Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    grandagent is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14

    Steroid Related Dilemna

    Hey guys, I am new here and have a problem. I have been lifting for about 3 years and have made some pretty serious gains. I started out with virtually no muscle as a 130 pound junior in high school, and transformed into my current self as a 185 pound freshman in college. My dilemna comes from my best friend and long time lifting partner. Last June he and I purchased a cycle after he talked me into it(I know I was weak minded). Well, I was reluctant and decided against actually doing them. Needless to say he was pretty pissed but I thought it was the right decision even though I dropped a lot of money on them. So I put the steroids away and forgot about them, deciding it just wasn't worth it. Meanwhile my friend packed on some serious weight, nearly 30 pounds and he ended up keeping about 25 of it. Now he is signifigantly bigger and stronger than I am, when I used to be the bigger of the two of us. No one knows he juiced and they praise him for his success's while I recieve none for the hard work I have put into lifting and dieting. Now here comes the real problem, he has just ordered another cycle for himself and plans to start in a few weeks. He is once again pressuring me to pull my cycle out of storage. I am finding it really hard to resist now, as I have seen how much size he packed on without any side effects, along with his constant pressuring, and the fact that I have already paid for my cycle and all of the PCT. I still find it hard to resist even though I know it is not worth it. I don't know why I just can't get the thought out of my head. Could you guys give me some advice on how to stay strong and keep away from the roids until i'm truly ready? BTW I will post my pictures in this thread tomorrow if that is allowed. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    502
    Well i'm not an expert on the subject but i'll try and help the best I can. Your 18 at the moment (same age as me) so if you decide to do the cycle your going to close off your growth plates and you wont grow any taller.

    In terms of resisting temptation, maybe make it a challenge. Like maybe "If I can stay off the steroids I can prove to myself I will have the discipline to do anything" (such as dieting extra hard)

    Also as far as im aware the more muscle you build naturally when you do eventually do a cycle in a few years means you will grow like crazy (who knows maybe overtake your friend again)

    And remember these are drugs that can be dangerous so why use them if you can build the muscle without ?

    Hope some of my rambling was of some use, lol

  3. #3
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    be strong and wait bro. it s no good to cycle at your age.

  4. #4
    Vegas67 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    549
    I would ask what is your motivation....if its just for getting big and pullin a** I would say dont risk it period. If you are trying to make a team.........just know what you are risking and get educated

  5. #5
    soo2bhuge's Avatar
    soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    1,385
    wait til u're older!

  6. #6
    toolman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,585
    Similar thing happened to me in college. I didn't finally run gear until my 30's. Do not run it unless that is what you, and you alone, chose to do.

  7. #7
    Hed
    Hed is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,381
    Dont run it because of other people. I am a month shy of my 21st, and i JUST started my first cycle of test only.

    I had been pressured for two years in college, but just basically said no. Researched for a year and a half, then finally took the plunge. NOW, i honestly feel like im ready for it, and went ahead with it.

    I would NOT have done it at 18. I learned so much in my freshmen and soph years of college about training and eating right, i would have wasted any gear i had.

  8. #8
    beuleux's Avatar
    beuleux is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,563
    yeh spill the beans on your cheater buddy...thatll stop him gaining any more size on you lol.

  9. #9
    grandagent is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14
    Thanks guys, you are really helping. I am going to man up and wait until I am older.

  10. #10
    IronReload04's Avatar
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by grandagent
    Hey guys, I am new here and have a problem. I have been lifting for about 3 years and have made some pretty serious gains. I started out with virtually no muscle as a 130 pound junior in high school, and transformed into my current self as a 185 pound freshman in college. My dilemna comes from my best friend and long time lifting partner. Last June he and I purchased a cycle after he talked me into it(I know I was weak minded). Well, I was reluctant and decided against actually doing them. Needless to say he was pretty pissed but I thought it was the right decision even though I dropped a lot of money on them. So I put the steroids away and forgot about them, deciding it just wasn't worth it. Meanwhile my friend packed on some serious weight, nearly 30 pounds and he ended up keeping about 25 of it. Now he is signifigantly bigger and stronger than I am, when I used to be the bigger of the two of us. No one knows he juiced and they praise him for his success's while I recieve none for the hard work I have put into lifting and dieting. Now here comes the real problem, he has just ordered another cycle for himself and plans to start in a few weeks. He is once again pressuring me to pull my cycle out of storage. I am finding it really hard to resist now, as I have seen how much size he packed on without any side effects, along with his constant pressuring, and the fact that I have already paid for my cycle and all of the PCT. I still find it hard to resist even though I know it is not worth it. I don't know why I just can't get the thought out of my head. Could you guys give me some advice on how to stay strong and keep away from the roids until i'm truly ready? BTW I will post my pictures in this thread tomorrow if that is allowed. Thanks
    bro, you and me are in a similar situation. i am also 18 and a freshman. i am not being pressured, but i got a buddy who is juicin, and its kind of hard to watch him grow and watch me grow slow.

    here is my motivation to stay clean for now. think about this bro, no matter where you are at, you are probably going to gain 25 pounds on your first cycle. after you gain that 25 pounds, muscle might not come easily anymore. so would you rather gain 25 pounds from 185, or look at the big picture and gain that 25 pounds when you are already 200, or better yet 215.

  11. #11
    ace ventura is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    525
    I hear many people that start on the gear that young regret later in life. I also think you can get problems later in life that you might not get if you wait till you get older. Don't take easy on it, many people do get serious problems with steroids even though there aren't too many of them spending time in this forum.

    I made up my mind and decided that I will juice. Fell in love with the thought of being bigger but I'm not so sure anymore. Fuvck I hate it, I whish it was more simple. I really want the positive effect of the juice, I know allmost everything about juice now but I'm not 100% sure if I will do it. Anyhow... there are som aspects that came to my mind because of a guy that told me his version of the story. He got problems with his heart and had to stop doing steroids. He's not against steroids but he wanted to warn me about what I'm going into.

    I will not tell his whole story here but he had a really good argument not to do steroids: You see, the real problem is when you find out you can not continue to use gear anymore. I never actually thought about that aspect when I said to myself I will do it.

    When I search deep into myself I want to be bigger, get a more masculine look and feal better about myself. I want to be impressive, who doesn't? The guy told me, when you do steroids and get this great body people on the streets get shocked when they see you. You can see the reaction on people when they see you. You get respect, people may come up to you and give you compliments about your body or comment your strength when you're working out. You will feel great about youself and think about this (my words)...your new body will give you a total new identity. Maybe it gets easier to get the girls too. You get a different attention from girls and respect from the guys.

    If you gain naturally you can get a better body that will last. Or you can get big on steroids. Do you want to be on and off steroids for the rest of your life? If the steroids make you big it will go away eventually when you decide to quit. That's why you should learn how to get big naturally first.

    Can you handle it; can you let go the identity that the steroids gave you? This is stuff that you and I should think about before we start. This is not propaganda **** to scare you off and remember people have different experiences too. This is something that happens to many. Let's say you get the body that you dream of. Do you know how it feals when you loose it and people say; you have become so small! The guy I'm talking about told me this; It hurts.

    The problem isn't in the beginning.. No matter what people tell you, you can not know how it will effect you. You can avoid many side effects but you never know how it will effect you in the long run. Things that's not suppose to happen, shouldn't happen or usually don't happen can happen. If you're not planning to do many cycles you must research yourself and figure out if you will be able to not do it. I don't know if I could.

    Megareksi (sp?) is another complex problem. Will you ever be happy or satisfied? I will do steroids because I'm not happy about myself to be honest with you. I figure out this may be the wrong reason to start out...cause steroids will probably do my problem worse...but it's hard.. I really want to do it but I just got a second thought about it. Thinking that I would never do high doses, stronger compounds than testo/deca /primobolan ..

  12. #12
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Bro, as everyone has stated your to young. You have nothing to be ashamed of and there will always be someone who is bigger than you. Don't worry about it. Think long term!!!!! I personally am glad you have not done them. It's takes a strong mind to resist temptation. You will have all the respect from members on this board if you continue to be natural.

    Welcome to the board

    BLT

  13. #13
    IronReload04's Avatar
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,640
    i like a lot of things that ace said. that is somthing that vets often overlook when telling us kids not to use.

    its pretty hard to resist the temptation but i get through it. i see kids all the time that use and it makes me proud that i am still bigger and stronger then them and still natural.

  14. #14
    IronReload04's Avatar
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,640
    also, have you seen the kevin levrone pics, ace has got a **** good poiint

  15. #15
    jgg1221 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    vagina
    Posts
    840
    dont use juice just because you want to be bigger than someone else. be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished... in the long run, its more healthier (atleast at your age it is)... dont get down on yourself because your not getting all the apprechiation hes getting. apprechiate yourself! quite frankly i find all the hard work quite respectable and think you could get just as big as your friend, but it just may take a lil bit longer....

    besides, most girls dont like monsterous freaks anyways right?
    and who knows how you might react to the sauce...
    just make sure you make a sound decision and do it with respect to yourself and your dignity... just remember to feel proud of what youve accomplished!
    what your gonna do is your call, but i hope you do whats best and know whats best for you

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    yeh spill the beans on your cheater buddy...thatll stop him gaining any more size on you lol.
    Steroids is not cheating, anybody who has done them before knows that you still need to bust your ass or you wont get any results regardless of anabolics or not. I would try to hold out until at least 20 or 21 years old if you can. If you can make great gains naturally and THEN introduce anabolics later, you'll be the one laughing in the end, because you'll probably be bigger than he is. But dont hate on the guy just because it was his choice, just tell him that you dont want to just yet. By the way, your gear will be expired by the time your ready for it, so why not just give it to me??

  17. #17
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Mental Institution
    Posts
    2,293
    I have the highest respect for you for sticking by your past decisions. It can be difficult when someone you train with is juicing and you are trying to stay away. However, you need to be your own man and make your own decisions. Entering into this 'life' is not one that should be taken lightly.

    Personally, waiting is the best thing you can do. Everyone will tell you your to young for this reason and that reason. I'm not going to go into the technical reasons why you are to young. What I will do is tell you that at your age you really have not experienced much in training, diet, etc, etc.... You can read all the books/magazines you want but you will never know what truly works for without a lengthy trial and error.

    I am 34 years old now. Started training when I was 16. I did not do my first cycle until I was 28 or 29 (Can't remember honestly). The twelve years I trained naturally taught me what my body reacts well to and what is doesn't. This trial and error period has helped me make the most out of each cycle I have run.


    D

  18. #18
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Mental Institution
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    yeh spill the beans on your cheater buddy...thatll stop him gaining any more size on you lol.

    I hope your joking Mr. Canseco.

    D

  19. #19
    j martini is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    924
    Depends on your goals if it is for an athletic pursuit that you would do well in then i would certainly consider it. However if its just to be bigger than your friend or get some ass i wouldnt bother.
    I myself started using at 17 do i regret it no as it was necessary to do what i wanted to accomplish

  20. #20
    Moosepellet's Avatar
    Moosepellet is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    832
    Wait till you get older bro. 18yrs is way to young to start juicing, I waited until after my 22nd birthday, before I started. Its a personal issue one that got both good and bad benefits, at your age though you probably have more natural testestrone than most members on this board. Educate yourself, eat right, and train hard, and maybe in a couple of years it will be a lot better.

  21. #21
    grandagent is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14
    Guys, I am holding my ground. It really helps getting respect from some of you guys. Buying these at this age was a really expensive mistake. Oh well, you live and you learn. Thanks everyone for the help.

  22. #22
    beuleux's Avatar
    beuleux is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    I hope your joking Mr. Canseco.

    D
    sure im joking bro, i stayed natural for 20 years before becoming a "cheater" (joke) I have total respect for this guys decision not to juice and i believe it is the right one, i was not as well informed as bros in here in my younger days, i believed the huge guys in the gym when they said they didnt juice, and was swayed by the popular media that denounced juicers as frauds and cheats, he is doing the right thing wether he chooses to juice or not it will be for his own reasons not for reasons thrust upon him by his peers or society....respect bro.

  23. #23
    MACHI's Avatar
    MACHI is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    I know this thread is a little old but here is a good analogy for you if you know anything about cars.....

    Look at it like this... In a street race there are many factors but one of the main ones is deciding when you shift gears and when to use your nox if you have it. Look at gear as your nox. If you use your nox to early in the race your fuc ked. You have a 'virgin' endocrine system when it comes to gear. If you use gear too early you could potentially fuc k yourself in the race with your buddy. Using steriods before your endocrine system/body has fully matured is bad news. It can permanently alter your hormone levels later on in life. So, you can juice up and try to overtake your friend now.... or ..... you can hit your natural max and use gear as your nox to catapult you over the edge.

    Just an analogy I thought you might find interesting...... I can back it all up with 'science' if you want me to lol. But that requires much typing.......

    Hope you make the right decision.

  24. #24
    Chrizzum is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    on top of your sister
    Posts
    105
    What I really think you need to do is get rid of your bottle$ by giving them to me for free. I know how hard this must be on you, but I would do that for you my friend. It's times like these where you need friends like me to help you through it.

    Last edited by Chrizzum; 02-11-2005 at 01:14 AM. Reason: brutalized the english language

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHI
    I know this thread is a little old but here is a good analogy for you if you know anything about cars.....

    Look at it like this... In a street race there are many factors but one of the main ones is deciding when you shift gears and when to use your nox if you have it. Look at gear as your nox. If you use your nox to early in the race your fuc ked. You have a 'virgin' endocrine system when it comes to gear. If you use gear too early you could potentially fuc k yourself in the race with your buddy. Using steriods before your endocrine system/body has fully matured is bad news. It can permanently alter your hormone levels later on in life. So, you can juice up and try to overtake your friend now.... or ..... you can hit your natural max and use gear as your nox to catapult you over the edge.

    Just an analogy I thought you might find interesting...... I can back it all up with 'science' if you want me to lol. But that requires much typing.......

    Hope you make the right decision.

    great analogy

  26. #26
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Mental Institution
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    sure im joking bro, i stayed natural for 20 years before becoming a "cheater" (joke) I have total respect for this guys decision not to juice and i believe it is the right one, i was not as well informed as bros in here in my younger days, i believed the huge guys in the gym when they said they didnt juice, and was swayed by the popular media that denounced juicers as frauds and cheats, he is doing the right thing wether he chooses to juice or not it will be for his own reasons not for reasons thrust upon him by his peers or society....respect bro.
    I was joking as well bro.

    D

  27. #27
    Anabolica's Avatar
    Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    267
    These guys are right kid(lol,sorry but i call anyone younger than myself KID)

    Your young and new to the sport. you have so much to learn and can gains some pretty impressive mass and streangh naturally. I know becouse thats how i started, I trained naturally for 4 1/2 years and have learnt allot, infact i'm still learning at 22years of age.
    My advice is to you if you want to eventully gain a great physique is to do as much research on natural bodybuilding as possible, and then study some more. train hard,be possitive,patient,consistant,dedicated and passionate about bodybuilding and you will achieve your goals.

    Good luck.
    -A

  28. #28
    seanw's Avatar
    seanw is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie in Singapore
    Posts
    2,372
    Bro at 185 you must be looking pretty good already if you are on a good diet. I know everyone wants to get huge but the chics really do prefer guys who big and muscular but arnt huge beasts (No offence to all the huge beasts on this site). You are obviously a pretty inteligent guy, so as everyone has already said, hold off for a while, you will be glad you did.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •