hornytoad is offline New Member

Cool Implantable Pump for Testosterone Replacement

I work for a company that manufactures implantable drug pumps and I wanted to know if anyone has heard of using such a pump for testosterone replacement therapy. The pumps we manufacture are implanted below the skin in the peritoneal cavity in the abdomen. The pump is either constant flow (meaning the pump is designed to only administer a constant amount of medication per day) or programmable (meaning there is a basal rate that can be modified to suit each person). These pumps are made of a titanium shell and have all the internal components (i.e. pump, battery, electronics, medication reservoir) to deliver an exact amount of medication needed. The medication reservoir has enough volume capacity to go several months between refills. Battery life on these pumps are around ten years.

Due to the frequency of injections for normal testosterone replacement therapy, this method could be an alternative. These pumps are currently used to treat chronic pain and diabetes. Any thoughts?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe this would get more attention in the Over 30 forum.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Most Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) calls for only one shot of testosterone per week or once every other week. I'd rather take the shots than go through surgery to insert something that has to ripped out and changed every 10 years.

One of my friends used to quote his Yale professor: "There's no condition that surgery can't make worse."

Why undergo surgery and possible complications when you can just stick yourself relatively painlessly weekly or bi-weekly.

Thread Information