Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fit_deskjocky

Thread: Chest pumps

Mma67 is offline Junior Member

Chest pumps

I'm curious what you guys do to get good chest pumps. It's been a long time since I've felt that superman chest pump. I remember as a teenager doing bench press and feeling it in my chest. I haven't had that in a long time, from bench press, no matter how many reps, sets or how little or how heavy the weight is.

I feel like exercises like bench and even butterflies are activating my front delta more than my chest.

Please share you best chest pump routine.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mma67 View Post
    I'm curious what you guys do to get good chest pumps. It's been a long time since I've felt that superman chest pump. I remember as a teenager doing bench press and feeling it in my chest. I haven't had that in a long time, from bench press, no matter how many reps, sets or how little or how heavy the weight is.

I feel like exercises like bench and even butterflies are activating my front delta more than my chest.

Cable Flys, hitting multiple angles of the chest. Squeeze each rep at the bottom. Do 7 sets of 8-12, with 30 secs rest between each set
    Mma67 likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

I like bench press on a slight incline with dumbbells. I get great range of motion and full stretches that leads to a tremendous pump.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pre-exhaust/warm up;
    -superset machine flys & pushups, 4 sets of 20

Working sets
    -flat dumbbell press, double drop set on each set, 3 sets
    -superset incline cable flys & floor dumbbell press, 3 sets
    -superset decline fly and WIDE pushups, 3 sets

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Push-ups are great.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

start out heavy presses I prefer dumbell presses with strict form and good range of motion practice pushing with your chest only and getting the best stretch possible drop set the last set until true failure
    Do another few machine pressing movements drop setting last set until faluire
    Do incline flys stretch your chest drop your elbows as close to the ground as your chest allows drop set last set of flys until true failure..
    Now cable crossovers light weight high reps until failure
    Leave gym
    If you don't have a great pump you did something wrong or maybe you don't have enough glycogen left in your body try intra workout dextrose,whey shake when you start getting flat and/or spent ..if you do chest right you should be getting your chest more than front delts..don't worry about throwing heavy weight worry about pressing from the chest slow negatives and true failure with good form..

Thread Information