stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it

Arms on own day or mixed in?

Just wondering what optimizes better growth for most. I know everyone is different but tryin to see what the majority of people see better results in size. I see better results with mixin them in. I do a little bit of bi's with back and tris with chest.

What do you do and what excercises do you use?

I like skull crushers, overhead dbell ext, tricep pushdowns for tris and for bi's I don't really have any set exercises. Jus depends on what I feel like doing that night.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I mix them in to my other workouts. With chest workouts such as pressing motions. The triceps are a prime mover along with the pecs for example. Essentially by doing arms on a separate day, one is working them out twice a week.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    agree with MS...

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Small muscles can be prioritized by hitting them more often, arms could have their own day and then again on chest and back....if that make sense.

I really like compounds for tris- close grip, reverse press, dips.... Followed by a higher rep iso action, like rope cable push downs. Bis...well I've not really mastered those fvckers

Yashp is offline Junior Member
    Since recovery varies from individual to individual, it's a difficult question to fully answer. I would however agree with one of the blokes above me, the arms are such small musclegroups that they oughta be incorporated into the other workouts and perhaps have an extra day on their own.

For me personally it all depends on how you setup the rest of your workout: the volume, frequency and intensity. I did triceps five times a week with great results some time ago. My pressing movements didn't stall or go down, however, they were a little stunted the first week but soon it moved on.

All I did was add in:

3 sets of rest-pause (3 + 2 + 1) overhead lockout from pins
    3 sets (25, 10, 8) of french press
    1-2 dropsets with whatever you fancy (only 3 drops down, and no cheat what so ever).

It would seem like a lot, but I suppose it just goes to show you can do pretty much anything with success as long as you adjust a few other things so it all fits together.

I hope it was useful, mate.

kelevra is offline Member
    i like a single day for them.
    However at times ill do three sets of bi's on back day and three tri's on chest day. Using the same sets sometimes I'll switch that. Tri's with back and bi's with chest.
    but I always have a set day late in the week to do arms all alone.

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Similar to Kelevra

I will perform opposite muscles and another week similar muscle group. Usually I have a day dedicated to arms, since Bi-cep is my favorite muscle group that usually gets more attention, though there are days I switch the arm day into Tri and legs. All depends on how my bi-cep is from the earlier bi work out.

Thread Information