turn into hormones, not empty into the toilet.

    Imagine two people are building a house for themselves.

    Jimmy is using top of the line materials, beautiful hardwood flooring, granite countertops, top notch brick, the works. (macronutrition). However, Jimmy only has slowpoke 4 employees building the house and he decides to furnish it with stuff from the dollar store, thrift shop, maybe walmart (poor micro nutrition, the inside stuff)

    On the other hand John has 4 employees that are hyper-efficient and all stars. He has the same outdoor materials but he's got the snazzy interior, with high quality craftsman work.

    Sure both houses function the same, but which would you want to live in?
    swapped the pop tart out for a yogurt and banana. still looking for some ideas for some snacks full of healthy carbs and some healthy fats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •