Thread: Women and DNP

lochick87 is offline Female Member

Women and DNP

I've researched and researched and still can not find any scientific evidence about the use of DNP in women. Can anyone give me anything about this? Have any women on here taking DNP? Anything will be appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Most opt for diet and cardio.

That's the smart way to go about it.

~SC~

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    there is not much out there as far as research goes. what is known is that phenols in general are carcinogenic. dnp has not been shown to cause cancer, but it does cause a huge increase in free radicals. this being said the difference between men and women is that men produce sperm continually, while women have all of the eggs they will ever have before they are born. the implications of this are that if a women uses dnp there is a chance that the eggs will suffer dna damage due to free radicals. so, there is a logical reason as to why women shouldnt use dnp, however, lots of women have used it, and i have never heard of any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    there is not much out there as far as research goes. what is known is that phenols in general are carcinogenic. dnp has not been shown to cause cancer, but it does cause a huge increase in free radicals. this being said the difference between men and women is that men produce sperm continually, while women have all of the eggs they will ever have before they are born. the implications of this are that if a women uses dnp there is a chance that the eggs will suffer dna damage due to free radicals. so, there is a logical reason as to why women shouldnt use dnp, however, lots of women have used it, and i have never heard of any problems.
    Would it be safe (or as safe as it can get) to only do a 7-10 day cycle with extra supps. to combat free radicals? I'm still young but I want to know that if I want kids someday it will be possible. thanks for the help.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lochick87
    Would it be safe (or as safe as it can get) to only do a 7-10 day cycle with extra supps. to combat free radicals? I'm still young but I want to know that if I want kids someday it will be possible. thanks for the help.
    Nobody knows the answer, it seems like a pretty high risk to take if you want to have kids.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I haven't been able to find any studies on fertility or birth defects and women with dnp . I believe there were some studies done in the twenties that suggested women may have a higher occurence of glaucoma while on dnp.

sin
    longhorn and rickson are dead on. nobody really knows because the data is scarce and what data there is was mostly done by "physiologists" seventy years ago. if i were you i would find another route just to be safe, there are no "supplements" that can block the countless free radicals that are going through your body when you uncouple oxidative metabolism.

This is a thread I came across while looking for info on dnp and women. I felt this shed some light on the topic.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...&highlight=DNP

Please comment on it, as I would love to hear what everybody thinks about this.

sin
    i dont have an account at elite. could you copy and paste it?

This is not my post, it is Citruside's from elite fitness.

I posted this over at CEM... I think it is valuable information for people who may be interested in taking DNP , but worried about possible side-effects or other problems.

One major concern women have had about taking DNP is that it could "fry" their eggs... first, the sheer temperature increase will not fry your eggs. Secondly, DNP will not effect the static eggs because it only effects metabolically active cells... (now, a pregnant woman, the egg would be active...), it effects the mitochondria of a cell... if a cell isn't producing energy, or needing it... no effect.

Secondly, there is much talk about how DNP might be a mutagen... Nandi on CEM posted that DNP was a TRUE mutagen... however, it is not.

In this test, the AMES test for Mutagen came back as only a WEAK link that it could be... there was not enough conclusive evidence to establish that. In a CA, or Chromosome Abrasion test -- which tests for the possible changes in number or structure changes... the test was equivocal -- meaning the test was inconclusive.
    1) Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare, Japan (Ed): Toxicity Testing Reports of Environ. Chemicals, Vol. 8 (2001)

To say that DNP would effect the chromosomes would be further faulted because DNP only effects the mitochondria of a cell... the chromosomes are in the nucleus of a cell...

As I've said before, I would not suggest DNP for women who plan on having children within a year... as the DNP can stay active in your cells for months -- another reason why a SECOND cycle of DNP would be more effective than the first with relation to fat loss ... as the stored DNP would work more effectively. I prefer a 8-10 day on, then 8-10 day off then repeat...

I have a woman friend who did 100-200mg (upped it) DNP for close to 10 days and had a significant fat loss... I believe around 3% ... now... maintaining of diet after the DNP is done with... really helped her cut down from 15-12%... and as you know, with women, that is a **** good fat percentage!

She, now, BTW... has a new born baby... with all the chromosomes in tact... and perfectly healthy.

C-ditty

sin
    This is not my post, it is Citruside's from elite fitness.

I posted this over at CEM... I think it is valuable information for people who may be interested in taking DNP , but worried about possible side-effects or other problems.

One major concern women have had about taking DNP is that it could "fry" their eggs... first, the sheer temperature increase will not fry your eggs. Secondly, DNP will not effect the static eggs because it only effects metabolically active cells... (now, a pregnant woman, the egg would be active...), it effects the mitochondria of a cell... if a cell isn't producing energy, or needing it... no effect.

Secondly, there is much talk about how DNP might be a mutagen... Nandi on CEM posted that DNP was a TRUE mutagen... however, it is not.

In this test, the AMES test for Mutagen came back as only a WEAK link that it could be... there was not enough conclusive evidence to establish that. In a CA, or Chromosome Abrasion test -- which tests for the possible changes in number or structure changes... the test was equivocal -- meaning the test was inconclusive.
    1) Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare, Japan (Ed): Toxicity Testing Reports of Environ. Chemicals, Vol. 8 (2001)

To say that DNP would effect the chromosomes would be further faulted because DNP only effects the mitochondria of a cell... the chromosomes are in the nucleus of a cell...

As I've said before, I would not suggest DNP for women who plan on having children within a year... as the DNP can stay active in your cells for months -- another reason why a SECOND cycle of DNP would be more effective than the first with relation to fat loss ... as the stored DNP would work more effectively. I prefer a 8-10 day on, then 8-10 day off then repeat...

I have a woman friend who did 100-200mg (upped it) DNP for close to 10 days and had a significant fat loss... I believe around 3% ... now... maintaining of diet after the DNP is done with... really helped her cut down from 15-12%... and as you know, with women, that is a **** good fat percentage!

She, now, BTW... has a new born baby... with all the chromosomes in tact... and perfectly healthy.

C-ditty
    i think this is crap, this person has no idea what they are talking about. the problem has nothing to do with mitochondria, the free radicals that are produced within mitochondria can do a number of things to the body, they are not "trapped" within cellular membranes. if quiescent cells were immune to damage, then the "eggs" would be eternal, correct? the fact is the "eggs" are continually suffering damage, hence the reason that older women more likely to have children with down syndrome, spontaneous abortions, etc. the damage could be minor, and only in select embryos, but nobody really knows for sure. i think if you choose to do dnp as a woman the odds are on your side, but you are gambling none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    i think this is crap, this person has no idea what they are talking about. the problem has nothing to do with mitochondria, the free radicals that are produced within mitochondria can do a number of things to the body, they are not "trapped" within cellular membranes. if quiescent cells were immune to damage, then the "eggs" would be eternal, correct? the fact is the "eggs" are continually suffering damage, hence the reason that older women more likely to have children with down syndrome, spontaneous abortions, etc. the damage could be minor, and only in select embryos, but nobody really knows for sure. i think if you choose to do dnp as a woman the odds are on your side, but you are gambling none-the-less.
    you make a very good point. i will keep up the research

Thread Information