Mr Juice is offline Associate Member

Cool Steroids & Bipolar Desorder, Can I still use AAS?

Ok you all. This is the truth and well concealed truth about me. I have a few questions regarding the use of steroids and how can they affect me if I'm in treatment that consist of using medications that it is possible that those pills supress energy.

I need to take a pill everyday for my bipolar disorder. This is because of very incredible mood swings in my holiday season. In holidays I become very depressive and in every other season I have an euphoric feeling and act euphoric as hell...so I need to take a pill everyday that controls this...its called "Symbiax".

I need to know whether "Symbiax"(Olanzapine & Fluoxetine) will damage my results or supress my energy from the steroids? Will the steroids (Cypionate & Equipoise ) work even when I'm taking medication?

Or will I have to leave the medication while on cycle? I don't whant to go to a doctor because they can suspend my medical plan if they know I'm on steroids or even PH's. So I need to ask here and check if someone knows about this.

Will the medication supress and eliminate the energy from the steroids?

Let me know,
    Mr. Juice
    Last edited by Mr Juice; 08-02-2004 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Steroids & Bipolar Disorder, Can I still use AAS?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Juice
    Ok you all. This is the truth and well concealed truth about me. I have a few questions regarding the use of steroids and how can they affect me if I'm in treatment that consist of using medications that it is possible that those pills supress energy.

I need to take a pill everyday for my bipolar disorder. This is because of very incredible mood swings in my holiday season. In holidays I become very depressive and in every other season I have an euphoric feeling and act euphoric as hell...so I need to take a pill everyday that controls this...its called "Symbiax".

I need to know whether "Symbiax"(Olanzapine & Fluoxetine) will damage my results or supress my energy from the steroids? Will the steroids (Cypionate & Equipoise ) work even when I'm taking medication?

Or will I have to leave the medication while on cycle? I don't whant to go to a doctor because they can suspend my medical plan if they know I'm on steroids or even PH's. So I need to ask here and check if someone knows about this.

Will the medication supress and eliminate the energy from the steroids?

Let me know,
    Mr. Juice

hmm very interesting, 2 totally different actions in the roles of each drug and the outcome of the use. Id have to say it would be fine. BUT, I REALLY HAVE NO PROOF WHATSOEVER.

guess .. it should be fine. Look up some studies on the web to do with your condition and some tests that may have been done.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Here I go again telling personal things on the board........ but if it serves a purpose. I had been on Paxil and then Zoloft for 10 years. I see results from AS my endo. put me on them (AS) and actually my dose went from half to nothing. AS for lack of a better term "cured my depression" what you have is totally different, I can't advise on that.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    If I am not mistaking abstract is bipolar and has obsessive/compulsive disorder, he might be able to help you out.

SKiN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    If I am not mistaking abstract is bipolar and has obsessive/compulsive disorder, he might be able to help you out.
    Wow

ttuPrincess Guest
    Ok i know im a girl and all .. (whatever that means)

I was diagnosed bipolar last may .. it was a crock of sh*t.. bipolar is the new "adhd"
    I think Docs are getting a kick back from perscribing these medicines for bipolar..

im not saying that you may or may not really have a chemical embalance, its just you should look into having other options explored.

have your thyroid check, this is commonly the problem with those they diagnose bipolar.

The drugs you have been perscribed have a very good chance for weight gain as a side effect. ( i know.. I gained 30 lbs from the drug I was placed on.), so you may have weight gain, plus if yur on aas and gain mass you could look bloated and seeing this in the mirror could send you into a downward spiral causing sever depression

With all this being said I dont think running a cycle and taking these particular drugs is a good choice
    #1) you dont have full control over your emotions... meaning you may lose it for a week at a time, or more, diet could be lost, training off because of depression, thus the money spent on AAS could be of a waste, so youve lost money and gained more fat instead of mass
    #2) you could go oppositwe and go to euphoria and train like a mad man and overtrain or injure yourself
    #3) your hormones are already out of whack and very suseptable to being trown off, so adding more hormones can/will make you even more out of the norm, and you may have a very hard time becoming stable again

My suggestion is:
    if you are very adimate about using steriods , try a different way to control the bipolar disorder;
    see a therapist ( which is what i did)
    St john's Wart is a natuarl herb that can be used to level moods
    and reduce the stress full activities.

good luck
    Last edited by ttuPrincess; 08-02-2004 at 04:50 PM.

Red face Yes I have control...

Yes I now have full control over my emotions, but my doctor says I still need to use it because I really have a chemical imbalance ONLY in holidays. If I don't take the pill today, tommorow I will be euphoric as hell. The main reason this happened was because of "ephedra". None of my family have this condition, it is ephedra fault.

I have full control of my emotions and when I got depression was because I can't control my emotions...this won't happen again (I have taken over 6 months of individual therapy).

So you think it can be painfull if I go for AAS use? MMMM...they are different then the steroids .

Mr. Juice

ttuPrincess Guest
    In my opinion 2 types of hormone altering substances should not be mixed.. just my .02

ttuPrincess Guest
    and yes, you are in control of things now, but read about PCT and how some of these guys react to that .. being as your taking one thing to make you stable, and adding in somethign else that can make you unstable, youll havea higher chance of going right back into what your already taking medication for to control

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have Bi-Polar type 1 disorder, I have cycled many times and since being on medication the only difference I see is I have to adjust my medication to be on cycle or off. I have to take more sleeping medication to sleep a full nights sleep. And I have to take more Benzos to calm myself down in the evening(xanax or valium). I dont know what Fluoxetine is. You shouldnt have any problem with the other though. You have to watch what the doc prescibes you. If you are taking oral steroids you cant take valporatic acid or lithium with them ( they are very toxic to the liver). My doc allways trys to get me to take some kind of Anti-Pyhcotic tranquilizers. They problem with them and steroids is that many of the Anti-Pyhcotic traquilizers work by binding to androgen receptors to block them, so you are less agressive!!! I wont take them!!!

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    First I just want to say Mr. Juice....very happy to hear you have your bi-polar under control. Bi-polar is one of the hardest disorders to diagnose and is often mis-diagnosed as depression therefore going improperly treated. The drug you are on "Symbiax" is probably the best choice for you so whatever you do, don't go off. Too many people go off their drug because they think they are better then go right back to how they were.

It really is an awesome drug with very few drug/drug interactions and minimal side effects considering it is a CNS drug (some CNS drugs have horrible side effects that are more unbearable than the disease they are treating). The weight gain princess is referring to is mainly due to an increase in appetite rather than the drug itself causing weight gain therefore it is preventable. They've done a lot of research however and can't specifically pin point the exact cause of the weight gain.

I don't think you would have any problems physically, with combining a neuroleptic and AAS, they work on totally different systems. Symbiax affects mainly serotonin(the fluoxetine) and dopamine (the olanzapine) receptors and well....i don't need to tell you what hormones the AAS's affects. So really 2 totally diff things. But fu*k, I'm no doctor so this is just my guess based on logic.

You know what you may want to do? Call Eli Lilly Customer service and ask to speak to Medical Information. They will be able to tell you if there has been any studies on this and if there are any interactions, it's not like you have to give them your name, you can just tell them you rather remain anonymous and they will still give you the info.

Yes I now have full control over my emotions, but my doctor says I still need to use it because I really have a chemical imbalance ONLY in holidays. If I don't take the pill today, tommorow I will be euphoric as hell. The main reason this happened was because of "ephedra". None of my family have this condition, it is ephedra fault.

I have full control of my emotions and when I got depression was because I can't control my emotions...this won't happen again (I have taken over 6 months of individual therapy).

So you think it can be painfull if I go for AAS use? MMMM...they are different then the steroids .

Mr. Juice

Unhappy ttuprincess...

Well that may be true, but...

1 month ago I was on PCT with 6-OXO with 1,200mg a day. I was on a M1T & 4-AD cycle. I took 20mg of M1T and 900mg 4-ad and it make me feel stronger, oh yes...but at the end, I din't whent on depression.

Will it be the same with steroids ? I was on Prohormones, so the difference is minimal, don't you guys think?

Let me know,
    Mr. Juice

Are you saying that you did or didnt experiance depression??? Alot of people experiance depression when coming off cycle,. there is many factors that create that scenerio. I ussually go on Wellbutrin XL when I start to come off cycle and it helps. Allthough I did have a bad bought of depression during PCT this last cycle.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Mr Juice, Im glad you have control , I just am giving you my opinions on why I would really study and research what might happen.

Just be safe, because it would be sad to end up in the hospital or hurting yourself

Is bipolar when you are cool one minute then the next minute someone sais something you dont like and then you want to punch them in their face, and then kick them in their adams apple as hard as you can, then after you do it you feel real guilty and realize you shouldnt on done it?

If so I might have it.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Is bipolar when you are cool one minute then the next minute someone sais something you dont like and then you want to punch them in their face, and then kick them in their adams apple as hard as you can, then after you do it you feel real guilty and realize you shouldnt on done it?

If so I might have it.
    do you want to beat me up??? lol

bipolar is a chemical embalance in the brain where it makes it hard to cnotrol emotions.. kinda like a bad case of PMS lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    do you want to beat me up??? lol

bipolar is a chemical embalance in the brain where it makes it hard to cnotrol emotions.. kinda like a bad case of PMS lol
    No I dont hit females, not in that way.

I ask because my cousin cant stay out of jail, he is real violent and I always thought he had something mentally wrong, and that story was a true story, I asked him why he beat up this guy down the beach and he asked me that question in those exact words. But i think he asked was he manic depresive.

ttuPrincess Guest
    They thought i was crazy because i wanted to see what it was like to run my car into the back of a car waiting at a red light.. lol

never acted on it.. which is how i knew if i just got some therapy I would be fine... and I am.. i only have that medicine still in the house becasue i take it once every blue moon if i need help sleeping

but it sounds like your cousin could have some problems that might be related to bipolar

Wink

I was on heavy cycle of Prohormones, it was about 5 weeks for both M1T & 4-ad. But I was still using my medication dude. No depression, just more powerfull and more energy. Guess it will happen the same with Cypionate and Equipoise .

ttprincess, thanks for your comments...I gladly appreciate your concerns and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    They thought i was crazy because i wanted to see what it was like to run my car into the back of a car waiting at a red light.. lol
    Well if you didnt do it I guess you are sane. A crazy person would of done it. I have a crazy curiousity like that. When I worked at McDonalds when I was a kid I always wanted to know what it was like to stick someones face in to the French Fry cooker. Just put their whole head in their for a minute. I never did it so I assumed I was sane, now my cousin he might of did it if he was curious about it.

No I dont hit females, not in that way.

I ask because my cousin cant stay out of jail, he is real violent and I always thought he had something mentally wrong, and that story was a true story, I asked him why he beat up this guy down the beach and he asked me that question in those exact words. But i think he asked was he manic depresive.
    Sometimes people with Bi-polar disorder (aka manic depressive disorder) have psychotic episodes such as your cousin did, but it all depends on the severity of the disorder. Bipolar is exactly what it sounds like, you cycle between emotions at 2 opposite polars, one being depression, one being mania. There are a ton of different sub-categories of bi-polar (e.g. bipolar I, bipolar II, mixed mania, rapid cycling etc) and the diagnosis depends on a lot of things, e.g. the extremety of the emotions, amount of time in each cycle, source of the disorder etc... Psychotic episodes can be due to a lot of things though, a psych would have to take a lot of time with him to figure out what it is.

Talking Lozgod...

That is the craziest comparison I have seen for bipolar disorder, but of what I know...everyone has different reactions, specially in the manic phase.

In my manic phase I become very euphoric and I do jokes from nowhere and pull them all, but in my past depressive episode...I use to think life is not worth it and bla, bla! Kind of sad haaa...but that happened to me twice, not once and now I'm in my lowest dose of medication and finally found one that works.

In my opinion your cousin is just a pain in the ass, I mean thats just my opinion with your example.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Juice

Bi-polar disorder is when you have no middle ground, you are either experiancing Mania or you are depressed. one or the other, mania isnt that bad as long as it is controlled. But depression sucks bad. But with medication I am able to medicate myself to have a stable mood. Most of the time anyways.

When I first started seeing shrinks they just thought I had personallity disorders( basically saying that I was an azzhole!!!!! They now have a blood test to help determine if Bipolar medicine your taking is working properly.

Im not really a Violent guy. Every fight I have been in has been for good reasons. There isnt really any time I fly off the handle and attack an innocent person. I wont even hit small guys, I consider it the same as hitting a women. I will knock the hell out of a fat B!tch that attacks me the same as a guy. I wont even let people that are big beat on little people in front of me. I think larger people can get their message across to small people without hurting them. chocking them or somthing!!

I am rapid cycling!!!!!

That is the craziest comparison I have seen for bipolar disorder, but of what I know...everyone has different reactions, specially in the manic phase.

In my manic phase I become very euphoric and I do jokes from nowhere and pull them all, but in my past depressive episode...I use to think life is not worth it and bla, bla! Kind of sad haaa...but that happened to me twice, not once and now I'm in my lowest dose of medication and finally found one that works.

In my opinion your cousin is just a pain in the ass, I mean thats just my opinion with your example.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Juice
    There are a TON of degrees of bi-polar. Sounds like you happen to be on the less severe side of bi-polar disorder which is much easier to control with the right meds. There are some people that have it so severe they cannot function. A friend of mine is in a mental home right now because they're so fu*kd up.Lozgod's cousin may just be an ass but you never know, psychotic episodes often accompany severe forms of CNS disorders.
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 08-02-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    There are a TON of degrees of bi-polar. Sounds like you happen to be on the less severe side of bi-polar disorder which is much easier to control with the right meds. There are some people that have it so severe they cannot function. A friend of mine is in a mental home right now because they're so fu*kd up.Lozgod's cousin may just be an ass but you never know, psychotic episodes often accompany sever forms of CNS disorders.
    Well sometimes hes real nice, he likes being around people, then he just flips and wants to kick everyones ass. I mean I will fight if I feel someone is trying to disrespect me or something, but not just for anything like he will.

Lozgod...

Oh boy, that it is a very strange disease. I think he must have some compulsive disorder because of his fast reaction in just seconds to pull something like that then.

He will need a lot of group therapy and individual therapy to eliminate all that.

Don't give him steroids dow, he might kill his mother!

Good Luck to him, stay away...you might get arrested because of his reactions. Just tell his mother or something. But stay away.

Mr. Juice

Thread Information