w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member

Need help from from experts...

i happened to get a couple prescriptions for androgel from my doc cause he wouldnt give me more test E inject. it is a 1% solution of a 5 gram packet. it has 50 mg of test in it but only roughly 10% is absorbed through the skin. so 5 mg a day. is there any way to make this more absorable? it is in a ethyl ahcoloh solution.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I'm no expert, nor do I know how to make it more absorbable, but I think you should just bag it with the androgel . IMO you still aren't gettting much test with it, so why bother?

i agree with u completely, but im not one to throw away a free prescription. jsut trying to make the most out of it cause i have it.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    This is from (huge) at musclesci...I was on Androgel last year and when I had my lab work done by the doctor my test level was around 1200 my free test was way up there also, normally my test is about 400<just pitifull). Between that and 3iu's a day of HGH within 2 months I put on about 9 lbs of muscle and stayed lean too. The amount of protein I was consuming was out of control too.

Thanks for your feed back!

Hugh
    Eat Clean To Stay Lean

A friend of mine is on HRT, and his doc had him on the Testoderm patches for a long time. But those have been dicontinued, so he is now on Androgel.

I was reading the package insert, and it states that the 10 gram packet of gel contains 100mg's of Testosterone USP. After being applied, aprroximately 10% of the test will enter the system over a 24 hour period. So from 100mg's of Testosterone, you would only actually be getting 10mg's. Now 10mg's is a lot for a guy with low test levels, but not very much for our purposes.
    Then take into account how much of that 10mg's of Test will be bound up by SHBG, and that really cuts it down.

So in my opinion, Androgel is great for a guy on HRT, but pretty much worthless for bodybuilders.
    Last edited by PuddleMonkey; 05-07-2004 at 04:55 AM.

well i am on hrt cause i was having a problem with pituitary and with prolactin levels. and when i asked doc about a water pill or nolva to help with the gtno and water retention he just gave me a script for the gel and said it would cause less side effect cause it wasnt as strong. my test level were were at like 226

bump anyone else?

Thread Information