pumpingiron8079 is offline Junior Member

The best liquid meal for post workout?

Are there places where you can get a shake, specifically designed for post workout anabolic phase, and what supplement would this be?

jypoll is offline Member
    50g iso whey protein

any protein that has a good amino acid profile...

or any protein plus a BCAA suplement.

and a banana

pumpingiron8079 is offline Junior Member
    aren't carbs really important right after a workout?

yes, hence banana. The real time for carbs is after that meal, about an hour later

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    not a banana though. there was just a thread about this I'll see if I can find it.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    50-60g milk protein
    30-40g Oats
    3g Ome ga3
    5g CM
    5g BM
    1g VitC

OR

10g BCAA
    10g Leucine
    30-40g Oats
    3g Omeg a3
    5g CM
    5g BA
    1g VitC

hey swifto I'm gonna hijack for a second, are there any long term sides for running 1g vitamin C every day? The 1 gram packets say for therapeudic use only?

bucks_243 is offline Junior Member
    Vitamin C is water souable so it would be hard to have any sides from it. The worst your looking at is stressing your liver if your on a TON of stuff.

the only side effect I guess is a lighter wallet. But I only use it in that dose on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by bucks_243 View Post
    Vitamin C is water souable so it would be hard to have any sides from it. The worst your looking at is stressing your liver if your on a TON of stuff.
    Any reccomends for a brand which is cheap to run at 1g? I have the "emergen-C" packs but they are all packaged separately in 1g doses and are super expensive. I'm thinking a can of powder would be much cheaper

Fit N Fun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    50-60g milk protein
    30-40g Oats
    3g Ome ga3
    5g CM
    5g BM
    1g VitC
    Interested in this mix, but do not understand the abreviations.

Can anyone illuminate?

What is CM and BM

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Simple carbs are very important immediately PW. I use a waxy maize product. There are several variations out there. I get more simple carbs PW then protein.

The studies have been done. Don't miss out on this anabolic window.

50grams whey
    70-100 grams carbs depending on what I train.

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    I used to consume 48g whey protein & 80g waximaize upon 30 minutes of working out - then eating chicken & sweet potato 1 hour after that shake.

Through more research - I have found out to have 10g BCAAs, a liquid amino acid supplement (Twin Labs Amino Fuel for me), and whatever you're supplementing with as well - arginine, creatine... - have immeadiate post workout - and then eat as soon as u get home - chicken & white rice for me (carbs & quick absorptions).

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunsNY View Post
    I used to consume 48g whey protein & 80g waximaize upon 30 minutes of working out - then eating chicken & sweet potato 1 hour after that shake.

Through more research - I have found out to have 10g BCAAs, a liquid amino acid supplement (Twin Labs Amino Fuel for me), and whatever you're supplementing with as well - arginine, creatine... - have immeadiate post workout - and then eat as soon as u get home - chicken & white rice for me (carbs & quick absorptions).
    With a high GI meal immediately PW you will elicit an insulin spike helping to store all of those nutrients your taking. You've depleted glycogen as well as broken down muscle tissue. You had it right the first time.

Research has shown that a carbohydrate intake of 0.8 to 1.2 grams per 1 kilogram of body weight maximizes glycogen synthesis and accelerates protein repair.

In addition, since muscle protein is degraded during exercise, the addition of a relatively large amount of protein to your post exercise meal is necessary to help rebuild the structural aspects of the muscle. After exercise, the body decreases its rate of protein synthesis and increases its rate of protein breakdown. However, the provision of protein and amino acid solutions has been shown to reverse this trend, increasing protein synthesis and decreasing protein breakdown.

Researchers have used anywhere from 0.2g - 0.4g of protein per 1 kilogram of body weight to demonstrate the effectiveness of adding protein to a post-workout carbohydrate drink (van Loon et al 2000b, Roy et al 1998). As an increased consumption of the essential amino acids may lead to a more positive protein balance, 0.4g/kg may be better than 0.2g/kg.

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    With a high GI meal immediately PW you will elicit an insulin spike helping to store all of those nutrients your taking. You've depleted glycogen as well as broken down muscle tissue. You had it right the first time.
    I'm confused now - I had chicken & sweet potato (isn't that a low GI carb) 1st. Switched it with advice from a bodybuilder friend with chicken & white rice (high GI carb). - and you're saying I had it right the first time?.... Did you misread or can you go further...

You had it right when you consumed whey/vitargo immediately PW. The meal an hour later is fine with chicken and sweet potato. Unless you're cutting the white rice would be fine as well.

Thread Information