Beefbody is offline Associate Member

Exclamation still losing hair on finastride wtf???

i am currently a little over week 3 of using 1.25mg of finastride (proscar) ed, and i am still losing hair! i know its a side at first but this long?? i am almost tempted to quit because i can run my hand through my head and have like 10 hairs in my fingers! i thought proscar was supose to stop hair lose not increase it?? i am also not on anytype of as or anything, what should i do quit using it or what?

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    IT takes at least 3 months for the benefits of finasteride to kick in I have been taking it for 2 years the results are a slowing down of hair loss but ,thats it for me.
    Last edited by sore24/7; 06-30-2004 at 02:43 PM. Reason: error

i am not on any AS at the time! I am having an increase in hair loss than what i had before i used it? is it causing hair loss? i ran a deca /sus cycle and my hair loss actually slowed way down, hardly any hair in my shampoo now its like 10-20 hairs every time i wash my hair its freakin me out big time.

Quote Originally Posted by sore24/7
    IT takes at least 3 months for the benefits of finasteride to kick in I have been taking it for 2 years the results are a slowing down of hair loss but ,thats it for me.
    Another crap thing about it is, it really only helps the back of the head.

Another crap thing about it is, it really only helps the back of the head.
    thats another thing thats were i am losing hair the most! the top back of the head,

With me it seemed the hair that fell out really fast ,came back al little healthier. The whole thing really sucks especially if it happens at a younger age. Finasteride has helped me look pretty good though.

It really is still early on for you at three weeks. If it is the back of the head you should be in good shape soon , even regrowing some hair. Especially if its in the back.

With me it seemed the hair that fell out really fast ,came back al little healthier. The whole thing really sucks especially if it happens at a younger age. Finasteride has helped me look pretty good though.

so how long did it take for your hair loss to stop from using finastride i mean the hair loss its causing! and why is the finastride producing more hair loss anyway? that i would like to know

SERIOUSLY ,about a month. And like with monixidil as well ,the damaged follicle will release the old hair and regrow newer healthier hair. These claims seem to be slightly valid since I have seen an OK result from it. The hair that is coming out now would be out soon anway because of DHT on the follicle.

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    So with finastride, if you have a full head of thick hair and you start to use it before your cycle, your hair starts to fall out at first?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    It is called shedding. When you intially drop the dht level it can send a signal for the follicle to detach and start a new one. The new one will be thicker and have a longer growth cycle but intially you may see that your hair is thinning. This is a good sign. This happens with propecia and minoxidil. I get it more when starting minoxidil. The first 30-50 days my hair gets thinner but by month 3 I have recovered and by months 4-5 my hair is much thicker. These products work in different degrees for different people. In general terms proscar/propecia will stop hair loss in about 80% of people, it will not regrow much hair but it is effective in keeping what you have left. If you add in minoxidil you can get a cumulative effect that results in some thick regrowth. There is nothing out there that will regrow the hairline you have lost short of transplants. That is why it is important to start early if it is a priority to you. These products do work on places other than the crown but in lesser degrees. For me propecia stopped me from losing additional hair everywhere. I am a very good responder to minoxidil and it has given me thick regrowth all over. My hair line is still high because I had been losing it there for a few years before starting anything (1998). I wish I had known earlier and my hair line would be lower. Propecia starts to reduce dht immediatley, maximum dht suppression of around 70% is reached in the first 14 days. Because of the time it takes hair to grow, rest, shed (the hair cycle) it will take 3-4 months minimum to see reults in the mirror. Many people start and get shedding, then get scared and stop the treatment, big mistake when normal shedding is a sign it is working.

I f you have a full head of hair and no fall out and you are in your 20's. You shouldn't take it because you might not be predisposed to mpb.

sp9
    I f you have a full head of hair and no fall out and you are in your 20's. You shouldn't take it because you might not be predisposed to mpb.
    Agreed. DHT also plays a role in muscle building. It is best to keep dht if you are not prone to male pattern baldness. If you are prone then it is a balancing act to minimize the side effect if your hair is a priority to you.

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    I've been thinking about it for ages whether to take it for my next cycle or not. I think i'll give it a miss this time round and see if any hair falls out. I haven't noticed any hairs falling out yet and i'm 23. If it starts happening though, will i just have to put up with it during the cycle or would using something finastride help. I'm still going to be using minoxidil shampoo.

sp9
    The best shampoo would be Nizoral 2% if 2% is not available get the 1% version. It has been shown in small studies to increase the diameter of the hair follicle about as much as 2% minoxidil. I started losing hair at 20 and there was no mistaking it. Problem was that it was 1991 there were no web sites, and propecia wasn't approved until 1997. Some people in the know new about proscar and the effects it had on hair growth but that was very few people. People now days are lucky to have more alternatives and start early. good luck.

where do i get nizoral shampoo anyhow? wal-mart or something is it a prscription shampoo? and how much is it!

It sounds stupid but E-bay has good deals on nizoral.

i was reading that saw plametto helps hair loss is that true? if so how much do you take each day?

i think i might give that nizoral shampoo a run! is that something that is only used a few times a week or is it a shampoo you can use daily?

sp9
    use it 3-4 times a week. When you use it work it into the scalp and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. 1% is over the counter in the US. 2% is over the counter in Canada. Not sure about elsewhere.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    How much would Proscar inhibit gains if I started taking it a month before my cycle and during the whole thing? Also getting Nioxin.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefbody
    i am currently a little over week 3 of using 1.25mg of finastride (proscar) ed, and i am still losing hair! i know its a side at first but this long?? i am almost tempted to quit because i can run my hand through my head and have like 10 hairs in my fingers! i thought proscar was supose to stop hair lose not increase it?? i am also not on anytype of as or anything, what should i do quit using it or what?
    It's VERY common to experience a period of shedding when first staring finasteride. You can find more info at the forums at www.hairlosstalk.com and www.hairlosshelp.com

The More Hair You Lose, The More Head You Get!!!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I did a post about this before, scotp999 knows his hair products well, let me layout an outline for hairloss man.

1-Start taking action early! Dont wait till all your hair is gone! unless thats ok with you!

2-Attack from more than one angle! Finasteride(propecia/proscar) isnt necessary if you are in the begining of yoru hairloss, but if you decide to take it then it is a drug that works after a few months of use, sometimes more than 6months of use are needed! If you take finasteride then take it for as long as you know! results could take ages! And finasteride doesnt prevent hairloss while on cycle because some steroids (eg-winstrol ) are already past the stage in which the enzyme can convert them to DHT, which means that finasteride is usless agains them. Finasteride can be used with test since the hormone isnt DHT yet.

3-Propecia DOES work for hairline hairloss! unfortunatley it will take ages for you to see results, most times leading people to quit on it! The reason propecia makers claim it only works for the crown/top of the head is because that is all the only research they did with it an approved by the FDA!

4-Loosing hair sucks , but if you want to keep it then you must comit to treating the problem for as long as you want hair.

5-Nizoral shampoo is very affordable and it helps remove DHT from the scalp and make hair physically thicker. However dont expect it to solve the poblem alone.

6-Saw plametto hasnt been researched enough to get FDA approval as a hairloss medication, but it is found in many hairloss products and the results are real!! It is the key ingredient in Reviviogen (www.revivogen.com) which worked wonders for me, it sucks that it has to be applied every night and it doesnt smell great, but it works. Procerin is a pill that is all natural and it uses saw plametto and zinc to stop hairloss and help regrowth. Both revivogen and procerin work for all types of hairloss and you will see results in as little as one month.

I personally suffered from very fast hairloss from my hairline and it really sucked beacsue that was the hair i wanted to keep and there was no medication for it ...so i researched around and found revivogen (saw plametto/B6/Zinc)...the product seemed hard to use because it was externally applied every night, but i was desperate and i commited to using it for one month and the results were great, it has been 5months of use now and no one believes i ever had any hairloss because the hair is darker, fuller, healthier and thicker and there is no visible hairloss. After using it for 5months now it has become a routine thing to do every night and wash off every morning!
    As for procerin i just decided to add an extra measure since i saw the add in a reputable magazine so i have been using it for 2months...i dont know if it has added to my continously improving hair condition but it also contains ginseng and other stuff wich makes you energetic and feel stronger.

Good luck man and PM me if you want any more info ....i have ordered Nizoral 2% and waiting for it to arrive to see if it helps things even more.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    How much would Proscar inhibit gains if I started taking it a month before my cycle and during the whole thing? Also getting Nioxin.
    Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Dont quote me on this but in past posts people claimed you would be set back by about 2pounds!! which isnt very much in a cycle! Also depends on the cycle and the user....those 2pounds can be compensated by diet and exercise.

Thanks... I'd rather be 2 pounds lighter and still have my herr

Thread Information