Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    Well is this program that intense that many cant follow through with it? It sounds like a solid program non the less. Have you ever tried it abstrack?
    I have only talked to him through email and was interested in his program but with no job at the present time, 400 dollars is quite a pocket buster not including what else goes into the program.

the program is not that intense it is just like anything else you do, it takes a hell of alot of dedication and focusing on goals. you have to change your way of thinking and open up to leaning a new way of training, eating, etc...

i only made my comment because i have seen before people quitting because it was too much for them to dedicate themselves to or they could not grasp onto new concepts
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Bro Ive been trying to find something on this for awhile....awesome post i will try it soon....thanks again

Da Bull is offline Banned
    LMAO@ this thread.HAHAHAHA...try my training stlye and I'll put on 30 pounds of muscle in 6-8 weeks.If i only had a dollar for every one of these type programs I read in shiny mags and books.I'd be a millionaire!! Of course when you switch from one program to another it with spurt growth.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn,anyone want to buy it???

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    His training styles are interesting enough....Although I prefer volume training w/supersets....Nothing like bicep/triceps day with a pump that has you walking around the gym feeling like king kong....I dont feel like I could ever switch....close minded...maybe...but thats just me- to each his own right?

Anyways I have incorperated his streching and love it.....take little bits and peices from everything I come across....make it my own...

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    Does DC suggest doing a 6-10 second negative between every rep. or just on the last rep. before the pause ?? I think doing that many long negatives nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    LMAO@ this thread.HAHAHAHA...try my training stlye and I'll put on 30 pounds of muscle in 6-8 weeks.If i only had a dollar for every one of these type programs I read in shiny mags and books.I'd be a millionaire!! Of course when you switch from one program to another it with spurt growth.

yep, and I guess swolecat and silverbacks dieting and training principles to put on size are also funny. I think even swolecat carrys a 100% success rate.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ColdSore is offline Banned

i still dont understand why you dont like his program...you can still try w/o paying for it...theres enough info out there...but i would like to have a personalized plan of attack...

how does heavy training, stretching, eating big, and useing basic AAS compounds not make sense???...seems very logical to me

once again i ask you to please explain in some what detail

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i still dont understand why you dont like his program...you can still try w/o paying for it...theres enough info out there...but i would like to have a personalized plan of attack...

how does heavy training, stretching, eating big, and useing basic AAS compounds not make sense???...seems very logical to me

once again i ask you to please explain in some what detail
    thats the thing, when I look at guys like silverback, swolecat, and dogcrapp. those guys have something i want and I want the knowledge that they have. they didnt start off big, all of then learned to train and eat properly and look at those guys now! there monsters. doggcrap use to be a twig, swolcat use to be a twig. so to say that it is just some training style that changes things up is ludacris. I credentials under their belt! i see massive size and knowledge in those guys. I would just stick to what your instinct tells you. If it was just some program change than anyone could come up witha plan, why not ask Da Bull for his mass making routine and his diet. He could get you to where you want to be.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yep, and I guess swolecat and silverbacks dieting and training principles to put on size are also funny. I think even swolecat carrys a 100% success rate.
    AHHH...poor little tiny person,did someone pee in your black beans and rice today?

AHHH...poor little tiny person,did someone pee in your black beans and rice today?
    I rather be 5'5" at 194 and 14%bf than be fat such as yourself but that is besides the point and we dont have to get into physical characteristics. Dont hate just because you struggle with life issues. Dont hate because people other than yourself are more successfull and have a grasp onto bodybuilding. Dont hate and give your boy coldstone a explanation that he kindly asked for.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Doggcrapp is offline New Member
    That skin the cat reference had nothing to do with SC at all. Its just a saying I use for Skip on IntenseMuscle who does contest prep training and gets guys shredded. "skin the cat" meaning "shredded to the bone"--He took one of my trainees Tom Whorley into a show and the man was inside out transparent, so I send everyone his way now

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggcrapp
    That skin the cat reference had nothing to do with SC at all. Its just a saying I use for Skip on IntenseMuscle who does contest prep training and gets guys shredded. "skin the cat" meaning "shredded to the bone"--He took one of my trainees Tom Whorley into a show and the man was inside out transparent, so I send everyone his way now
    That clears it up then .

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry DC i wasnt aiming to start any trouble by any means however I must admit the first time I read that quote that is the thought that popped into my head. Although after I heard everyone else's explanation it made perfect sense. I'm glad to see that you are sending your contest guys over to Swole. Between the two of you I'm sure you could make one sick looking mofo! You both have very distinct styles that are very effective.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I rather be 5'5" at 194 and 14%bf than be fat such as yourself but that is besides the point and we dont have to get into physical characteristics. Dont hate just because you struggle with life issues. Dont hate because people other than yourself are more successfull and have a grasp onto bodybuilding. Dont hate and give your boy coldstone a explanation that he kindly asked for.

Ouch.....

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Sorry DC i wasnt aiming to start any trouble by any means however I must admit the first time I read that quote that is the thought that popped into my head. Although after I heard everyone else's explanation it made perfect sense. I'm glad to see that you are sending your contest guys over to Swole. Between the two of you I'm sure you could make one sick looking mofo! You both have very distinct styles that are very effective.
    he doesnt send his boys to swole...he was refering to skip on intensemuscle...DC bulks em up, and skip trims em down for contest prep

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    he doesnt send his boys to swole...he was refering to skip on intensemuscle...DC bulks em up, and skip trims em down for contest prep
    F*ck I'm retarded I think maybe I need to slow down when I read a little bit. It's too late for me to be up!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thanks ColdStone! Kickass thread!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I GOT TO BUMP THIS BIATCH UP...this is one great system, works great for quick gains and incredible strength increases...if more of newbies did this training, i would not have to type a sh1t load about volume control in your training...now do you have the balls to train like this ...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I GOT TO BUMP THIS BIATCH UP...this is one great system, works great for quick gains and incredible strength increases...if more of newbies did this training, i would not have to type a sh1t load about volume control in your training...now do you have the balls to train like this ...XXL
    i agree...im a beliver too

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    it is vicious tho, truly vicious - those stretches, arrrgh

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    it is vicious tho, truly vicious - those stretches, arrrgh
    Fakin' right Bro...the stretches are intense, sometimes it feels like i am going to rip my arms out...

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Holy crap! I just did the chest, shoulder, tricep, back workout today and it kicked my ass. I could barely do the stretches. I didn't believe in this workout at first because I didn't understand how ONE working set could actually give me the pump but it works. And it works great.

I believe in Doggcrapp!

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    bump, bump, bump

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Holy crap! I just did the chest, shoulder, tricep, back workout today and it kicked my ass. I could barely do the stretches. I didn't believe in this workout at first because I didn't understand how ONE working set could actually give me the pump but it works. And it works great.

I believe in Doggcrapp!
    lol...the crazy thing is that if your doing it right and keeping your log book then they never get easier till you cruise...not groove you can settle in...it always keeps your body tearing, repairing and growing...constantly sore

I have already gained 10lbs on it and my gear in 1-1/2 weeks

Here is anology for your to explain the one set thing...if you were a sprinter and were running 100m dash, you could run that dash at 80-90% intensity many times over before you were phisically exhausted, same as multiple set workouts....now if you are running to break the world record, and give it absolute all you got in you...you will not be able to run that intensly again for a while, which represnts 1 all out work set...so approuch each set as if it is last one in your life and it works like a MOFO, just like mantioned above...XXL

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Guesss nobody here believes in Mentzer heavy duty or overtraining.

I'll give it a try.......Kinda hard to believe the one set deal, but hey?! why not

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    Guesss nobody here believes in Mentzer heavy duty or overtraining.
    explain the concepts...theres alot of things i do that are based off of various training principals...but i just call it some generic name i made up...or if all else fails...ill call it coldstone training...lol

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Hows the progress CS? are you following this training priciple still?

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Hows the progress CS? are you following this training priciple still?
    i wont be following it fully until 3 more weeks...but then its on...i experimented during the bulking phase of my last run and got hella strong...im not even close to putting up the weight i was then, now...the stretches are painful, but i honestly love the rack chins and the rack deads...they have improved my back 110%...in fact i asked princess just last night what she thought was most improved on my body, and she said immediately "your back"...

the hardest thing about it is keeping your intensity level up...i think of it as "one shot, one kill"...and old sniper quote...you get one set to make that muscle grow, and if you fail then you stay small...thats the kind of mentality i think you need to have when useing DC training...

The one thing i dont do though is the 3 day split...i go 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off...repeat...i just cant work my legs with any other body part...if i do upper body first then my leg work sukks, if i do lower body first then my upper work sukks...just takes to much outta me...so here the current split i use...

Mon- back/bi's
    Tues- Chest/Tris
    wed- off
    Thursday- legs
    Friday- shoulders/traps/forearms
    sat and sunday off
    repeat...

hope this helps...if you wanna get more info its all over various boards...but DC's home board is intensetraining.com. He has a forum there called the doggpound with lots of great stickys...

get a log book though!!!

and with no disrespect to doggcrap, i wanna clear up that i do not pay for his services...and do not confuse my methods with what he teaches...i follow it 80-90%...i just changed a few things that work for my body better...the program isnt that expensive for those of you that arent in college and on your own like me...so i would say email him and get on with him if you wanna see what its all about...everything is personalized, even down to the eating and food sources...

His diet is also unbelivable...the guy puts down 500+ grams of protien a day!!!...ad when he "cruises" he eats atleast 400...and thats what he considers easy...

the eating is unreal...and i do follow what i know about his diet principles...stuff with protien, the top off with carbs...but you gotta stuff with protien first...then you wont want so many carbs...just enough to fuel your day...and more than enough protein to grow...but i cant utilize the carb cutoff b/c i train late...
    Last edited by ColdStone; 10-01-2004 at 11:48 PM.

moush is offline Senior Member
    but how does the rest pause work? do you go to failure, put the weight down breath 20-30 times and go to failure again for a total of 3 times? I want to try this workout but want to clear that up. Also theres no cardio correct?

Quote Originally Posted by moush
    but how does the rest pause work? do you go to failure, put the weight down breath 20-30 times and go to failure again for a total of 3 times? I want to try this workout but want to clear that up. Also theres no cardio correct?
    your rest pause set is your only "working set" for that exercise...everything else is just warm up...and the only time i use the rest pause is for bench/incline press...everything else are just straight sets, but with only one true working set (being your last)

say on inlcine press i do 135 for 10, 165 for 10, 185 for 10, all as a warmup...then for my working set (rest pause) i put 225 on the bar...your goal is to get close to about 15 reps total...

unrack and rep out, say you get 8...then rack it take 15 seconds concentrating on breathing, then unrack and rep out...say you get 4...so at this point you have 12 reps...your goal would be to get 3 more (highly unlikely at this point)...take 15 seconds...then unrack and rep out, say you get 1....

so a total of 13 reps...or...8-4-1 rest paused

Then immediately get up and go into the even more painful "extreme" stretching

from what ive learned, his program isnt all about the "rest pause"...more of it is based on that **** log book, and the stretching...and of course alot of recovery and eating

moush is offline Senior Member
    sweet i will be starting this new routine in a week or two. I am definitely looking forward to the results!

djboots is offline Associate Member
    can some one explain what exactley rest pause means & static holds

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    your rest pause set is your only "working set" for that exercise...everything else is just warm up...and the only time i use the rest pause is for bench/incline press...everything else are just straight sets, but with only one true working set (being your last)

say on inlcine press i do 135 for 10, 165 for 10, 185 for 10, all as a warmup...then for my working set (rest pause) i put 225 on the bar...your goal is to get close to about 15 reps total...

unrack and rep out, say you get 8...then rack it take 15 seconds concentrating on breathing, then unrack and rep out...say you get 4...so at this point you have 12 reps...your goal would be to get 3 more (highly unlikely at this point)...take 15 seconds...then unrack and rep out, say you get 1....

so a total of 13 reps...or...8-4-1 rest paused

Then immediately get up and go into the even more painful "extreme" stretching
    Coldstone, in the above example, you talk about getting 13 reps by doing 8-4-1 rest paused. In the original article by Doggcrapp, he also talks about doing 3 "rounds" of X amount of weight which constitutes 1 rest puased set. Is it always 3 "rounds". Because theoretically, you could get a greater amount of reps by doing 8-4-1-1-1, see what I mean? Why only go 3 "rounds"?

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Coldstone, in the above example, you talk about getting 13 reps by doing 8-4-1 rest paused. In the original article by Doggcrapp, he also talks about doing 3 "rounds" of X amount of weight which constitutes 1 rest puased set. Is it always 3 "rounds". Because theoretically, you could get a greater amount of reps by doing 8-4-1-1-1, see what I mean? Why only go 3 "rounds"?
    I ain't Coldstone, but I can answer your question. There are a couple of reasons why you want to stop with this "arbitrary number." First, you still need to complete a static hold. The longer you continue to do RP sets, the more fatigued you will be, and at some point...I assure you failure will be an issue. In all likelihood, your first set of 1 rep will be the last time you can get the weight once and still complete a 6-8 second negative. You complete this negative on the last rep of every "mini-set." On the other reps, you use a controlled 3-4 second negative until you fail to lift the weight. When you fail, your spotter helps you get the weight to the top, and the 8 second negative is on you!

Imagine pushing this thing for more sets. You are completely missing an entire facet of this training....recovery. The point of using low volume is so you recover faster and can hit that muscle again. You will work the muscle more times in a 52 week period than you ever could using volume training. The reason you are able to accomplish this.....low volume. By adding volume, you are increasing recovery time. "Adding volume," you quip, "I am not adding volume...only a couple more reps." This is where you are wrong. You are adding sets. The fact that you can only get one rep and you fail has no impact on set count...it is a set, and is still more volume.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not speaking for Dante..I am speaking based on my understanding of his principles.

Perhaps, we can get IH to come in here for any additional questions. It seems like Dante is a bit busy lately...training people to be giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I ain't Coldstone, but I can answer your question. There are a couple of reasons why you want to stop with this "arbitrary number." First, you still need to complete a static hold. The longer you continue to do RP sets, the more fatigued you will be, and at some point...I assure you failure will be an issue. In all likelihood, your first set of 1 rep will be the last time you can get the weight once and still complete a 6-8 second negative. You complete this negative on the last rep of every "mini-set." On the other reps, you use a controlled 3-4 second negative until you fail to lift the weight. When you fail, your spotter helps you get the weight to the top, and the 8 second negative is on you!

Imagine pushing this thing for more sets. You are completely missing an entire facet of this training....recovery. The point of using low volume is so you recover faster and can hit that muscle again. You will work the muscle more times in a 52 week period than you ever could using volume training. The reason you are able to accomplish this.....low volume. By adding volume, you are increasing recovery time. "Adding volume," you quip, "I am not adding volume...only a couple more reps." This is where you are wrong. You are adding sets. The fact that you can only get one rep and you fail has no impact on set count...it is a set, and is still more volume.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not speaking for Dante..I am speaking based on my understanding of his principles.

Perhaps, we can get IH to come in here for any additional questions. It seems like Dante is a bit busy lately...training people to be giants.
    good answer...one thing i would also like to add is that i have NEVER gotten more than 2 reps on the last set, and more than 8 on the first...so you want to keep it as heavy as possible, and low volume...like swellin said

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Just wanted you to know I think that this thread is very contributory. I am going to look it over and see what the training partner thinks. I would really like to try it. The stretching interests me, I have been reading about the benefits of Yoga and I think there is something to stretching and building mass. Just wanted to say thanks for the post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information