Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Weightlifter's Shoulder

Macros is offline Junior Member

Weightlifter's Shoulder

I have weightlifter's shoulder (distal clavicle osteolysis) in my right shoulder I've modified my workout to remove the things that bother it the most - barbell bench press, dips, barbell overhead shoulder press. I'm doing what I can to continue to have good workouts and not injure myself more. I wanted to ask if anyone has had arthroscopic surgery for this injury and was it successful? How long was the recovery? How much did the surgery cost? I know there is no way to heal this injury, so I'm seriously considering surgery. I just want to know what I would be getting myself into.

Thanks!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Is similar to whack off elbow?
    Quester likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Not familiar with whack off elbow, you'll have to elaborate. I actually get pussy.

Btw if you're going to take the time to reply to a post can you at least say something worthwhile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros
    Not familiar with whack off elbow, you'll have to elaborate. I actually get pussy. Btw if you're going to take the time to reply to a post can you at least say something worthwhile.
    Why so angry? I was just kidding, it seemed funny to me lol

If you have exhausted all means then surgery could be a possible route, the surgery sucks, I had it but as part of a baseball injury. Wish I wouldn't have. Sometimes taking time off or modifying your routine for upto a year can be all it needs. It's a repetitive stress injury and like all injuries of that nature, time is the best medicine if it hasn't progressed to far.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Not familiar with whack off elbow, you'll have to elaborate. I actually get pussy.

Btw if you're going to take the time to reply to a post can you at least say something worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Why so angry? I was just kidding, it seemed funny to me lol

If you have exhausted all means then surgery could be a possible route, the surgery sucks, I had it but as part of a baseball injury. Wish I wouldn't have. Sometimes taking time off or modifying your routine for upto a year can be all it needs. It's a repetitive stress injury and like all injuries of that nature, time is the best medicine if it hasn't progressed to far.

----------------------------------------------------------

Roid rage ?? haha Sorry mate but I had to do it, couldnt help myself.

----------------------------------------------------------

This is why form in lifting is everything. The video mentions several treatment methods. I would also advice surgery as a last resort and only if normal activities are painful. A workout can easily be modified to accommodate injuries. Dont focus on weight but rather intensity. Even a 20lb dumbbell can be made to feel heavy AF with the right training structure. Surgery costs vary considerably throughout the country. Get a consultation and just ask them directly. Shoulder injuries are a nightmare as far as healing time, easily 6+ months if all goes well.

Knowledge Center: Patient information about orthopedic disorders.

https://www.nyboneandjoint.com/artic...ters-shoulder/

I know the websites say 6 weeks recovery, but in my experience that is very optimistic and rare, especially for someone who's goal is bodybuilding.

Thank you for the replies. Not roid rage as I have never cycles AAS. Hopefully starting my first cycle soon, but I'm trying to figure out what to do about my shoulder first. MuscleScience my bad, I thought you were messing with me - good luck with your whack off elbow.

I have good insurance and would be willing to go through a 6-8 week recovery to avoid pain for the next 30 years. From what I've read, arthroscopic surgery is successful for this injury and usually only takes 6 weeks to get back to where you were before the surgery but pain free. If I end of getting the surgery I'll put a thread up to explain the ins and outs and to track my recovery.

Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros
    Thank you for the replies. Not roid rage as I have never cycles AAS. Hopefully starting my first cycle soon, but I'm trying to figure out what to do about my shoulder first. MuscleScience my bad, I thought you were messing with me - good luck with your whack off elbow. I have good insurance and would be willing to go through a 6-8 week recovery to avoid pain for the next 30 years. From what I've read, arthroscopic surgery is successful for this injury and usually only takes 6 weeks to get back to where you were before the surgery but pain free. If I end of getting the surgery I'll put a thread up to explain the ins and outs and to track my recovery. Thanks guys
    whack off elbows*

Lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i find changing grip really helps with whack off elbow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    i find changing grip really helps with whack off elbow.
    lmao!

Thread Information