ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member

21 years old been lifting for 2 years.

This is me about a week ago. Im 21, 5'10 and 190 lbs. When i started 2 years ago i weighed 140! i wish i had photos from before but i was like a rail, well 145 lbs at 5'10 and u do the math, you all know what that would look like.
    Im just asking for friendly advice on where i should improve most. Please constructive critisism, but feel free to comment, being as im looking for it.
    and I KNOW THE WHEELS ARE SMALL so ae my dads its a genetic thing, but i recently just started squatting and i shud ge better results with that then the leg press!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21 years old been lifting for 2 years.-boardpic.jpg   21 years old been lifting for 2 years.-boardpic2.jpg  

diezell is offline Senior Member
    good work so far man, looks like youre gonna have an awesome flair on the lats

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Looking like you've developed a good base so far.. as far as the legs go it's better just to admit you don't train them on a regular basis than pull the genetics card.. my legs were TINY when I first started, it just takes a lot of work and consistancy. Btw, my parents have skinny legs too, and it's not because of genetics it's because they don't squat

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Looking like you've developed a good base so far.. as far as the legs go it's better just to admit you don't train them on a regular basis than pull the genetics card.. my legs were TINY when I first started, it just takes a lot of work and consistancy. Btw, my parents have skinny legs too, and it's not because of genetics it's because they don't squat

My too, i once could've won the chicken leg contest

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Ditto.

That being said.. you're looking solid bro... a lot of potential there

Jiesel is offline Associate Member
    looking good, arms look huge...pry need to work on chest and traps.....start doing deadlifts, bent rows, then flat bench and Incline dumbbell press If you arnt already....

wow guys...thanks!!! especially the mods... that made my day. im kinda hard on myself about it so i was self concious putting them up, i thought people were gunna call me a beanpole. anyway, i know guys, squats are first priority now. and deadlifting...well, lets say i need to get the form down, im only felin it in my lower back

and ive been meaning to ask u bro the whole time ive been on the board, what do u do for ur legs? ive been so curious ever since i saw ur avatar!

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    here u go...

*- A Leg Routine -*

BD's Current Leg Routine

His leg routine!

my main goal is to get to 225, and be around 10-12% bodyfat. what wud u guys say im like 14 right now?

bump

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    looking good buddy. There is no secret leg routine that will help. its all about hard work and heavy squatting. Just make sure you fry those quads every week!!! If you can walk properly 2 days afterwards you didnt train hard enough! Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69
    my main goal is to get to 225, and be around 10-12% bodyfat. what wud u guys say im like 14 right now?
    Goodluck iron, if you need help post up the questions as they come up.
    I'd quit worrying about an eventual weight etc and concentrate on what's infront of you, which is eating solid meals each day and blasting through your training routines from week to week. Keep a log and challenge your lifts every week, and most of all start working legs!
    There is no "secret" to great legs, you just gotta EARN them.

best of luck
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

guys i cant thank you enough, good motivation it is to me when people qith a godly physique as yours say positive things. and as for the quats, i was going heavy sets of 5, and never even felt it in my quads. i only felt it in my ass and hams. and iWASNT very sore. i get more sore on the leg press :-/

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    guys i cant thank you enough, good motivation it is to me when people qith a godly physique as yours say positive things. and as for the quats, i was going heavy sets of 5, and never even felt it in my quads. i only felt it in my ass and hams. and iWASNT very sore. i get more sore on the leg press :-/
    try doing higher reps for legs 15-20, it'll make a man out of you, also make legs your first workout of the week so you wont make up an excuse not to do them (what i used to do)

I'm not a big fan of 15-20rep sets on legs but they are good for a change from time to time.. I'd stick with 6-10reps but on your 8th to 10th rep you should need a spotter to be there as you fail out.

Check your form.. drop the weight back until you can go parallel to the floor with your quads, if you aren't going low enough you'll never truly make your quads grow.. start on the smith machine if you have to.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    nice work,dude

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Check your form.. drop the weight back until you can go parallel to the floor with your quads, if you aren't going low enough you'll never truly make your quads grow.. start on the smith machine if you have to.
    Good advice, I see too many people stacking too much weight on and bending their knees an inch or two on squats or try to go too low and get crushed. It's very dangerous but very funny to watch

well getting crushed isnt an issue i put the bars on the squat rack below parallen so if i fall, itll catch. another problem, is im having trouble getting my back thicker.

well getting crushed isnt an issue i put the bars on the squat rack below parallen so if i fall, itll catch. another problem, is im having trouble getting my back thicker.
    IMO bent barbell rows are the best exercise there is for your entire back, especially thickness. also you dont need to bend over all the way parallel to the ground, keep your feet fairly close together and slide the barbell straight up your thighs to your waist.

yeah that makes sense thanks 666. haha satan follower? or a slipknot maggot like me?

yeah that makes sense thanks 666. haha satan follower? or a slipknot maggot like me?
    ex-504th Parachute Infantry Regiment
    the "Devils"

ahh very cool man. can i ask what cycles youve done in the past? ur pretty damn ripped

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    a good way to thicken your back is deadlifts and as iron addict said, barbell rows. just keep good form and you wont get hurt!
    your lookin solid bro

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    a good way to thicken your back is deadlifts and as iron addict said, barbell rows. just keep good form and you wont get hurt!
    your lookin solid bro
    thanks, and with deads, i dont even feel it in my back even tho i keep my shoulders back. however bent over rows i like.

S431M7 is offline Banned
    This is me about a week ago. Im 21, 5'10 and 190 lbs. When i started 2 years ago i weighed 140! i wish i had photos from before but i was like a rail, well 145 lbs at 5'10 and u do the math, you all know what that would look like.
    Im just asking for friendly advice on where i should improve most. Please constructive critisism, but feel free to comment, being as im looking for it.
    and I KNOW THE WHEELS ARE SMALL so ae my dads its a genetic thing, but i recently just started squatting and i shud ge better results with that then the leg press!
    I thought u said u were not even 20 lol

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S431M7
    I thought u said u were not even 20 lol
    This thread is 6 months old.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    looking good

muscle_20 is offline Member
    You have long arms like i do which makes them look smaller than they are.
    I think you look good focus on the 3 big lifts in the 6-10 range and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by muscle_20
    You have long arms like i do which makes them look smaller than they are.
    I think you look good focus on the 3 big lifts in the 6-10 range and keep it up!
    damn dude thanks, that means alot coming from you. Yeah the arm situation sucks. i have a 6'1 reach.

Thread Information