Thread: self aspirating

rixyroids is offline Associate Member

self aspirating

hey guys

could anyone tell me the easiest way to self aspirate ? i inject to quads, so i can use mt other hand to aspirate, but im going to have to start injecting into delts and glutes.

is it that difficult to aspirate one handed? just i tried it on an orange (lol) and the needle just kept comn out! i couldnt keep pressure to stop it coming back out

any help would be appreciated

thanks again

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    hey guys

could anyone tell me the easiest way to self aspirate ? i inject to quads, so i can use mt other hand to aspirate, but im going to have to start injecting into delts and glutes.

is it that difficult to aspirate one handed? just i tried it on an orange (lol) and the needle just kept comn out! i couldnt keep pressure to stop it coming back out

any help would be appreciated

thanks again
    Mate the pressure you have to apply is extremly small, if you are in a vein blood will come into the syringe at the slightest pull back. You dont have to suck three litres of your body back into the syringe to aspirate, the slightest pressure is enough. I do the glutes, read this it will help http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=21360

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    thanks a mill, will help me a gr8 deal, thanks

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    i still use 2 hands with glutes. its tough, but i manage it, id rather hold the needle steady and have my obliques be a little sore from twisting around than be movin the needle around tryin to use one hand...

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I find delts really hard to aspirate / shoot without jogging the pin about - glutes are easier - I just shoot with a 25g 1'' and stick it all the way in, aspirating with 1 hand.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl
    I find delts really hard to aspirate / shoot without jogging the pin about - glutes are easier - I just shoot with a 25g 1'' and stick it all the way in, aspirating with 1 hand.

Careful about sticking it all the way it. If something happens nothing will be sticking out to grab to pull the pin out of your butt.

I made this mistake on a delt shot. It hurt like hell when they dug it out.

Just my 2 kopecks.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    i still use 2 hands with glutes. its tough, but i manage it, id rather hold the needle steady and have my obliques be a little sore from twisting around than be movin the needle around tryin to use one hand...
    Zilla, you do yoga or something?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Careful about sticking it all the way it. If something happens nothing will be sticking out to grab to pull the pin out of your butt.

I made this mistake on a delt shot. It hurt like hell when they dug it out.

Just my 2 kopecks.
    yeah - I'm pretty careful, it's just that, when I'm doing glutes, if I dont bury the fu<ker then I wobble all over the place & the pin goes in & out etc - If i stick it in all the way then at least I can keep it steady, which makes it a less painful shot.

c5529 is offline Member
    to aspirate you don't have to pull hard at all.....if you're in a vein a slight "flick" of the plunger will draw out blood. the first time you have it happen you'll see what I mean. I've never had problems aspirating with one hand anywhere that I inject. When you see a good nurse give an IM injection you won't even see him/her aspirate (even though they always do) because it only requires a very light touch on the plunger....

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Zilla, you do yoga or something?

Haha, nope. Basically, if im doin right glute, i do the upper part (like the thread in here describes, NOT the area they show on spotinjections.com). I hold it with my right hand, aspirate and shoot it with my left hand. Just gotta twist a little.......

cool7425 is offline Junior Member
    The way you aspirate with one hand is once the needle is in, you hold the syringe with your other 4 fingers (syringe between your pinky and fingers 2,3,4), and use the thumb to lightly tug on the plunger. If nothing comes out, then switch your hand position so you can now push the plunger down with your thumb (like a regular shot).

Once the needle is in my glute, sometimes I may let go for a second to switch hand positions. This doesn't present any problems.

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    You could try using two hands.It is kinda hard if you are injecting into your glute though. I figured that out but i do it. It just takes a little practice to get used to it

Thread Information