Thread: Adrenaline

Dyrlingur is offline New Member

Adrenaline

Hi there, I have back injuries. And because of it I do take Morphine related drugs. Not to get high, I don´t even get high on the dozes I take. These are pills. So I have Adrenaline in my possession. If I should overdose I am suppose to inject it into my muscle and call an ambulance. And I do take steroid cycles once or twice a year. When I take part in competitions here in Iceland I have once gotten a bronze medal and twice gold. But somehow this thought came to mind the other day. What if I inject myself with Adrenaline minutes before I am suppose to lift weights in a competition. Would it boost up my strength? I would believe it would give me up to 20% stronger. Has anyone tried it? I have read about it online, and mostly it´s said that it is dangerous and it´s use for allergy attacks. But I somehow believe it would give me great strength minutes before me lifting weights in a competition. But of course I would never **** with something I do not know much of, or trust. So I seek information here, has anyone experience with this?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump 4 adrenaline rush

Chris4 is offline New Member
    You probably would be able to lift a little more assuming your heart doesn't fail because you're blood pressure got so high afterwards. Dude i wouldn't even consider it. If it was something worth trying i'm sure you'd of hurt reports on it right now but it's probably just to dangerous. Try something safer before your lift like smelling salts or some Listerine or something lol.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    listerine? mouthwash?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I would not advise taking an adrenaline shot before your competition. Assuming you would have no medical repercussions (not likely) your mental capacity may be altered. Mental focus and acuity is just as important for performing a lift or athletic even as any biochemical activities going on. If you are properly focused and mentally prepared. Your body should have enough adrenaline released along with other chemicals to execute the lift at as near your maximum potential as possible.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's insane.

Chris4 is offline New Member
    Yah, man it's a joke. It came to mind because on some of forum i was reading various things powerlifters would do to maybe wake them self up a little more or get like a quick snap of energy. Smelling salts i understand, but someone mentioned gargling with Listerine. Something about the alcohol in it or something and how it's strong it just got them going before they lifted. I figured it might be a little gentler alternative than having the OP stick himself with an EpiPen.

Thread Information