1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

How can you tell the difference between estrogen gyno and progesterone gyno?

Is there any way to tell the difference? I've used the same amount of Test that I'm on now by itself and didn't have any gyno related symptoms, but after adding Tren my nips have gotten slightly puffy and soft. Are the symptoms the same between them? They've been like this for a while and it doesn't get worse than puffy nips, but I'd rather have normal looking nipples on cycle lol. Taking 200mg B6 /day, tried 10,20,40mg Nolva /day with little effect although some. Have since stopped the Nolva with no change, should I try 300mg of B6?
    Last edited by 1-Cent; 11-07-2004 at 07:18 PM.

Jackman is offline Banned
    i believe you can squeeze "white stuff" out of prolac gyno.

imann is offline Member
    etsrogen gyno will have a more puffy,swollen look to it (bitch tits)....the all gyno sux a$$...good luck bro.....sorry misread a old thread and thought out loud.....I
    Last edited by imann; 11-07-2004 at 02:34 PM.

Prolactin does not cause gyno.

I guess its estrogen then, but then why won't Nolva fix it? And its not getting worse either, theyre just puffy but nothing underneith, just looks wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    so you cant get gyno from deca or tren ? care to explain the answers you give so i can at least know.

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    Prolactin causes increased milk production, and in men (and women) that tens to inflame the area.

Quote Originally Posted by abmyers
    Prolactin causes increased milk production, and in men (and women) that tens to inflame the area.
    so should it go away after a while?

The possible mechanism whereby you can get gyno from a progestin like deca or tren is via progesterone ...prolactin is of no great importance with regards to gyno.

The possible mechanism whereby you can get gyno from a progestin like deca or tren is via progesterone ...prolactin is of no great importance with regards to gyno.
    oh i just realized i said prolac not progesterone.

Whoops my bad too, I meant progesterone not prolactin

actually prolactin influences and growth of ductal tissue, so it is an element. Though prolactin is more directly the cause of puffyness and milk production.

due to hormonal distrubances, prolactin, progestins, estrogens and a host of others bioactive chemicals and hormones play a role in the development and "solidification" of gynecomastia ... as well as heavily influencing ancillary effects such as puffyness, milk production, aching, itching, etc...

example.. (there are others.. this is just "lazy" search )

J Clin Pharm Ther. 2002 Feb;27(1):75-7. Related Articles, Links

Gynecomastia with sulpiride.

Kaneda Y, Fujii A.

Department of Neuropsychiatry, The University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Tokushima, Japan. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: Neuroleptic agents have been associated with gynecomastia, but evidence for a causal link is insufficient. We describe a case of unilateral gynecomastia without galactorrhea in a 38-year-old man during sulpiride treatment for generalized anxiety disorder. The patient had been treated with sulpiride (100 mg/day) for about 5 months by a primary care physician. In this patient, no specific endocrine alterations were found, except for a marked increase in prolactin (PRL) level and slight decrease in testosterone (T)/estradiol (E2) ratio. Drug withdrawal led to a reduction of the lump. Sulpiride is a substituted benzamide with selective dopaminergic blocking activity. From the marked increase in PRL level and the slight decrease in T/E2 ratio observed during sulpiride therapy, it is proposed that sulpiride may induce gynecomastia by inhibiting hypothalamic-pituitary function directly, and/or indirectly through hyperPRLemia.

Talking I'll show you lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    example.. (there are others.. this is just "lazy" search )

I'm even lazier. I took these studies off of YOUR board:

[Plasma prolactin levels and pubertal gynecomastia ]

[Article in German]

Butenandt O.

Twenty-three boys with pubertal gynecomastia had higher mean levels of prolactin than boys of similar development but without gynecomastia (10.1 vs. 6.2 ng/ml). In girls of comparable pubertal staging prolactin level was 12.3 ng/ml. In boys no hyperprolactinemia was found, not even after stimulation with TRH, prolactin levels were not elevated in two boys with secreting mammary glands. Therapy with bromocriptine stopped the secretion. During therapy, prolactin levels could not be raised by stimulation. The results contradict the hypothesis that prolactin is involved in the development of gynecomastia.

[Prolactin secretion and gynecomastia]

[Article in Bulgarian]

Kumanov F.

Nine males with gynecomastia were examined. The serum levels of LH, FSH, prolactin, testosteron, estradiol were determined, in some of the patients--progesteron. A stimulation with thyreoliberin was carried out to follow up prolactin reaction. The same examinations were performed with a control group of healthy males. Contrary to the healthy subjects, the patients with gynecomastia had a significantly higher levels of FSH and progesteron and testosteron was reduced with statistical significance. The basal level of prolactin in the patients with gynecomastia was not significantly increased and no deviations in the parameters of prolactin reaction was observed after the stimulation by thyreoliberin. On the base of those results progesteron in the males with gynecomastia is admitted to be able to support the mammo--tropic effect of estrogens, together with the reduced androgens and the altered receptivity of the mammary glands. Prolactin is of no great importance for gynecomastia.

PMID: 6424337 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

unfortunately the original poster was even lazier or failed to post that both those studies were over 20 years old. More recent research shows the opposite to be true.

the main issue with prolactin is that measures are often innaccurate, due to the fact that huge spikes can take place at night during sleep that are not reflected in the test results.

so an individual may have low or elevated daytime prolactin, but its the night time spikes that are the issue.- which can occur in both subtypes.

-2z- is offline New Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dostinex help with Progesterone related gyno symptoms ?

From what I've seen, there is a correlation with prolactin and gyno, but not always (or usually) a causation.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    actually prolactin influences and growth of ductal tissue, so it is an element. Though prolactin is more directly the cause of puffyness and milk production.

Since you both posted studies stating apparently conflicting results, I am still unable to come to a definative conclusion as to whether or not prolactin is an issue with gyno or other related problems.

Anymore info ?

I will research more myself as well.

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    ^ you hit an old thread for sure bro! Not sure if you will get AR here or m69alpha.

But Porgesterone, prolactin and estrogen all play a role in the production of gynecomastia when you are running compounds like Nandrolone or Tren .
    Prolactin definitely has a role in the formation of gyno.
    Hit up wikipedia.com for some good info on the subject. Just type in the key words and you will get plenty of info.

Thread Information