Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    UrbanDawg's Avatar
    UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    cozy little Ghetto in PA
    Posts
    912

    Ongoing debate: How toxic (really) are the orals?

    These seem to be 2 camps on AR. Those who think the toxicity of orals is overhyped and those who think it is understated.

    My searches have not found any posts that document toxicity with studies showing elevated liver values correlated with oral cycles.

    Anyone have something definitive that would lead us to a conclusion like - "you can do Halo @40ED for no more than 5 weeks" .. or .. "Dbol should only be run 4 weeks"

    Bottom line - where did these rules of thumb for oral cycles thumb come from?

  2. #2
    SportsMedVIP's Avatar
    SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    www.ironforlife.com
    Posts
    3,357
    Good question.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    613
    great question

  4. #4
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Mostly from other peoples experience . I often get upset whrn people spit out the "you're gonna **** out your liver!" line. I contend that most morons that party hearty getting plowed constantly are doing as much or even more damage than a cycle ever could. No one has posted anything comparing alcohol vs oral AS. So when people start sayin crap like that it pisses me off. What really needs to be done is monitoring during a cyle of liver values to see how they personally effect you but most people can't afford it or don't want to bother.

  5. #5
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    well when i have my bloods done every month those times im on oxymtholone my white cell count is always elevated and enyme levels are increased wich i think means toxicity i may b wrong
    just a thought....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    613
    not to threadjack but has anyone on this board experienced jaundice or jaundice features while cycling?

  7. #7
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    I think it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overhyped, I had 2 doctors tell me that. They both pretty much stated that the liver is very forgiving and as long as it isnt abused there isn't a whole lot to worry about.

  8. #8
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    No jaundice, elevated liver values can be achieved taking tylenol or ibuprofin. They don't mean much unless they go off the charts. You liver will recover and regenerate. It takes a heck of a lot to shut down your liver and there would be plenty of signs well befor it came to that to stop and reverse the course. I believe highly in milkthistle etc.. for good measure but liver toxicity is overstated big time IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    613
    Lozgod would you quit replying b/c i can't concentrate with that avatar....lol


  10. #10
    REV's Avatar
    REV
    REV is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    44
    If you take the appropriate precautions like milk thwistle and stay away from alcohol while on them, it's probably way more safer to your liver then eating mac Donalds.

  11. #11
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by REV
    If you take the appropriate precautions like milk thwistle and stay away from alcohol while on them, it's probably way more safer to your liver then eating mac Donalds.
    I don't think McDonalds affects the liver. Now the heart is another thing. A value meal is nothing but packaged Trans-Fatty Acids.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    613
    Trans fatty acids are EFA's right?
    sorry i couldn't help it

  13. #13
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Loz I think the "chemical" milk shakes might!

  14. #14
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    bump

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    Lozgod would you quit replying b/c i can't concentrate with that avatar....lol


  15. #15
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I think it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overhyped, I had 2 doctors tell me that. They both pretty much stated that the liver is very forgiving and as long as it isnt abused there isn't a whole lot to worry about.
    I agree that it's over hyped on this board....BDTR has made some great posts to conflict with all this hype.He ran dbol for 20 weeks straight without issues,He claims he has friends do the same.
    He did say he got jaundice once from running several orals at high doses for long peroid of time.
    I know guys that ran 2 orals at once for 8-10 weeks and didn't have any issues either.
    Once you come off,your liver corrects itself.I'm not advocating long,high dose oral cycles,but I really beleive things like this get "parroted" on this board to frequently.

  16. #16
    odrorir's Avatar
    odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    330
    EFA=Good
    TFA=Make you a fat ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    Trans fatty acids are EFA's right?
    sorry i couldn't help it

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    613
    joke bro

  18. #18
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I think it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overhyped, I had 2 doctors tell me that. They both pretty much stated that the liver is very forgiving and as long as it isnt abused there isn't a whole lot to worry about.
    Tell me then what you consider 'abuse'? At what point is it considered such? Thanks.

  19. #19
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I agree that it's over hyped on this board....BDTR has made some great posts to conflict with all this hype.He ran dbol for 20 weeks straight without issues,He claims he has friends do the same.
    He did say he got jaundice once from running several orals at high doses for long peroid of time.
    I know guys that ran 2 orals at once for 8-10 weeks and didn't have any issues either.
    Once you come off,your liver corrects itself.I'm not advocating long,high dose oral cycles,but I really beleive things like this get "parroted" on this board to frequently.
    I'm starting to agree. But, If we start telling new guys to do orals longer, I don't think that is a good idea either. I always say everyone is different . Example, a newbie should stay with the 4 week rule with Dbol and a conservative dose and see how it goes.. And if from there slowly work your dosage and time up.

  20. #20
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I agree that it's over hyped on this board....BDTR has made some great posts to conflict with all this hype.He ran dbol for 20 weeks straight without issues.
    Now I agree with 100% of what you said dont get me wrong, but BDTR is not a good example of a controlled subject. He isn't human. I don't know what he is or where he came from but it isn't earth. I believe he could do 100i.u.'s of HGH stacked with 200mcg's of IGF ED along with 1000mg's of Tren and 10,000mg's of Test a week and not suffer sides.


  21. #21
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I'm starting to agree. But, If we start telling new guys to do orals longer, I don't think that is a good idea either. I always say everyone is different . Example, a newbie should stay with the 4 week rule with Dbol and a conservative dose and see how it goes.. And if from there slowly work your dosage and time up.
    I agree..my advice is very conservative....but I don't practice what I preach.Nor do many other experienced bros on this board.

  22. #22
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Tell me then what you consider 'abuse'? At what point is it considered such? Thanks.
    50mg of Dbol with 50mg of Winny ED for 6 months.

  23. #23
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Now I agree with 100% of what you said dont get me wrong, but BDTR is not a good example of a controlled subject. He isn't human. I don't know what he is or where he came from but it isn't earth. I believe he could do 100i.u.'s of HGH stacked with 200mcg's of IGF ED along with 1000mg's of Tren and 10,000mg's of Test a week and not suffer sides.

    He gets plenty of sides..you just don't see him post and cry about it.He deals with it like a man.He know what's in store for him and mans up.

  24. #24
    DEVLDOG's Avatar
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of brotherly love
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I agree..my advice is very conservative....but I don't practice what I preach.Nor do many other experienced bros on this board.
    the old "do as i say not as i do" rule... always liked that one

  25. #25
    SportsMedVIP's Avatar
    SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    www.ironforlife.com
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I don't think McDonalds affects the liver. Now the heart is another thing. A value meal is nothing but packaged Trans-Fatty Acids.
    Check out "Super Size Me". High fat diets are extremely harsh on your liver. Of course we're talking a lot of McDonalds but the effect is there.

  26. #26
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I agree..my advice is very conservative....but I don't practice what I preach.Nor do many other experienced bros on this board.
    Nor do I bro...

  27. #27
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I agree that everyone needs to start low and see how it goes from there. Everyones body is different.

    I have many issues that I have shared about on this board . I sued to drink 1-2 fifths of vodka a day for about 5 years and my liver values were "high" but no jaundice or weird stuff that I should have gotten. Obviously I don't drink anymore.

    My point is that my body tolerated it and some peoles couldn't my doc was amazed that I didn't have a fatty liver, it was perfeclty healthy except my values were high. I owe it all to a long line of alcoholics on both sides of the family "Gee Thanks Mom and Dad!". My liver is built for speed and endurance!

  28. #28
    GTCp1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    37
    I have some ADrol the only problem is I DONT KNOW IF ITS REAL!! How the He@! can I tell? Its mexican, it has anadrol 50 and oxymetholone stamped on it. I may have spelled Oxy wrong but I am at work not home. Any help?????

  29. #29
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GTCp1
    I have some ADrol the only problem is I DONT KNOW IF ITS REAL!! How the He@! can I tell? Its mexican, it has anadrol 50 and oxymetholone stamped on it. I may have spelled Oxy wrong but I am at work not home. Any help?????
    When you get home,post a pic of it.That's the only way you'll get help.

  30. #30
    UrbanDawg's Avatar
    UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    cozy little Ghetto in PA
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    but BDTR is not a good example of a controlled subject. He isn't human.
    LOL

  31. #31
    I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    218
    Pending a liver function test after 4 weeks of 25mg of Halo. Will keep ya posted.

  32. #32
    UrbanDawg's Avatar
    UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    cozy little Ghetto in PA
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD
    Pending a liver function test after 4 weeks of 25mg of Halo. Will keep ya posted.
    im in week 2 of a 4 or 5 week Halo @40ED. Im gonna get my blood work on the day after my last halo pill.

    If the conclusion is that toxicity IS overhyped - hell im gonna run Halo for life - I love the stuff. It gives me strength, burns fat and for some unknonn reason puts me into a mildy euphoric state

  33. #33
    smhart75's Avatar
    smhart75 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    h-town
    Posts
    160
    good info on this thread

  34. #34
    dieseL atC's Avatar
    dieseL atC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    free crack giveaway
    Posts
    771
    I'm on the side that thinks orals are overhyped as far as liver toxicity is concerned. I ran halo @ 30mg ED for 4 weeks and all I did was drink a ****load of water, no supps or anything and had no probs. Halo is supposed to be the most harsh oral and I had NO probs. Just got strong as **** Like Da Bull said, BDTR has ran insane doses for most of the orals for extended periods of time and had problems only once (and I think that was in the beginning of all of his chemical researching ) My next cycle will be Prop/Tren A/Halo.. Can't wait to double my maxes on that bi0tch...

    But like everyone has said before me, start low and see how you react. Raise the dose till you get the desired effects with minimal sides.. Me personally, I had NO sides from Halo... Next time 40mg for 5-6 weeks
    Last edited by dieseL atC; 08-26-2004 at 06:37 PM.

  35. #35
    REV's Avatar
    REV
    REV is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I don't think McDonalds affects the liver. Now the heart is another thing. A value meal is nothing but packaged Trans-Fatty Acids.
    You would be surprised
    Go watch "Super Size me"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •