Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    thats gay, join 24hr, kinda pricy but their all over the place, i got one less than i block from my house, lots of mucle heads, and users there

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    discount is only 15%. it sucks!

yo can you recomend me or something, im going to bring in the application today.

Thats you in your pic? looking diesel!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    lol not me in the pic.. wish tho.. the only wya they will hire you is if you are avail to work mon and wed 11-7 in orange and weekends up in east haven sat 10-5 and sunday 12-5... well im off to the gym...later

lol not me in the pic.. wish tho.. the only wya they will hire you is if you are avail to work mon and wed 11-7 in orange and weekends up in east haven sat 10-5 and sunday 12-5... well im off to the gym...later

yes, im free during those times.

hhaha when i think about it, this is real funny. never thought i would meet anyone on any of these sites.

lift hard bro!

Strictly Business is offline New Member
    ****e everyone is in the Orange West Haven area

Quote Originally Posted by Strictly Business
    ****e everyone is in the Orange West Haven area

haha

do you go to planet fitness regularly?

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killagorilla187
    haaha

ya theres always these attendents looking around the gym and seeing what im doing.
    I go to the one in orange.
    I looked around at the one in Milford and it is all girly stuff. I thought it might be worth it for $10 a month, but that place is cheesey.

gonzo 1 is offline New Member

planet fitness

Hey guys, as a gym owner in California I can't say i've ever heard of planet fitness, but i will say i do have a couple of signs by my dumbell racks saying not to drop the dumbells. The only reason i have the sign is to try to make my equipment last longer. My dumbells are manufactured by Ivanko. They are a quality product but after they are dropped by some knucklehead because he wants to show everyone he is intense the $$$$$ can add up after awhile. Once you get above 50lb. dumbells they are well over $100.00 ea. But I'm sure everyone would be the first to bitch when a gym has to buy new equipment and has to raise gym dues to cover the expense. As far as gruntin and all that in my gym we play loud ROCK & ROLL and folks can yell, scream, sweat, Fart, whatever they want! Hell I am the one who puts the weights away after we close at night. I just ask them not to drop the big boys.

P Rock is offline Member
    for ten dollars a month, you cant beat that. but you know what they say " you get what you pay for".

people there dont bother me (workers).. the only gripe i got is the dumbells or lack of, they only go up to 80lbs.. but besides that .. its a gym..

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo 1
    but i will say i do have a couple of signs by my dumbell racks saying not to drop the dumbells. The only reason i have the sign is to try to make my equipment last longer. My dumbells are manufactured by Ivanko. They are a quality product but after they are dropped by some knucklehead because he wants to show everyone he is intense the $$$$$ can add up after awhile.
    I agree also with your point of view. But there is a certain way that you can drop the weight that will greatly minimize the stress on the ends. About 99% of the people that drop them, will drop them on the ends or the corners. This causes all the weight to be concentrated through one small area in the bar and this causes it to crack over time.

When I drop my weights, I make sure I drop them so that both ends land on the ground as even and flush as possible. This causes the stress to be concentrated through the actual plate and not the bar.

This sounds kinda technical, but trust me, it is what happens. I'm an engineer.

So guys, try to flip the weights over and make them land with both ends hitting the ground at the same time and the weights will alst more than twice as long.

people there dont bother me (workers).. the only gripe i got is the dumbells or lack of, they only go up to 80lbs.. but besides that .. its a gym..

ya, they need heavier dbs. I guess when they first opened they had dbs up to 150 then they took them out a few days later, they told my friends that they didnt want big guys imtimidating others.

whats up with like 32.5lb dbs? should of kept heavier ones instead of getting ones like those.

the staff doesnt bother me. The owner just confronted me when I was dropping the dbs while doing shoulder presses. I respect his rules, his gym.

btw i brought my application and talked with the manager yesterday.

He talked about needing help with the times you posted.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    and they have 100 dbs and they have a lunk alarm they call it if someone grunts or sumthin it goes off
    WTF are you serious if someone grunts an alarm goes off what the hell now that is so stupid I never heard of a grunt alarm lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    WTF are you serious if someone grunts an alarm goes off what the hell now that is so stupid I never heard of a grunt alarm lol.
    its true bro, tho they dont set that alarm off for everything which i thought they would.. i still grunt, not too loud and it hasnt happend..

BIGGEST J is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down

I only chose this gym because of the low price, $10 month.

But they are prejidice towards strong individuals, muscle heads, steroid users.

They only have 80lb dbs because they dont want big guys scaring others.

They have a policy about dropping dbs and gruning, signs all over the place, right in front of the db rack.

Today i was doing shoulder presses with the 80s and i brought them down to my waist and dropp them controlled.

The guy who owns the place confronts me and tells me i cant do that. Im so pissed, he was like your going to break my dbs. wtf!
    sorry if this is the wrong section but ppl have to know not to go here.

no fitness or gym should be pussy farting like that what a b...!!

THERE'S ALOT O PUSSY GYMS OUT THERE.....PLANIT FITNESS UP IN MY NECK THE WOODS HAS A GRUNT/SOUND O METER.....IF YOU GRUNT OR DROP THE WEIGHTS IT SETS A ALARM OFF...AND THEY COME BITCHIN.....

akiraproject24 is offline Junior Member
    I actually used to go to that same gym. I hated it always overcrowded. I also found the staff to be extremely stuck up. **** a gym should make their members feel welcome. That place reminds of of globo gym from Dodgeball.

celicadbz is offline New Member
    Try 24 hour fitness. Its always open and they have heavy weights. They don't care if you drop dbls since they got rubber padding on the floors.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I worked out there once, had some **** crazy alarm go off on me (wtf is that about) then was kicked out after i continued being a manamal.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Didn't even see this lol.

its true bro, tho they dont set that alarm off for everything which i thought they would.. i still grunt, not too loud and it hasnt happend..

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    But you know, if you're doing shoulder presses, you can lower it and put it back to your thighs...then stand up and put it on the floor. But can you imagine if you're doing 100 lbs and above db for flat and they tell you that you can't drop it? Well, bro, sorry but I can press 100 lbs but not curl 100lbs! Some people are just idiots....

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    well i go to one around new haven area in connecticut.

but planet fitness is all over the country i think.

http://planetfitness.com/
    What a bunch of bitches......i was going to sign up at the new one thats opening in Stamford...f that!!!!

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I agree also with your point of view. But there is a certain way that you can drop the weight that will greatly minimize the stress on the ends. About 99% of the people that drop them, will drop them on the ends or the corners. This causes all the weight to be concentrated through one small area in the bar and this causes it to crack over time.

When I drop my weights, I make sure I drop them so that both ends land on the ground as even and flush as possible. This causes the stress to be concentrated through the actual plate and not the bar.

This sounds kinda technical, but trust me, it is what happens. I'm an engineer.

So guys, try to flip the weights over and make them land with both ends hitting the ground at the same time and the weights will alst more than twice as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    What a bunch of bitches......i was going to sign up at the new one thats opening in Stamford...f that!!!!
    you still may want to check it out.. the stupid alarm system really is just how much of dicks the owners want to be. so they may not even use it at all. planet fitness has a few nice gyms.

Soup is offline Associate Member
    Buff Daddy, I signed up for the one in Stamford, now I am seriously debating it.

beuleux is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    So are you saying that you don't put your weights up that you have used?

If so, I hate people like you. That has to be the most lazy and inconsiderate thing to do in a gym. What is so hard about putting the weight back when you are done with it? I have no problem with throwning down the weights, I do it too. But I re-rack all my weights when I'm done. And I also correct people that I see that don't re-rack their weights.
    Hold on bro...there is something to be said for an untidy gym, its kinda like organized chaos. The gym I use, nobody reracks the weights in fact there arnt enough racks for all the weights, but there are plenty of heavy DB's and plates, you can grunt and drop weights as much as you like and the gym is dirt cheap and used by all kinds from competetive BB's to skinny teenage beginers. Anyway allthough the weights are strewn all over the place certain areas of the gym are popular for certain excercises and thus its quite easy to find everthing, occaisionaly it gets too bad even for our low standards and somebody eventually tidies the whole gym which takes about an hour, and the chaos starts all over again. I joined in 1987 and there has not been one accident due to falling over weights that I know of.

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    I also go there the one in Trumbull lot's of dirty people don't wipe up their own sweat pigs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information